• Please be sure to read the rules and adhere to them. Some banned members have complained that they are not spammers. But they spammed us. Some even tried to redirect our members to other forums. Duh. Be smart. Read the rules and adhere to them and we will all get along just fine. Cheers. :beer: Link to the rules: https://www.forumsforums.com/threads/forum-rules-info.2974/

Which will fill first?

Doc

Bottoms Up
Staff member
GOLD Site Supporter
I'm positive 99% of you will not fail at this ....but a few will. My first shot was wrong. :pat:

Attachments

• whichWilFillFirst7.jpg
    whichWilFillFirst7.jpg
    34 KB · Views: 213

Doc

Bottoms Up
Staff member
GOLD Site Supporter
Double ck that Mike.

I went with 5 first. Nope, dats not it either. :yum:

mla2ofus

GOLD Site Supporter
I see my mistake. It'll be #5 because it appears there's a hole in the bottom of #7 And besides the outlet from #1 to #2 is higher than the outlet from #1 to #3 and the outlet from #3 to #4 is blocked.
Mike

tiredretired

The Old Salt
SUPER Site Supporter
I see my mistake. It'll be #5 because it appears there's a hole in the bottom of #7 And besides the outlet from #1 to #2 is higher than the outlet from #1 to #3 and the outlet from #3 to #4 is blocked.
Mike

:yum: Never saw the pipe blocked. Yup, it has to be 5.

mla2ofus

GOLD Site Supporter
I didn't see it until doc said to check again. Too much hurry hurry!! Doc, is that really a hole I see in the bottom of #7?
Mike

jimbo

Bronze Member
GOLD Site Supporter
I didn't see it until doc said to check again. Too much hurry hurry!! Doc, is that really a hole I see in the bottom of #7?
Mike

Three is the only one that will ever fill. Seven has a hole om the bottom. The rest have no access to water or an outlet below ful
l

Doc

Bottoms Up
Staff member
GOLD Site Supporter
Yep, 7 has a hole in the bottom and nary a drop will get to 5 because the pipe is blocked at the end. 3 will fill first.

jwstewar

3 will fill first. Doesn't matter that the hole is in 7, the water will never get there because the outlet to 3 is lower than the outlet to 2.

Catavenger

SUPER Site Supporter
3 will fill first. Doesn't matter that the hole is in 7, the water will never get there because the outlet to 3 is lower than the outlet to 2.
Yep the part about the outlet being lower is what I noticed I didn't even notice the hole.
Didn't we have another puzzle like this that I don't think anyone (that people agreed with) got right?

Doc

Bottoms Up
Staff member
GOLD Site Supporter
Yes, we had another thread with a few of these types of puzzles. I could not find that thread so I started a new one.
I thought we solved them all though.

Catavenger

SUPER Site Supporter
Yes, we had another thread with a few of these types of puzzles. I could not find that thread so I started a new one.
I thought we solved them all though.

There are/were so holdouts on one of them.

Doc

Bottoms Up
Staff member
GOLD Site Supporter
Hey hey hey ....I know no one asked for it, but here is one more with a little twist. It's filling with BEER. Lets assume we have plenty of bottles to pour until at least one glass fills up.
Which will FILL First?

Attachments

• WhichFillsFirst.jpg
    WhichFillsFirst.jpg
    26.2 KB · Views: 210

Catavenger

SUPER Site Supporter
Hey hey hey ....I know no one asked for it, but here is one more with a little twist. It's filling with BEER. Lets assume we have plenty of bottles to pour until at least one glass fills up.
Which will FILL First?
none because they will be drank before they can fill!

bczoom

Super Moderator
Staff member
GOLD Site Supporter
Spoiler alert.
My answer is in white. View this text within the "I think #3 will fill first."