• Please be sure to read the rules and adhere to them. Some banned members have complained that they are not spammers. But they spammed us. Some even tried to redirect our members to other forums. Duh. Be smart. Read the rules and adhere to them and we will all get along just fine. Cheers. :beer: Link to the rules: https://www.forumsforums.com/threads/forum-rules-info.2974/

Big day on 10 meters

JEV

Mr. Congeniality
GOLD Site Supporter
I Just made my longest QRP contact WITH ZS1TMJ into Clanwilliam, South Africa, just North of Cape Town on my Yaesu FT-817nd QRP rig into my Wilson tri-band antenna. 8,142 mi (13,103 km), which equates to 1,628.4 miles per watt. AWESOME contact. I made this contact yesterday on100w on my FT-450D. Nice to see 10 staying open.

10 meters has been crazy wild today for me. I've made the following additional 5 watt contacts today...

Iceland TF3CY
Italy IK2WZM
Slovenia S57T
England MX0TGB
Netherlands PD7RF
Colorado (5w QRP PORTABLE to 5w QRP fixed station) KF0UR

I swear you can work DX today using a coat hanger, but I've been using my Carolina Windom and the Wilson S-33 tri-band 3-element beam. Loads of fun!!!

Doc

Bottoms Up
Staff member
GOLD Site Supporter
I'm not sure about what all you said but I'm sure impressed with those far away contacts. Congrats Joe.

JEV

Mr. Congeniality
GOLD Site Supporter
So the traveler walks up to the large-breasted sales agent and say; "I'd like a picket to Tittsburgh, please."

Attachments

• picket to Tittsburgh.jpg
    picket to Tittsburgh.jpg
    132.6 KB · Views: 163

road squawker

GOLD Site Supporter
just turned the rig on to 10,..... 28.124.6 and worked the following stations in about 10 minutes at QRPp level, 250mW.:clap:

WSPR is a blast for propagation activities
ND6M
Heard by: DB0ZDF, DC8SE, DD2EE, DF2LV, DK6UG, DL5RBD, G3JKV, G3XBM, LA1IC, LB9YE, OE3WGW, OE6PWD, ON7KO, OZ7IT, PA2WO, PA3FNY

Last edited: