• Please be sure to read the rules and adhere to them. Some banned members have complained that they are not spammers. But they spammed us. Some even tried to redirect our members to other forums. Duh. Be smart. Read the rules and adhere to them and we will all get along just fine. Cheers. :beer: Link to the rules: https://www.forumsforums.com/threads/forum-rules-info.2974/

Why is it the passenger's side windshield wiper always works

thcri

Gone But Not Forgotten
Dang it, it is a pain to drive sticking your head over to the passenger side so you can see out. Wife thought I was getting frisky. The snow and ice just piles up just like it is supposed to on the drivers side and does not get wiped off making it so you can't see. I would like to know who is responsible for making the passenger side working when it shouldn't. :hammer::hammer::hammer:

Galvatron

Spock and Galvatron < one and the same
If you put the steering wheel on the right bloody side to start with you would not have this problem.:biggrin:

The English sussed it way back but chose to let you suffer:yum::yum::yum:

tsaw

GOLD Site Supporter
Dang it, it is a pain to drive sticking your head over to the passenger side so you can see out. Wife thought I was getting frisky. The snow and ice just piles up just like it is supposed to on the drivers side and does not get wiped off making it so you can't see. I would like to know who is responsible for making the passenger side working when it shouldn't. :hammer::hammer::hammer:

LOL! All ya got to do is this: When installing wipers. reverse the one you were gonna put on the drivers side.:yum::yum::yum:

muleman

Gone But Not Forgotten
GOLD Site Supporter
Open your side window a small amount and it will pull the defroster air to your side and help eliminate that.

thcri

Gone But Not Forgotten
Open your side window a small amount and it will pull the defroster air to your side and help eliminate that.

One step ahead of ya there. We r getting one he'll of a storm right now. I was even reaching out and raising the wiper and letting it flop back down to drop the ice. Dang right side had no problems. They took the snow plows off the roads around five today and will gi back out at six am as they can't stay ahead of it.

Last edited:

Trakternut

You're gettin' what we had yesterday and last night, Murph. We ended up with another 4". Williston, ND however, got 14! :wtf:

JEV

Mr. Congeniality
GOLD Site Supporter
I would like to know who is responsible for making the passenger side working when it shouldn't. :hammer::hammer::hammer:
I beleive it was a fellow named Murphy. He supposedly wrote some laws pertaining to situations like you're dealing with.

tommu56

Bronze Member
GOLD Site Supporter
I wonder a similar thing I got a dodge ram diesel and if you had one and lived above the 80th parallel they would never heat up.
I got a 1/2 hour ride to work and it finally gets warmed up as I get to the lot.

Then I noticed on ice road truckers all the pickups are ford or chevy.

Trakternut

What I've found to work is to keep the heat to the floor and the temp fairly low. Crack both your side windows a little to keep air movement to prevent fogging. The windshield glass will get cold enough so's the snow don't stick and ya don't need the wipers.
Wife b*tches though. "It's cold in here!". :doh:

pirate_girl

legendary ⚓
GOLD Site Supporter
This has happened for me as well.
Doesn't matter if the wipers are replaced or not, the drivers side always has some shit on it, while the passenger side of the windscreen is clear as a bell.
AND, it's always smack dab in line where I have to see the road for driving in bad conditions.
It's really bad while driving in heavy snow.. even with the heater on full blast!
That annoying streak of icy, half melted snow sticks in a streak right in front of my eyes.
One time I got out of the car and banged the drivers side blade on the glass, and wiped it off with my mitten, then proceeded to drive on to my destination.
The gas station.
By then, it had slushed up and gotten all crappy again.
Almost ran right into a gas pump.
I need to invent something along the lines of a portable hair dryer that I can plug into the cig lighter for occasions such as this.:yum:

Ice Queen

Bronze Member
SUPER Site Supporter
I agree with Galvi, you have your steering wheels on the wrong side of the vehicles, we don't have these problems with our wipers 'cos our steering wheels are on the RIGHT side.

