• Please be sure to read the rules and adhere to them. Some banned members have complained that they are not spammers. But they spammed us. Some even tried to redirect our members to other forums. Duh. Be smart. Read the rules and adhere to them and we will all get along just fine. Cheers. :beer: Link to the rules: https://www.forumsforums.com/threads/forum-rules-info.2974/

No New Posts

BoneheadNW

At 7:57 P.M. this eventing, for the first time I can remember, I received the "no new posts" message. Then I looked to see who is online, and there are only 8 of us. Probably the fewest I have seen in a long time, especially for this time of night. What is going on out there?
Bonehead

California

Charter Member
Site Supporter
Not much to report here. I drove the two hours from my home in town back out to the ranch (apple orchard) this afternoon. On arrival I hitched up the trailer and delivered a load of blackberry bushes / poison oak / English ivy to the dump.

Five years back I unwittingly started an ecological disaster - I dumped ivy clippings off the bank into the ravine down behind the orchard. This year I noticed the ivy had taken root and was outgrowing everything - choking the oak tree at the point where I dumped it, and spreading laterally under the 4 - 6 ft cover of blackberry bushes. In another decade it would take over the whole area. I hit it with two applications of Roundup. That had no effect on the ivy but killed everything covering it, revealing strong healthy ivy runners going off in all directions.

Last weekend I started grubbing it out by hand, but since the berry bushes and poison oak were so nasty, I took the backhoe down there and cleared an area larger than a house. I think I reached the end of the underground runners - I hope. I will need to watch that area for a long time and hit whatever grows from the remaining roots.

I took a few photos, and may eventually put them over on NetTractorTalk as a project writeup.

Doc

Bottoms Up
Staff member
GOLD Site Supporter
I had server issues. I was busy imaging a good server to overlay the image on a bad server. naughty naughty server.
I'm happy to say it is working A okay this morning. ....once the DB is loaded though that story might change. :(

BoneheadNW

I had an interseting call yesterday. Woman calls 911 to report that she could not wake her housemate, who had apparently drank 4 bottles of wine. I arrive to find the housemate in bed, motionless, with covers sopping wet. Water had been dumped on her head to try to wake her up. After several attempts calling her name with no result, I reach over to check her carotid artery on her neck to see if she has a pulse, and the woman suddenly opens her eyes and screams! Scared the crap out of me. Good thing my partner was there as she was naked under the covers (and not bad looking too!). Turns out that she had been dry for 4 months and fell off the wagon again. Hospital said she blew a 0.28. That would have killed me.
Bonehead

Doc

Bottoms Up
Staff member
GOLD Site Supporter
I had an interseting call yesterday. Woman calls 911 to report that she could not wake her housemate, who had apparently drank 4 bottles of wine. I arrive to find the housemate in bed, motionless, with covers sopping wet. Water had been dumped on her head to try to wake her up. After several attempts calling her name with no result, I reach over to check her carotid artery on her neck to see if she has a pulse, and the woman suddenly opens her eyes and screams! Scared the crap out of me. Good thing my partner was there as she was naked under the covers (and not bad looking too!). Turns out that she had been dry for 4 months and fell off the wagon again. Hospital said she blew a 0.28. That would have killed me.
Bonehead

:yum: :yum: Your work sure sounds much more exciting than mine. :eek: