• Please be sure to read the rules and adhere to them. Some banned members have complained that they are not spammers. But they spammed us. Some even tried to redirect our members to other forums. Duh. Be smart. Read the rules and adhere to them and we will all get along just fine. Cheers. :beer: Link to the rules: https://www.forumsforums.com/threads/forum-rules-info.2974/

4:1 Baluns...Homebrew

JEV

Mr. Congeniality
GOLD Site Supporter
Had a little down time last night so I made a couple of 4:1 current baluns for my dipole antennas in the garage attic. the bottom one was made with 16ga enameled wire from Pat Catans, and was a bitch to wind. I made it with 17 bifilar wraps then checked it on the MFJ-259B analyzer and was not happy with the outcome (blue ink). I added one more wrap and rechecked from 160-10m, and was pleased with the outcome (red ink).

4-1baluns.jpg

squerly

Supported Ben Carson
GOLD Site Supporter
Well, yes... that's great Jev. But just WTF does it all mean? :unsure: Are we gonna be OK or are we in deep sh!t?

muleman

Gone But Not Forgotten
GOLD Site Supporter
My WAG is it will increase his reception and let him reach farther.

JEV

Mr. Congeniality
GOLD Site Supporter
We've been in deep shit since Nov 6th., and won't get out of it until the muzzie is removed from the white house.

The balun is an interface between unbalanced feedline (coax) and the balanced antenna. It helps to remove interference (RFI, TVI & RF) generated by the unbalanced feedline.

FrancSevin

Proudly Deplorable
GOLD Site Supporter
We've been in deep shit since Nov 6th., and won't get out of it until the muzzie is removed from the white house.

The balun is an interface between unbalanced feedline (coax) and the balanced antenna. It helps to remove interference (RFI, TVI & RF) generated by the unbalanced feedline.

Well, that certainly clears that up!:unsure: