• Please be sure to read the rules and adhere to them. Some banned members have complained that they are not spammers. But they spammed us. Some even tried to redirect our members to other forums. Duh. Be smart. Read the rules and adhere to them and we will all get along just fine. Cheers. :beer: Link to the rules: https://www.forumsforums.com/threads/forum-rules-info.2974/

Church builds mansion for former Obama pastor

Deadly Sushi

The One, The Only, Sushi
SUPER Site Supporter
How the black community is rewarding this "pastor". He isnt a pastor in my opinion. He isnt even a well-thinking black man. In fact in MY book he boarding on something else.

http://www.southtownstar.com/news/867089,032908wright.article
By Kristen Schorsch, Staff writer
The Rev. Jeremiah Wright's four-bedroom home in Tinley Park will feature an elevator, a large family room with a fireplace and bar, a butler's pantry, a rubberized exercise room, a circular driveway, a four-car garage, a spare room for a future theater or swimming pool and a master bedroom with a whirlpool and custom shower as well as a fireplace and under-counter fridge, building plans show.
He would add to the mix of townhomes and multimillion dollar single-family homes that make up Odyssey Club, which backs up to Odyssey Country Club and golf course.
» Click to enlarge image
The Rev. Jeremiah Wright's home will feature an elevator, a rubberized exercise room, a circular driveway and a spare room for a future theater or swimming pool.

The subdivision has some of the largest homes in Tinley Park, said Trustee Greg Hannon, an avid golfer at the country club.
"I think it's where people kind of decide to get away from things," he said.
Wright's Tinley Park mansion is estimated to cost $1 million, a building permit shows. Trinity United Church of Christ, 400 W. 95th Street, Chicago, is listed as the landowner on the permit.
Wright could not be reached for comment. A business manager with the South Side church did not return a phone call for comment.
The pastor has made national news in recent weeks as one of his congregants - presidential candidate and U.S. Sen. Barack Obama - has been forced to comment on controversial words Wright has said from the pulpit.
Among the minister's inflammatory remarks was that U.S. foreign policy was to blame for terrorist attacks on Americans. He also blasted Obama's Democratic rival, U.S. Sen. Hillary Clinton.
"I am sick of negroes who just do not get it," Wright said. "Hillary was not a black boy raised in a single-parent home, Barack was. Barack knows what it means to be a black man living in a country and a culture that is controlled by rich, white people. Hillary can never know that. Hillary ain't never been called a nigger."
Wright has retired from preaching. Obama said on a Friday television appearance he would have left Trinity otherwise.
"Had the reverend not retired and had he not acknowledged that what he had said had deeply offended people and were inappropriate and mischaracterized what I believe is the greatness of this country, for all its flaws, then I wouldn't have felt comfortable staying there at the church," the Illinois senator said.
The Rev. J. Bennett Guess, communications director for the United Church of Christ national office, said local congregations decide how to spend their own money. At Trinity, pastors spend cash based on the contributions to their church, Guess said.
He added in a prepared statement: "It is customary and appropriate in many Christian denominations, including the United Church of Christ, for local churches to offer housing provisions for retiring clergy, especially in cases where pastors have served long-term pastorates.
We support efforts by our 5,700 local churches to ensure that retiring pastors and spouses have continuing housing, adequate pension and health care, as an expression of our continuing appreciation for their years of service. Each local UCC congregation is free to honor a retiring pastor in ways it feels most appropriate to address the needs of that clergyperson's circumstances."
Kristen Schorsch can be reached at kschorsch@southtownstar.com or (708) 633-5992. Kristen also blogs about Tinley Park at blogs.southtownstar.com.

Melensdad

Jerk in a Hawaiian Shirt & SNOWCAT Moderator
Staff member
GOLD Site Supporter
You didn't expect the good Reverend to take a vow of poverty did you?

fogtender

Now a Published Author
Site Supporter
I would be interested to see his tax files.

The poor man is flat broke, the white bastards stole all his money... He is at the mercy of his Church and has become a "Ward" of the Church to make ends meet...Now he has to live in such a disrespectful level of posterity that most of us would snub our noses at... Not!What a jerk, spends all his life being a bigot and then lives like a King from his ill gotten wealth. No wonder the Blacks feel that they are being suppressed, they are by their own...

urednecku

Site Supporter
The poor man is flat broke, the white bastards stole all his money... He is at the mercy of his Church and has become a "Ward" of the Church to make ends meet...Now he has to live in such a disrespectful level of posterity that most of us would snub our noses at... Not!What a jerk, spends all his life being a bigot and then lives like a King from his ill gotten wealth. No wonder the Blacks feel that they are being suppressed, they are by their own...

I just wish more of them were smart enough to figure that out. Bill Cosby has a few words for them. Wish I could find that article right now.
Just keep in mind, sooner or later, JW will get his reward. I believe JC see to that!