• Please be sure to read the rules and adhere to them. Some banned members have complained that they are not spammers. But they spammed us. Some even tried to redirect our members to other forums. Duh. Be smart. Read the rules and adhere to them and we will all get along just fine. Cheers. :beer: Link to the rules: https://www.forumsforums.com/threads/forum-rules-info.2974/

Poll on weight Bob's weight loss with new diet

How much weight will Bob lose on his new diet?

• He will lose 1 to 5 pounds

Votes: 2 7.4%
  • He will lose 5 to 10 pounds

Votes: 4 14.8%
  • He will lose over 10 pounds

Votes: 11 40.7%
  • He will blow off his diet and not lose any weight

Votes: 10 37.0%

• Total voters

Dargo

Like a bad penny...
GOLD Site Supporter
Since Bob said his diet has to change to a bland and almost no meat diet, I'm figuring he is going to drop some weight. Place your bets here...

Melensdad

Jerk in a Hawaiian Shirt & SNOWCAT Moderator
Staff member
GOLD Site Supporter
Bear in mind that I am 5'11" and about 190# to start with, so I'm not overweight, but then again I'm not skinny. I think that if this diet does not kill me from eating food that just plain old sucks, then I will probably end up somewhere in the range of 175# to 180#. But of course, that all depends on how long I have to stay on it, the better I control my diet & meds, the shorter I am on such a rigid diet . . .

Dargo

Like a bad penny...
GOLD Site Supporter
I didn't say you were fat.:poke: I was only implying that you will lose weight from the diet you described. I know I would. :D

Did you place the vote for blowing off the diet and not losing any weight? :beer: :popcorn:

Mith

The Eccentric Englishman
SUPER Site Supporter
Did you place the vote for blowing off the diet and not losing any weight?

Yea.....Ummm.......That was Bob......... :eek: :whistle:
:yum:

Melensdad

Staff member
GOLD Site Supporter
Actually I voted that I would lose 10# or more.

I'm just happy that I can still drink coffee on this diet! :dancing:

If anyone gets between me an my coffee pot they are standing in a very dangerous place. Since I drink my coffee black, I don't have to worry about the fact that cream and sugar are restricted on my diet. Now I'll admit that I can't drink unlimited amounts of coffee, but at least I can still have my morning cup . . . or 2 or 3 or 4 :whistle::rollinglabut I do switch to decaff :puke1:after lunch.

BigAl

Gone But Not Forgotten
SUPER Site Supporter
Holy crap! So Bob is on a diet ??? Big deal . Its his attitude he needs to lose ,not the weight .

I am twice the man he is ..... lets see ...he wieghs 190 ... I weigh 380 .. yep ... thats right . I still am twice the man he is :moon:

Dargo

Like a bad penny...
GOLD Site Supporter
Damn! It looks like the voting is currently neck and neck on Bob losing weight and Bob going off of his prescribed diet. :yum:

Thanks for letting us have a little fun at your expense Bob. :whistle:

Oh, as I understand it, Bob's diet isn't intended for him to lose weight. I'm just assuming the weight loss will be a side effect of a bland diet.

Melensdad

Staff member
GOLD Site Supporter
Dargo said:
Thanks for letting us have a little fun at your expense Bob. :whistle:
Heck, I dress myself every morning and most people make fun of that, no harm in another little bit of humor aimed my way.
Dargo said:
Oh, as I understand it, Bob's diet isn't intended for him to lose weight. I'm just assuming the weight loss will be a side effect of a bland diet.
Yup its a blood chemistry thing. Essentially trying to balance my systems and get my meds back in line. So the total duration of the diet is expected to be roughly 8 weeks (give or take a bit). After the ridgid diet period I then enter a phase when my normal foods are added back in stages to see what it is that is causing grief, or what combination of things. But I will say that I started out a 192 last Sunday and am 188 today. 4 pounds in 6 days. I may end up losing closer to 20 pounds . . . at which point I will have to buy all new Hawaiian shirts that are "trim fit" if they make such a thing :smileywac

Dargo

Like a bad penny...
GOLD Site Supporter
B_Skurka said:
. . . at which point I will have to buy all new Hawaiian shirts that are "trim fit" if they make such a thing :smileywac

Hey! You can settle an arguement for me. My wife and son (who NEVER tucks in his shirt) tell me that the proper way to wear a Hawaiian silk shirt is untucked. Although I consider the shirts as "casual", I think the untucked shirt is too casual for me when I wear them while working. If I'm having a pool party etc., I'll leave them untucked. So, Mr. Hawaiian silk shirt expert, which is it?

