• Please be sure to read the rules and adhere to them. Some banned members have complained that they are not spammers. But they spammed us. Some even tried to redirect our members to other forums. Duh. Be smart. Read the rules and adhere to them and we will all get along just fine. Cheers. :beer: Link to the rules: https://www.forumsforums.com/threads/forum-rules-info.2974/

Cell Phone Help

rlk

Bronze Member
GOLD Site Supporter
Anyone know if there is any way to attach a cell phone to multiple phones in the house?

I would like to do away with the phone company's land line, but would like to still be able to use the telephone extensions in the house.

So the question is: Is there a device you can plug the cell phone into that will allow you to answer the cell phone on one of the many extensions in the house?

I think if you use your PC and the internet for phone calls (voip, skype, etc.) you can connect multiple extensions, so I'm thinking there should be a way to connect the cell phone to the house telephones.

Hope I'm explaining this correctly.

Thanks, Bob

Trakternut

I believe the answer is "no".

Since cell phones are little more than a fancied-up radio transmitter and receiver, to integrate a cell phone with regular land line phones would take a special transmit/receive unit which would have to be interfaced with the hard wired system in the house.
And.......since most cell companies are competing with landline companies, I'm betting the chances of that ever happening are slim to none.
Hope I helped you.

Doc

Bottoms Up
Staff member
GOLD Site Supporter
Yep, I think Tnutz got it right. I've never heard of a cell phone with that capability.

I have seen some kewl voip companies where you can sign up for one year for $99 for the 1st year and $199 after that (per year). And those you can use all the current phones in your house with it, plus all of your long distance is free.

loboloco

I know that what you want to do is technically possible. we used to pass Singcar signals over to both 'cell' phones and land lines. Would need a signal converter set up to your cell phones ID though. Will look around and see what there is out there.

loboloco

go to your browser, type in 'cell phone to land line converter' . You will get several sites popped up. Take your pick.

Erik

SelfBane
Site Supporter
buddy of mine has a voip setup that uses all the jacks in the house and automatically transfers calls to his cell if it rings more than 3 times, but i don't know the details (brand, etc...) sorry.

rlk

Bronze Member
GOLD Site Supporter
I know that what you want to do is technically possible. we used to pass Singcar signals over to both 'cell' phones and land lines. Would need a signal converter set up to your cell phones ID though. Will look around and see what there is out there.

Loboloco, you hit the nail on the head. I thought what I want to do was possible, but had no idea there were so many products available.

I'll have to do more research, but at first glance, it looks as if there are several products to do exactly what I want.

Thanks for the information.

Bob