• Please be sure to read the rules and adhere to them. Some banned members have complained that they are not spammers. But they spammed us. Some even tried to redirect our members to other forums. Duh. Be smart. Read the rules and adhere to them and we will all get along just fine. Cheers. :beer: Link to the rules: https://www.forumsforums.com/threads/forum-rules-info.2974/

How much weight loss is considered normal?

Angelface

I've lost 14 pounds in a little under two weeks. My diet hasn't really changed much. I don't eat as much anymore as I seem to get full much quicker and on less food without feeling very hungry. I also don't work out...:doh: I have been considered "tiny" all my life naturally but now I am starting to look anorexic ad most of my clothes don't fit right anymore. I am on medication for bipolar disorder, but I have been taking the same meds for 10 months now. So I don't think that has anything to do with it. Hmm maybe it's just normal?

tiredretired

The Old Salt
SUPER Site Supporter
That seems excessive to me. That's slightly over 1 pound a day. I am NO doctor so that is why I am going to advise you to contact one and tell them your story.

Those that diagnose and medicate themselves have a fool for a patient.

Leni

I agree with TR. That is too much especially since you are not trying to lose weight. See a doctor ASAP.

Leni

Sometimes worry is a good thing. Make an appointment to see a doctor NOW.

Last edited:

NorthernRedneck

GOLD Site Supporter
Go see a doctor. I recently lost 40lbs in a month. That was due to fluid build up on my lungs which restricted my stomach to where I could only eat 2-3 bites at any meal. Nice to lose the weight but not a good way to do it. Too much too quick.

Angelface

Go see a doctor. I recently lost 40lbs in a month. That was due to fluid build up on my lungs which restricted my stomach to where I could only eat 2-3 bites at any meal. Nice to lose the weight but not a good way to do it. Too much too quick.

Oh wow that's a lot!! I did speak to someone about it and he said it could be related to my ulcerative colitis. That or another factor of a severe change of moods and certain levels of stress. At this point however, some lab work will be done and I need to keep track of my weight as much as possible for the time being. Ooooh how I hate medical stuff!!! lol

luvs

'lil yinzer~
GOLD Site Supporter
1-2 lbs. in 7 days is sufficient. i'm very thin, & have a higher caloric intake than most guys & 4,150 kcals sustains me. btw, i usually won't get near that, despite a tube & food, booze, & snacks. could ring your your doctor or a dietician. they have ways to approximate an ideal for you.

pirate_girl

legendary ⚓
GOLD Site Supporter
Oh wow that's a lot!! I did speak to someone about it and he said it could be related to my ulcerative colitis. That or another factor of a severe change of moods and certain levels of stress. At this point however, some lab work will be done and I need to keep track of my weight as much as possible for the time being. Ooooh how I hate medical stuff!!! lol

I hope they're checking your T's.
Could be hyperthyroidism.