• Please be sure to read the rules and adhere to them. Some banned members have complained that they are not spammers. But they spammed us. Some even tried to redirect our members to other forums. Duh. Be smart. Read the rules and adhere to them and we will all get along just fine. Cheers. :beer: Link to the rules: https://www.forumsforums.com/threads/forum-rules-info.2974/

WHAT'S GOING ON AT THE TUCKER FACTORY

Jeffsno27

It has been a great project and now it's time to find this kitty a home. The 1956 model 443 is officially up for sale! It has been completely gone through and freshened up and we made a few improvements along the way. It will be sold as is no warranty. All of us here at Tucker hope that this machine will go to someone will take it out in the snow and enjoy it with their family as much as our family enjoyed restoring it. Please call with questions.
541-779-3731 office
56 finished 1.jpg

56 rear interior 2.jpg

56 rear interior.jpg

1956 engine.jpg

1956 front interior.jpg

Jeffsno27

update on post with some corrections:

It has been a great project and now it's time to find this cat a home. The 1955 model 443 is officially up for sale! It has been completely gone through and freshened up and we made a few improvements along the way. It will be sold as is no warranty. All of us here at Tucker hope that this machine will go to someone who will take it out in the snow and enjoy it with their family as much as our family enjoyed restoring it. Please call with questions.

Jeffsno27

We have added to the display at the factory! A local family has let us put this little piece of Tucker history in our museum. Built in 1952 1953 This little car was for a friend of Emmit Sr. that lost his legs in a car accident so he could get around his property. Really great story and really fun to see it in pretty good condition. The plan is to get it running :clap:

tucker go kart.jpg

tucker go kart 1.jpg

tucker go kart with  original owner new.jpg

DAVENET

Bronze Member
GOLD Site Supporter
OK. That's just plain cool. It is fantastic you have the background info on the machine as well.

I can only imagine the speculation of how pontoons would have worked if that had popped up in the "Look what I found" section of the forum! :yum: (That probably would have been pretty humorous actually :smile: )

Any takers on your referb machine or just pontoon kickers?

Jeffsno27

Mostly pontoon kickers but there have been some serious lookers. It has generated a lot of interest in our machines lots of conversations and that is where sales start.
I kind of wish time travel was possible I would love to see what a typical day was like with my great grandfather and my grandfather back when everything was getting started. I love what we do here every day is an adventure.

DAVENET

Bronze Member
GOLD Site Supporter
Just guessing, but I bet you would be leaving the house and coming back home in the dark. Every day. The sun would be something you read about in books.

Sort of like now. :yum::yum:

Sno-Surfer

Now that's a cool cat!!
I sure am digging all the Tucker's coming out of long term hibernation lately.
So cool. And great to have this forum to share them on. Thank you!:smile:

Kristi Kt-4

Mostly pontoon kickers but there have been some serious lookers. It has generated a lot of interest in our machines lots of conversations and that is where sales start.
I kind of wish time travel was possible I would love to see what a typical day was like with my great grandfather and my grandfather back when everything was getting started. I love what we do here every day is an adventure.

Tomorrow is " back to the future day".... Atleast you have lots of period pictures from completed machines/shop. :clap:

sno-drifter

Bronze Member
GOLD Site Supporter
How cool is that little car. Looks like it got chased across Antarctica so fast that the front tires got blown off with the doors! Thanks for posting Jeff.

MNoutdoors RIP

Gone But Not Forgotten
GOLD Site Supporter

Now think in reverse when the siblings of the future look back and say remember when Jeff was posting about great great great great grandfather
When it all began and then it evolved to this and now Tucker's can fly. Or at least compared to the early ones:smile:and they wish they could have seen one
That still burned Dino oil, now that they run off hydrogen from the snow that they travel on.

sno-drifter

Bronze Member
GOLD Site Supporter

PJL

I watched an episode a few nights ago. They had a $90,000.00 budget and built a tricked out Ford super duty and bought a BV206 to go with it. The BV206 cost them 50K and had it shipped from Sweden. 10k for a trailer and 8,500 in repairs. Looked cool when it was done but damn was that spendy.

sno-drifter

Bronze Member
GOLD Site Supporter
Thanks. Looks like something I would be will to turn the TV on for.

I turned on the TV but it was a waste of time. All the grab ass on these shows is poor influence. They did not show or discuss how they mated the truck drive train to the frame. At one point I think they still had the Tucker transfer case and they used the stock steering arrangement. It must have been a 500 with the aluminum fifth wheels. The Serra track system does not impress me, got to be loads of fun on a side hill. Nice update on the rubber belting, bet it will last half way thru the shoot.

3512b

GOLD Site Supporter
Well at least they were down there and not up here making another one of those foolish Alaskan reality shows!

loggah

SUPER Site Supporter
Awe come on Steve, need to see you on Fixing Alaska!!!!:smile: I watched it but it was painfull with all the commercials. Your right about those tracks,not much there to prevent side slippage on boilerplate.

undy

I turned on the TV but it was a waste of time. All the grab ass on these shows is poor influence.
Agreed entirely. It was also mundane and stupid. I mean, who hasn't driven around a bare chassis at some point in there life? Whoop-de-doo. But on-road? And then they switch seats while moving?

I see a Darwin Award in their future.

I couldn't even sit through the whole show.

Track Addict

Bronze Member
GOLD Site Supporter
Had to use the urban dictionary on this thing called the internet to understand the term "grab ass".

Most shows don't have enough actual detail on the projects just the people involved.

Looking forward to the Tuckerville Vaudeville series.

Pontoon Princess

Cattitute
GOLD Site Supporter
Had to use the urban dictionary on this thing called the internet to understand the term "grab ass".

Most shows don't have enough actual detail on the projects just the people involved.

Looking forward to the Tuckerville Vaudeville series.

you would be bored to tears, series would not last the first 5 minutes

DAVENET

Bronze Member
GOLD Site Supporter
I completely missed it the first time thru watching the preview, but with the original body put back onto the modified frame you can see the additional 24" added in for the truck bed. That's a Loooong cat! Maybe Sparks will give some detailed solutions / details in the other thread.

DAVENET

Bronze Member
GOLD Site Supporter
I turned on the TV but it was a waste of time. All the grab ass on these shows is poor influence. They did not show or discuss how they mated the truck drive train to the frame. At one point I think they still had the Tucker transfer case and they used the stock steering arrangement. It must have been a 500 with the aluminum fifth wheels. The Serra track system does not impress me, got to be loads of fun on a side hill. Nice update on the rubber belting, bet it will last half way thru the shoot.

Don't DMC/LMC/Thiokol use that style grouser? Looks like each one has an ice plate at each end in this picture? Not too sure on the drive line. The two pics on line don't show anything going to the front axle.

edit: I see the front drive tube now- thought I was looking at a support brace. But then again, we should probably move this discussion to the other thread so we don't hijack Jeff.

Attachments

• SECat.jpg
    SECat.jpg
    94.4 KB · Views: 382