• Please be sure to read the rules and adhere to them. Some banned members have complained that they are not spammers. But they spammed us. Some even tried to redirect our members to other forums. Duh. Be smart. Read the rules and adhere to them and we will all get along just fine. Cheers. :beer: Link to the rules: https://www.forumsforums.com/threads/forum-rules-info.2974/

STEREOTYPE: So you own a SUV or a Pick Up truck?

Melensdad

Jerk in a Hawaiian Shirt & SNOWCAT Moderator
Staff member
GOLD Site Supporter
Just returned from my daughter's volleyball match, we met at a "neutral" school that hosted our game because neither of our little schools has a gym that includes bleachers.

It was interesting. 1/3 of the parking lot was filled with LO-Riders, Deuce & a Quarters, and lots of chrome add ons. 1/3 of the lot was SUVs & Pick Up trucks. 1/3 of the lot was assorted non-descript mini-vans, cars, etc.

Now do you think I would come up with any stereotypes just pulling into the lot? Farmers vs the Inner City Kids? Seems logical. In fact that is just what it was. East Chicago vs Lowell.
EC = inner city, mostly hispanic with a smattering of whites and blacks in the population.
Lowell = lily white (OK we do have 1 black family and a few hispanics).

It was just intersting to see that you could tell who we were playing just by the parking lot. And they could probably tell the same thing when they looked around the lot too.

I'd also suggest that SUVs and Pick Ups from rural areas look like they should; they are trucks with a purpose, usually have trailer hitches. They have regular wheels and tires, not the ulta low profiles with chrome wheels on lowered frames like you see in the country clubs and also cruising the ghettos.

By the way, we lost. It was pretty much a wipe out, but our girls tried. One of my daughter's serves hit the ceiling. Oh well.