Cowboy

Wait for it.
GOLD Site Supporter
One step ahead of ya there. We r getting one he'll of a storm right now. I was even reaching out and raising the wiper and letting it flop back down to drop the ice. Dang right side had no problems. They took the snow plows off the roads around five today and will gi back out at six am as they can't stay ahead of it.

Dont know if it will help or not thcri , sounds like your just dealing with heavy snow & maybe being sarcastic :biggrin: . If not you might get a set of Bosch ICON blades . There a lil pricy but well worth the money , I put a set on my Wifes durango 5 years ago & she said they are the difference between night & day compared to the factory ones . No ice build up & they never streak plus they are quieter :smile:

http://www.bestcovery.com/bosch-icon-wiper-blades

The Bosch ICON is a popular OEM wiper blade for many manufacturers, and it’s not difficult to see why. The hinge-free design allows even pressure across the wipe area, so each wipe leaves your windshield cleaner than a conventional wiper could ever manage. The graphite-treated wiper blades provide smooth, clean, and quiet wipes with none of the chatter associated with traditional wiper blades. The lack of hinges and joints with the ICON wipers means that there are no ‘freeze points’ that can decrease the performance of the wiper in the winter. Everything about the Bosch ICON series of wipers points towards superior performance over conventional wipers, and should definitely be seriously considered whether your current wipers need to be replaced or not.

thcri

Gone But Not Forgotten
If you put the steering wheel on the right bloody side to start with you would not have this problem.:biggrin:

The English sussed it way back but chose to let you suffer:yum::yum::yum:

Did I say anything about right or left :confused2: I said the passenger side.:hammer: Wake up would you. :yum::yum: Don't you have passenger sides over there :yum::yum:

I agree with Galvi, you have your steering wheels on the wrong side of the vehicles, we don't have these problems with our wipers 'cos our steering wheels are on the RIGHT side.

Agreeing with Galvi can get one in trouble :flowers::flowers: But I bet the left side in your case works fine right ??

Galvatron

Spock and Galvatron < one and the same
Did I say anything about right or left :confused2: I said the passenger side.:hammer:

See the problem is clear(not like your vision)you do not give the full details ....you say passenger side but do not establish if that is right side left side or backside....yes i think you were looking and talking out of your backside:yum::yum::yum:

Still the wrong side:hammer:

J.....you know:yankchain:

thcri

Gone But Not Forgotten
See the problem is clear(not like your vision)you do not give the full details ....you say passenger side but do not establish if that is right side left side or backside....yes i think you were looking and talking out of your backside:yum::yum::yum:

Still the wrong side:hammer:

J.....you know:yankchain:

I gave you the only details you needed to know. The passenger side. Don't you know what that is or are you just to far out of it to understand. :hammer::hammer:

The only thing that you said that made any sense in this whole thread was the bolded above, "Still the wrong side" Yes the wrong side works.

Geez what a guy has to do to explain. :poke:

Ice Queen

Bronze Member
SUPER Site Supporter
My wipers work fine on the right and the left of the car (viewed from inside and outside the car), the only problem I have with them is the intermittent wipe does not work, also in hard frost the washers won't work - neither of these things are relevant to steering wheels being wherever!! I can't think why anybody drives on the right hand side of the road, there is a reason why we drive on the left, but at present I can't remember it, something to do with history......a blonde moment has set in, so can't recall it at the moment.

muleman

Gone But Not Forgotten
GOLD Site Supporter
I think in Galvi's case it has to do with getting out the wrong side of the bed. It started as a youngster and continues to this day. So the wiper becomes a non issue as he is messed up before he drives!:hammer::yum::yum::yum:

muleman

Gone But Not Forgotten
GOLD Site Supporter
The thing I never understood is why the passenger wiper throws the snow and rain onto the drivers side. Just seems dumb to me.