• Please be sure to read the rules and adhere to them. Some banned members have complained that they are not spammers. But they spammed us. Some even tried to redirect our members to other forums. Duh. Be smart. Read the rules and adhere to them and we will all get along just fine. Cheers. :beer: Link to the rules: https://www.forumsforums.com/threads/forum-rules-info.2974/

This is why I lowered my income, I'm sick of paying for these leeches!

Melensdad

Jerk in a Hawaiian Shirt & SNOWCAT Moderator
Staff member
GOLD Site Supporter
It is a fact that the few are now supporting the many and thinking like this is a reason why. This is the type of thinking that is going to destroy us as a country...this is what Obama wants people to think...

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2eg7uqLu2SY"]Parasitesaredevouringthehostculture.wmv - YouTube[/ame]

For those who've read "Atlas Shrugged" you know what it means when I say that I have "gone Galt" with my income. I'm tired of paying for people like this woman who is simply a 'taker' who relies on 'producers' and thinks she is entitled to it as her birthright. If my income is lower, my tax burden is also lower. I don't need the income so I'm not going to feed the system that promotes this crap.

muleman

Gone But Not Forgotten
GOLD Site Supporter
They are the second generation of the great society and breeding to produce the next ones.:hammer:

Melensdad

Staff member
GOLD Site Supporter
Is that for real?

Honestly I don't know if this is a real interview or if this is a docu-drama version, but either way it portrays what I oppose so I'm not really concerned if it is 'real' or not. Heck my sister-in-law is now on food stamps, largely because she won't even bother to submit a job application for a job that she believes might be too much work, not intellectually rewarding, etc. She's a nice woman but she has exceedingly high expectations and therefore doesn't bother to try . . . so she takes food stamps and is trying to get free health care.

mak2

Hey, dont give up your income yet. As I suspected it is satire, to mock black women on welfare. And I guess to fire up angry old white men.

thcri

Gone But Not Forgotten
I got that about a week or so ago. I was told the person in the video was making more of a mockery of the system. She is not part of it. That is hearsay.

muleman

Gone But Not Forgotten
GOLD Site Supporter
Color has nothing to do with the mentality that is portrayed. And it is correct on many of the points and also missed some of the bennies they collect. Almost unlimited u/c is another big drain on tax payers that stifles incentive to get out and find some work. I went from making $22 an hour to $9.00 but still worked till better things came along. I collected u/c before but never more than 26 weeks was available.

mak2

Wow that is nice, but it was made by a hip hop star to mock black women on welfare, don tell her it is not about the color. That is why I added the not like them all, including my lazy ass relatives. And it is still satire. you guys get that, right?
Bingo.

That is the point I was making!

Danang Sailor

nullius in verba
GOLD Site Supporter
I genuinely detest welfare cheats, and always wonder how in the hell they manage it. My eldest can't currently work,
and he gets the Princely Sum of $112.00 per month on his EBT card; no child care, no cash, nothing but enough money
to give him nutritious meals for about 10 days at current prices. Mom and Dad make up the difference.

And it isn't a matter of skin color. When we have to go to the local office the vast majority of the other folks waiting
around are Caucasian, and a LOT of them have expensive jewelry, new cars, and many children. Folks who have
lost their income due to the current economic situation have my sympathy and I don't mind my taxes going to help
them through, but it is obvious that many of these people are second-generation welfare recipients, with no thought
of changing their status.

Depressing.

Cowboy

Wait for it.
GOLD Site Supporter
If you really want to get pissed check out your local craigslist ads . These types of ads have been the norm for the last year. I aint heartless and help when I am able to thats why I check these ads. But 90% of them that have older kids still living at home either wont reply when you offer to help IF any of the family members will be willing to do a little work for the needed help or email right back from their fancy droid phone or some bullshit and chew my butt out for offering help in trade for a little labor. I guess they think that putting the all to familiar "God bless" phrase at the end of their ad is going to make people really feel sorry for them . :hammer:

That said the ones I have helped out have came out ready to work and I gave them what they needed without asking them for anything in return , except when they are driving a newer or fancier vehicle then we own ourselves. :glare:

Sorry for the rant, but I just went through it again today twice and we cant even afford to help someone else out sometimes but will if we can.

Ad below is just an example .

Our family has been without gas for several months.
We were desperate for our family to have hot baths and heat now that the weather has turned cold.

We got $72.57 from the Salvation Army but that is all they could pay.
That leaves the remaining $199.62 to pay.
We are trying to get assistance but nothing is coming through.

My family woke up to 45 degrees in the house.
I, and my husband are not concerned about us but our kids are suffering.
My 16-year-old is already sick.

Please, I beg you for my kids' sake, can you find a way to turn us back on?
Again, like I said I am hoping to get some assistance from the Navy and the state (SSI) but that could take a while.
I am also looking into some churches.

God Bless.

FrancSevin

Proudly Deplorable
GOLD Site Supporter
If you really want to get upset, come to Hiden valley in wentzeville MO. 300 homes more or less of people on hte dole. The same people reside here now as did back in 2004, 2006 2008 before yall lost your nice jobs. Theylive exactly the same and try just as hard to get out of their situia'tion.

'Cause it ain't there fault they be on Drugs and shit and can't get a decent job. And skin color has noting to do with it. Mostly caucasion trash dependent on some substance....And a working person's sweat and labor.

We have tried for 11 years to help anyone of them get a leg up. Mostly we get paperwork and phone calls from their "case workers" or their lawyers. Both of whom are more likely to show up at work than their client.

Thanks a bunch.

franc

Snowtrac Nome

member formerly known as dds
GOLD Site Supporter
"who would want to work" i for one would i have more pride than to sit on mu a$$ and ask for a hand out, might i mention don't ask me for one either i'm not the welfare office

jimbo

Bronze Member
GOLD Site Supporter
I think we have another video by the same lady somewhere on the forum. That one about maybe changing your vote when you find out that Obama is trying to get you a job.

NorthernRedneck

GOLD Site Supporter
Funny this topic should come up. I had a minor internal meltdown yesterday but held it all together when I was talking to one of the foster kids I work with. Basically, he had pretty much the same point of view as the girl in that video when he walked into the office wanting more money out of the agency or he was gonna go apply for welfare. Without going into too many details, let's just say that I brought him into one of our private offices so we could have a little chat. An hour later, he walked out of there with his head hanging down and vowed that he was gonna start looking for a part time job if he wanted more spending money.

Essentially, the message I put across to him was that I was sick and tired of people relying on welfare and looking for a handout all the time instead of getting off their butts and going to work when they are perfectly capable and that guys like me have to work to pay for these people who are just too damn lazy. He walked away with a different point of view. I just hope it sunk in but I will reserve judgement until I actually see him out there pumping gas, stocking shelves, or sweeping floors and working to graduate high school.

It's a vicious cycle that I'm trying to break which is why I spend a great amount of my time working with my older kids.(I manage a caseload of 12-17 kids on average aging anywhere from 0-18 yrs old) I try to spend allot of one on one time with my teens trying to point them in the right direction and give them a fair chance at a good life when they turn 18 and are out on their own. When these kids turn 18, they don't have any family to rely on. Nobody to lean on for support, per say. Even after they turn 18 and are out on their own, they know they can always come to me for advice on anything.

Back to my teen I had a good talking to yesterday...

He walked in with the mentality that there was no reason why he should bother finishing high school when he can just sit at home watching tv all day and collect welfare. He is now looking at graduating in a couple years and looking for a job. And he knows that I'll be there for him for advice whenever he needs it.

Melensdad

Staff member
GOLD Site Supporter
. . . And it is still satire. you guys get that, right?
Satire, by its definition, conveys a message. You understand that, right?

If so, then my original post, which was clearly written to convey my opinion, is simply saying that the message in the video is the reason why I choose to voluntarily NOT produce for this society any longer. If you don't understand it then you are hopeless.