Melensdad

Staff member
GOLD Site Supporter
Ok but we are WAAAAY off topic here. . . for work I tuck them in. For around the house, a party, etc, I leave them untucked.

However, if I have them tucked in during the day I do not un-tuck them when I get home simply becuase they often made of silk or linen and show wrinkles when untucked.

P

Pigtails

Dargo said:
Since Bob said his diet has to change to a bland and almost no meat diet, I'm figuring he is going to drop some weight. Place your bets here...

I voted over 10, as I think he'll loose about 25 pounds. Depending on the length of time he has to stay on it. Good Luck Bob:eek:

bczoom

Super Moderator
Staff member
GOLD Site Supporter
Bob,

Sorry to hear about your diet. If salt and meat were removed from my diet, I'd probably starve to death.

I'm thinking you're going to loose more than 10#.

Ice Queen

Bronze Member
SUPER Site Supporter
Good luck Bob on the diet. I am glad to hear you drink your coffee properly, black, no sugar. I also drink my tea the same way, but I suppose you American people don't drink tea! Whisky has to be drunk the same way, no additions, not even an ice cube as it waters it down.

Melensdad

Staff member
GOLD Site Supporter
Anita, I'll say that we are in agreement on 3 drinks.
  • Coffee, black, no sugar.
  • Tea, black, green, oolong or darjeeling, no sugar. (and what the heck is herbal tea?) :puke1:
  • Wiskey, no sugar in that either!!! But I like it with ice.

DaveNay

Klaatu barada nikto
SUPER Site Supporter
B_Skurka said:
  • Tea, black, green, oolong or darjeeling, no sugar. (and what the heck is
Try some Jasmine pearl tea...the leaves are rolled into little balls, or "pearls". I get it from a store in the Mall of America whenever I am up Murph's way in Minneapolis.

Snowcat Operations

SUPER Site Supporter
Dargo said:
I didn't say you were fat.:poke: I was only implying that you will lose weight from the diet you described. I know I would. :D

Did you place the vote for blowing off the diet and not losing any weight? :beer: :popcorn:

Nope, he said you were fat. :D

Dargo

Like a bad penny...
GOLD Site Supporter
Snowcat Operations said:
Nope, he said you were fat. :D

I'd suppose he is right. I had one of those fancy schmancy tests done and I now am up to 14% body fat. :eek: It's been several years since I've had another true body fat test, but then I tested at 9%. That was way back in college then and they used a lot of calculations and weighed you under water during part of the test.

How much of a percentage of the human body do you think your average head weighs? About 14%? :eek: :eek:

Snowcat Operations

SUPER Site Supporter
Well Bob. My weight when I was skinnier fluctuated 5 lbs back and forth weekly. I always hovered around 185 Lbs. I couldnt gain weight to save my life! Now that I am older I cant loose weight period. I too am addicted to my coffee but I have mine with cream and sugar. I will go through two pots a day if I dont watch myself. At night I will make a pot about 8 PM and no its not decaff. Tea is Green tea straight no sugar ever. My Whiskey is straight. Sometimes with ice sometimes without. It all depends on the type of whiskey. Hawaiian shirts should NEVER be tucked in! Its a Hawaiian shirt they screams casual wether its are tucked in or not. AND if anyone ever said anything screw em. Your the BOSS!

Melensdad

Staff member
GOLD Site Supporter
Well fat or not, the official weight at start was 192. Last night I was 187.

The diet started last Sunday. I'm down 5 pounds and am not constantly hungry. I'm eating large enough quantities but the lack of meat (in my opinion) has my calorie count way down. The lack of salt/sodium (again my opinion) has my body flushing the fluids through it. I do know that my blood pressure has dropped dramatically (20 points) even with the fact that I didn't give up caffeine (known to elevate BP). So something is working?

