• Please be sure to read the rules and adhere to them. Some banned members have complained that they are not spammers. But they spammed us. Some even tried to redirect our members to other forums. Duh. Be smart. Read the rules and adhere to them and we will all get along just fine. Cheers. :beer: Link to the rules: https://www.forumsforums.com/threads/forum-rules-info.2974/

MAGAZINE ARTICLE: Snow Trac in "Classic Military Vehicles"

Melensdad

Jerk in a Hawaiian Shirt & SNOWCAT Moderator
Staff member
GOLD Site Supporter
This is an article from Classic Military Vehicles Magazine (published in England)

Attachments

• 1CMVcoverSMALL.pdf
    114.2 KB · Views: 300
  • CMVarticle.pdf
    136.5 KB · Views: 414

villi

I have a pic of that Salvage Team Snow Trac .I was in contact with the director of tv show Salvage Squad Matt Bennet and he send the pic.

Attachments

• Salvage Team (600 x 488).jpg
    Salvage Team (600 x 488).jpg
    77.1 KB · Views: 444

Melensdad

Staff member
GOLD Site Supporter
Yup, that is mine! The picture shows it in much better condition than it really was. As one of our ForumForum members who lives in England and watched the Salvage Squad said, "they really mucked it up" when they did the restoration.

In the body shop business there is something referred to as a 3' paint job. It means that from 3' away the paint looks good. My Snow Trac got a 10' paint job. And the mechanical work was dubious. Although the engine has been sound since I got it, the brake system didn't even last through the first run before it failed and came apart. Many of the parts used in assembly are badly worn and I've been sourcing those, having them made, and replacing as possible. Some work is still undone, some has been repaired by me, some more will be done this summer by the restoration shop that works on my Avanti.

XeVfTEUtaAqJHTqq

Master of Distraction
Staff member
SUPER Site Supporter
B_Skurka said:
Yup, that is mine! The picture shows it in much better condition than it really was. As one of our ForumForum members who lives in England and watched the Salvage Squad said, "they really mucked it up" when they did the restoration.

In the body shop business there is something referred to as a 3' paint job. It means that from 3' away the paint looks good. My Snow Trac got a 10' paint job. And the mechanical work was dubious. Although the engine has been sound since I got it, the brake system didn't even last through the first run before it failed and came apart. Many of the parts used in assembly are badly worn and I've been sourcing those, having them made, and replacing as possible. Some work is still undone, some has been repaired by me, some more will be done this summer by the restoration shop that works on my Avanti.

That still doesn't explain why you are posting here on your vacation!

:nono2:Bad Bob! Go play with your wife and kids! :nono1:

bczoom

Super Moderator
Staff member
GOLD Site Supporter
Snowcat Operations said:
Yah BOB! Have some fun. Go for a ride in the Tea cups or something.:yum:
:yum: ROFLMAO!!!!

I shouldn't say anything since I'm doing the same thing in a couple weeks. :pat:

Melensdad

Staff member
GOLD Site Supporter
Tuesday was a work day, a couple business meetings to finish off the vacation! Beside spinning around in the Tea Cups would make me barf.

However I would suggest that anyone visiting Disney World should go on a ride called SOARIN, it is a hang-glider simulation where you fly over California and it is very cool, located in Epcot. Get a Fas-Pass and you won't wait in line, but without i it the line to take the ride is typically about 90 minutes! The Tiki Room has been updated as has Its a Small World, both in the Magic Kingdom. The Jungle Safari Ride in the Animal Kingdom is still awesome.

I didn't know it, but the Disney Contemporary Resort is undergoing a complete renovation. We were lucky enough to get one of the newly renovated rooms and they are very nice, a modern rendition of Retro Style with some very hi-tech touches like plasma TV set and sensors in the bathroom to turn on the fan and the nightlights when you enter the room. For folks who frequent the parks, this may come as no surprise, but the Contemporary hotel offers club/concierge levels that have limited access, extra perks and some nice benefits. Due to business trips, this was probably 15th(?) trip to Disney in the past 8 years. While my family has pretty much memorized the theme parks, I have to admit that I am constantly impressed by the attention to detail and the grand scale of the facilities. I'm not one to enjoy crowds, so I suppose it is fortunate that most of my trips down there are during school times when the parks are far less crowded. Given my choice of destination, I would not choose Disney, but I must admit that I do recommend it as a great place for the family. One other new bonus they offer is that now there is free transportation to/from the airport, and even better is that you can check your luggage and get your airline boarding pass at the hotels so you eliminate all but the security line at the airport!

BTW, we got home late Tuesday, the original plans were to stay the whole week buy my daughter would have missed too much school and my business plans only involved Tuesday. It was raining in Chicago, but we arrived home to SNOW!!!! This morning the school system has a 2-hour snow/ice delay because the rural roads are coated with a nice slick surface. I told my daughter we could go to school in the Snow Trac, but she rolled over in her bed to get some extra sleep, like I said, we got home late last night.

Snowcat Operations

SUPER Site Supporter
Glad you are all home safe. Here in the mountains they hardly ever shut down school. My son said once last year. Which of course was the worst winter we have had since we moved here six years ago. Other than a full blown blizzard the kids keep going to school. Thanks for the advise on Disney land. I am planning a trip there sometime in February or early March.