• Please be sure to read the rules and adhere to them. Some banned members have complained that they are not spammers. But they spammed us. Some even tried to redirect our members to other forums. Duh. Be smart. Read the rules and adhere to them and we will all get along just fine. Cheers. :beer: Link to the rules: https://www.forumsforums.com/threads/forum-rules-info.2974/

How does the weather affect you?

DaveNay

Klaatu barada nikto
SUPER Site Supporter
How do you guys keep tabs on the weather? Most all of us spend a good deal of time outdoors in both winter and summer, and I was just wondering what you find best for keeping tabs on the weather? How do you know if you will be able to mow the big field this weekend, or if it will be too muddy? Should you put the snowblower on the tractor this morning before heading to work?

How about even larger situations? We grow about 10 acres of hay in the summer, and I can tell you that sometimes it can get really nerve wracking trying to find 5-6 straight days of good warm weather in the middle of June so that we can get the first cutting done.

Personally, I find that keeping a close eye on the radar is the most consistent, as well as simple observation of the fronts and temperature gradients.

What's your method? Radar? Official forcasts? Old Farmers Almanac? Weather Rock?

Discuss. :beer:

XeVfTEUtaAqJHTqq

Master of Distraction
Staff member
SUPER Site Supporter
This not stop rain makes me f#$king depressed! That's how it f(*&king affects me!

I've looked at weather.com, checked out the almanac sites, and they all say the same thing: Move south.

Spiffy1

Huh?
SUPER Site Supporter
PBinWA said:
I've looked at weather.com, checked out the almanac sites, and they all say the same thing: Move south.

Right now, even the "weather rock" is screaming that at me!

Cowboyjg

Country Club Member
Site Supporter
Because much of my business is weather dependant, keeping an eye on things is a daily event. I have several local channels I watch and then go to the NOAA website to see what's going on. There is still some guess work involved, but if you watch regularly you can get a handle on things most of the time. Predicting more than 3 days out gets tough though.