• Please be sure to read the rules and adhere to them. Some banned members have complained that they are not spammers. But they spammed us. Some even tried to redirect our members to other forums. Duh. Be smart. Read the rules and adhere to them and we will all get along just fine. Cheers. :beer: Link to the rules: https://www.forumsforums.com/threads/forum-rules-info.2974/

Whats wrong with my pressure washer XX%#???

BigAl

Gone But Not Forgotten
SUPER Site Supporter
OK , I been happy pressure washing my house for about the last 4 days now:) . I have about 1 day left and the damn thing is acting up . When I pull the trigger it keeps taking longer and longer to pressurize . I tried removing my interchangable tips and you can hear the motor load up and have pressure ,but the minute I put the tip back in it loses pressure . It is about 1 year old and is a 3000 pounds sprayer.
Any thoughts ??

XeVfTEUtaAqJHTqq

Master of Distraction
Staff member
SUPER Site Supporter
You can usually buy replacement wand parts at most good HW stores. Could you borrow a neighbors wand to troubleshoot with?

BigAl

Gone But Not Forgotten
SUPER Site Supporter
You can usually buy replacement wand parts at most good HW stores. Could you borrow a neighbors wand to troubleshoot with?

Crap ! What a great idea ! I never thought of changing wands !!! My brother is coming down and bringing his pressure washer ,to help me . I will give his a try and see if it corrects the problem . Thanks a million !!!

cj7

LOL

I was just trying to fix mine tonight..

It does not build any pressure at all.. I have the pump off and it tunrs freely. I think there is too much build up on what I think is a valve wher it goes to the hose.

It is a 2400 psi excell

I can get an upgraded pump for 189.00...

I have the suspected part soaking in penetrating oil.. not much hope..

bczoom

Super Moderator
Staff member
GOLD Site Supporter
BTW - If you let your pressure washer freeze (leave it in an unheated area in the winter), there's a possibility the water in the pump froze, expanded and cracked the pump. It's been a few years (since I did it), but if I recall, you'll see water leaking and possibly other things that don't seem right.

XeVfTEUtaAqJHTqq

Master of Distraction
Staff member
SUPER Site Supporter
Good points BC. My sprayer pump froze and cracked last year.

This year I ran pure antifreeze through my sprayer. You can actually buy and anti-freeze foam kit for pressure washers at Home Depot. I did that this year too and the pressure washer worked fine when I used it the other day.

cj7

Mine does not leak.. I get no water coming out anyplace even where it is supposed to.

The directions in my manual say that you can use RV antifreeze and even washer fluid for storage protection.

Funny thing is the tool has been down for about 5 months.. I finally found ones of those ' round to its ' to take a look and see..

going to put things back together tonight I hope.. and maybe she will work..

if not I guess it is off to buy a new pump...
does anyone have any place they have purchased new pumps from???

BigAl

Gone But Not Forgotten
SUPER Site Supporter
Did you check the incoming water filter screen? Mine was about half plugged up . It is right behind the hose connection on my washer .

cj7

well I did get mine to work again....saved some money for now at least.

I ended up removeing the pump and taking some of it apart. I soaked up the ports and anywhere else I thought could use help with PB blaster. Put it all back together and it works!