Just a refresher, but I introduced this thread with these words. Can you dispute this? This is the point of the thread. The message!!! You seem to focus on if this woman was legit or not. That is irrelevant. The message is the relevant point! You understand that, right?
It is a fact that the few are now supporting the many and thinking like this is a reason why. This is the type of thinking that is going to destroy us as a country...

mak2

Sure Bob. :whistling:

And Dan Rather said the document was forged and but it was still true.
Satire, by its definition, conveys a message. You understand that, right?

If so, then my original post, which was clearly written to convey my opinion, is simply saying that the message in the video is the reason why I choose to voluntarily NOT produce for this society any longer. If you don't understand it then you are hopeless.

Just a refresher, but I introduced this thread with these words. Can you dispute this? This is the point of the thread. The message!!! You seem to focus on if this woman was legit or not. That is irrelevant. The message is the relevant point! You understand that, right?

Melensdad

Staff member
GOLD Site Supporter

I don't know what the **** you are talking about but the point of my post, the frigging message, is the point of my post. Go **** yourself if you don't like it.

Kane

If you don't feel the message is real, mak2, take a few minutes and google EBT rap. The message is real and the abuse of the welfare system is prevalent and abhorrent. To maintain otherwise is naive.

When the abusers write songs about abuse, laugh and joke about abuse, you know the system is sick.

Last edited:

mak2

It was satire, Bob thought it was real and went off. AEB "I'm tired of paying for people like this woman who is simply a 'taker' who relies on 'producers' and thinks she is entitled to it as her birthright. (SHE is already rich)" Instead of talking about hte women she was trying to shame. Then he blames it on Obama. And now he wont admit it.

I think it is great a hip hop artist attempted to address the issue. I am not arguing about the message.

Melensdad

Staff member
GOLD Site Supporter
If you don't feel the message is real, mak2, take a few minutes and google EBT rap. The message is real and the abuse of the welfare system is prevalent and abhorrent. To maintain otherwise is naive.

When the abusers write songs about abuse, laugh and joke about abuse, you know the system is sick.

Kane, what you don't seem to understand is that Mak has a mode of operation. He attacks the messenger and makes fun of him and the message. When pushed into a corner with fact he will derail a conversation by changing the topic or continuing to push his attacks.

Kane

Funny this topic should come up. I had a minor internal meltdown yesterday but held it all together when I was talking to one of the foster kids I work with. Basically, he had pretty much the same point of view as the girl in that video when he walked into the office wanting more money out of the agency or he was gonna go apply for welfare. Without going into too many details, let's just say that I brought him into one of our private offices so we could have a little chat. An hour later, he walked out of there with his head hanging down and vowed that he was gonna start looking for a part time job if he wanted more spending money.

Essentially, the message I put across to him was that I was sick and tired of people relying on welfare and looking for a handout all the time instead of getting off their butts and going to work when they are perfectly capable and that guys like me have to work to pay for these people who are just too damn lazy. He walked away with a different point of view. I just hope it sunk in but I will reserve judgement until I actually see him out there pumping gas, stocking shelves, or sweeping floors and working to graduate high school.

It's a vicious cycle that I'm trying to break which is why I spend a great amount of my time working with my older kids.(I manage a caseload of 12-17 kids on average aging anywhere from 0-18 yrs old) I try to spend allot of one on one time with my teens trying to point them in the right direction and give them a fair chance at a good life when they turn 18 and are out on their own. When these kids turn 18, they don't have any family to rely on. Nobody to lean on for support, per say. Even after they turn 18 and are out on their own, they know they can always come to me for advice on anything.

Back to my teen I had a good talking to yesterday...

He walked in with the mentality that there was no reason why he should bother finishing high school when he can just sit at home watching tv all day and collect welfare. He is now looking at graduating in a couple years and looking for a job. And he knows that I'll be there for him for advice whenever he needs it.

We all need to thank you, groomerguyNWO, and other people like you that find reward making a career in the social work biz. I can only imagine that your "successes" are far and few between.

Keep up the good work! And thanks again.