• Please be sure to read the rules and adhere to them. Some banned members have complained that they are not spammers. But they spammed us. Some even tried to redirect our members to other forums. Duh. Be smart. Read the rules and adhere to them and we will all get along just fine. Cheers. :beer: Link to the rules: https://www.forumsforums.com/threads/forum-rules-info.2974/

Get on the Karma Train

Tractors4u

Site Supporter
In keeping with the Good Karma program here on ForumsForums, here is my contribution.

My gift is this Straightline Rolling Tape. I got a deal on a pair and I am giving one of them away.

Here is how I want to do this give away. Since this is kind of a project oriented gift, submit a message to this thread and include in it a picture of project you have built and give us a brief discription of the project.

I have have a random drawing on April 1st from all the entries.

Good Luck.

And by the way, I did get the knife and cap light in the mail over the weekend from Big Dog. I am still seeing spots from looking at it.

Attachments

• Rolling Tape.JPG
    Rolling Tape.JPG
    93.7 KB · Views: 123

rback33

Hangin in Tornado Alley
SUPER Site Supporter
Man.. You got me thinkin about what I would have to build to have a "project" Then I remember I am in the middle of building a fence..:bonk: I will try and get some pics tonight. BTW... is this a one entry contest or what?
At any rate...:applause::applause: for the next bit o Karma...

bczoom

Super Moderator
Staff member
GOLD Site Supporter
OK, here's what I've been tinkering with.
It's not done so no comments about the loose wires at the box and other details...

Doing some work in my buildings. Mainly electric and plumbing but also some framing, insulation...

First pic:

The access pit would fill with water so I put in a sump pump. That's the 1 1/2" line going out the bottom of the wall. Wired in a new GFCI for the power.

I ran a water line to the building about 8 years ago but never put the ends on it. Finally got that done.

The box on the wall is an access panel to run the generator cord outside.

Second pic:
Outdoor view of generator access panel (that needs painted), water spigot and the sump pump drain going into the downspout.

Third pic:
Generator cord. I bought a new 15KW generator last year but never got and installed a power cord. The plug on the wall is a dummy (no power applied) but just a safe place for the plug to be in case someone inadvertently turns on the breaker.

Not pictured (the pic is too big and I don't feel like re-sizing). Made a new shop area. 16x27'. All new electric, full insulation, shelving, garage door opener, doors and lights. I bought a bunch of 4 & 8' T-8 fluorescent lights from Rick (member CJ7). I've recently put in 5 of the 8' and 7 of the 4'. I've run wiring for 8 more but not yet installed as I need to put in the ceiling first.

I also installed one of those sets of attic stairs (that flip down) so I can get in the attic storage area without having to pull out a ladder. BTW, they're a real bitch to install by yourself, especially with 10' ceilings.

Also not pictured is a whole bunch of other wiring I've been doing. Ran a bunch of lights and receptacles to places in the building(s) that never had it. Today's project is to run cable and CAT-5 to the building so I can catch some sports when working and put a computer out in the shop.

Attachments

• CIMG5035.JPG
    CIMG5035.JPG
    296.1 KB · Views: 107
  • CIMG5033.JPG
    CIMG5033.JPG
    227.6 KB · Views: 103
  • CIMG5034.JPG
    CIMG5034.JPG
    256.6 KB · Views: 99

Doc

Bottoms Up
Staff member
GOLD Site Supporter
Nice Carport RR. From scratch. Where'd you find the scratch. :D
What is the roof made of?

Thanks tractor4u for keeping the karma train rolling!!! Good item!!!!!

RedRocker

Nice Carport RR. From scratch. Where'd you find the scratch. :D
What is the roof made of?

Thanks tractor4u for keeping the karma train rolling!!! Good item!!!!!

The roof is just plain old tin roofing, the scratch was profit sharing. :thumb:

Tractors4u

Site Supporter
OK, here's what I've been tinkering with.
It's not done so no comments about the loose wires at the box and other details...

Doing some work in my buildings. Mainly electric and plumbing but also some framing, insulation...

I won't say anything about the wiring in your shop, at least you have wiring in yours, I haven't started my wiring yet.

Deadly Sushi

The One, The Only, Sushi
SUPER Site Supporter
Sushi, I can't believe you gave us a link to a picture of frozen picture and you claim it as a project. Sushi, man up and get a hammer and some nails. You have been watching too much Rachael Ray!

:yum:

No frozen picture here Mister.:poke:

I live in an apartment. What do you expect me to build? i cant even paint the damn walls!

Tractors4u

Site Supporter
OK guys, what is this, 2 projects plus Sushi's pizza? Come on. I will be doing the drawing some time late tomorrow.

rback33

Hangin in Tornado Alley
SUPER Site Supporter
sure glad someone brought this back up. I got a LOT done on the fence over the weekend. Camera is in the house at home.. pics coming tonight...

rback33

Hangin in Tornado Alley
SUPER Site Supporter
OK, OK Here are the pics... I hope they came out OK. I took them after digging six more post hole with an electric Auger and was BEAT. This is what is up so far. Corners are made from old telephone poles. It's five strands of barbless wire with one strand of electric to keep the knuckleheads off of it.:thumb:

Attachments

• IM002106.jpg
    IM002106.jpg
    76.5 KB · Views: 39
  • IM002105.jpg
    IM002105.jpg
    73.4 KB · Views: 39

rback33

Hangin in Tornado Alley
SUPER Site Supporter
I was afraid they did not load... I pulled the wrong USB cable out and disconnected the 'net as they were loadin.... had to reboot altogether

Tractors4u

Site Supporter
We have a winner! I wanted the drawing to be fair and impartial. I planned on having on of my daughters draw the winner, but they have already went to bed. The only other that could decide for me was Buddy the wonder cat. He was at the back door watching the racoon, but offered his assistance. And the winner is Deadly Sushi with his frozen pizza entry.

Attachments

• Entries.jpg
    Entries.jpg
    31.1 KB · Views: 41
  • Buddy Choosing.jpg
    Buddy Choosing.jpg
    42.7 KB · Views: 37
  • The winner.jpg
    The winner.jpg
    38.3 KB · Views: 39

Deadly Sushi

The One, The Only, Sushi
SUPER Site Supporter
And the winner is Deadly Sushi with his frozen pizza entry.

:4_11_9: :4_11_9: :4_11_9: :4_11_9: :4_11_9:
Not only am I freakin' SHOCKED I won....... that cat looks EXACTLY like my cat Clint!!!!!! And I mean EXACTLY!

Doc

Bottoms Up
Staff member
GOLD Site Supporter
:yum: Good way to make the selection Brent. :thumb: Good job!!!!

Deadly Sushi

The One, The Only, Sushi
SUPER Site Supporter
Alas I have relinquished my win. THere are far more folks that would use it just not more often, but probably on a daily basis. I wouldnt utilize it enough, living in an apartment and getting things around here repaired for me and the grounds kept up via mgt.
Tractors, can you get your cat to choose again for a more deserving applicant?