I do crave flavors. But I guess they will taste better when I am allowed to introduce real foods into my diet again. And if the BP and blood chemistry look good then I get "real" foods sooner, rather than later.

Melensdad

Staff member
GOLD Site Supporter
Dargo said:
I didn't say you were fat.:poke: I was only implying that you will lose weight from the diet you described.
Just a bit of an update.

Yesterday I had a major transgression. A diet of mostly berries, bark chips mulch got the best of me and I needed some real food. The local Hooters Restaurant lured me in like a rainbow trout to a pheasant tail wet fly on a 7 weight rod.

Cold Coors, plus an assorted platter of deep friend shrimp, deep friend hot wings and deep friend chicken strips. All slathered in hot sauce with a cup of blue cheese dressing too.

Still this morning when I got on the scale, I lost more weight. I'm now 184 pounds and tighted my belt one notch to keep my pants up. So far I am down 8 pounds from the start. I get updated blood work up next Thursday so I expect that by that time I will be down a full 10 pounds to 182. Those of you who "bet" 10# or more by the time this diet ends probably will end up being the winners! What is my cut of the gambling take? I could use it to buy some beer! :beer:

By the way, for lunch today I have a 'salad' made of raw veggies mixed with whole wheat noodles. There is some sort of 'dressing' on it, but I'm not sure that I can actually identify any oil & vinegar type flavoring to the 'dressing' and there is one thing for sure, there is no salt. I am craving salt!!!

Dargo

Like a bad penny...
GOLD Site Supporter
B_Skurka said:
Those of you who "bet" 10# or more by the time this diet ends probably will end up being the winners! What is my cut of the gambling take? I could use it to buy some beer! :beer:

We'll start a new poll then; how much weight will Bob gain back. :yum: :yum:

Jim_S

Gone But Not Forgotten
GOLD Site Supporter
B_Skurka said:
there is one thing for sure, there is no salt. I am craving salt!!!

You will ALWAYS have the craving for salt. It just won't take near as much to satisfy though and you will be able to tell to the grain how much is in something.

Jim

pixie

SUPER Site Supporter
Step AWAY from the condiments, Bob.

Stand back, folks, this man is walking a tightrope.

:5boobs: :yum:

You get used to no salt after awhile. Then you go back to it :D

Melensdad

Staff member
GOLD Site Supporter
It is very obvious to me now that I am extremely sick. I began to crave McDonalds.

Today after eating my diet lunch I went to McDonald's. I NEVER go to McDonald's. Seriously NEVER go there.

So I pull up to the menu at the drive through and I don't even know what to order. I settle on a GRILLED chicken club. I pull forward and I order a GRILLED chicken club. The kid on the speaker asks, do you want that GRILLED or FRIED? Hmm. Lemme think, what the heck did I just order? OH Yea, a GRILLED chicken club. So I say again, I wanted a GRILLED chicken club. Yes sir, do you want that GRILLED or FRIED? OK folks, what am I missing here?

So I talk s-l-o-w and LOUD, I would like a GRILLED chicken club, GRILLED. OK, a chicken club grilled? Uh, yea that's good.

So that is my after lunch snack. Then today I drive home and pull into White Castle and order 2 Double Burgers, ketchup, mustard, and DOUBLE onions. They got it prefectly. Didn't even make it out of the parking lot with that sack before I dove in.

But hey, I've lost 8 pounds in a couple weeks and I'm not really trying to lose weight. I've not eaten any salt for a couple weeks, no artificial whatevers either.

Melensdad

Staff member
GOLD Site Supporter
Just a little update. I am now officially down 10 pounds and weigh 182.

I actually think I am getting used to food with no salt. Although I still think it helps flavor some foods. The other day I had a small snack that was cheating. It was a small slice of thin crust pizza, the frozen variety. I could barely eat it because it tasted so salty!

But last week when I had my weekly ration of meat, I had a very small piece of Rib Eye steak. I did add salt to that (Hawaiian pink salt) and it tasted better with salt than without. It was sort of interesting that I could not finish the steak. I think my stomach shrunk?