• Please be sure to read the rules and adhere to them. Some banned members have complained that they are not spammers. But they spammed us. Some even tried to redirect our members to other forums. Duh. Be smart. Read the rules and adhere to them and we will all get along just fine. Cheers. :beer: Link to the rules: https://www.forumsforums.com/threads/forum-rules-info.2974/

What are you doing today?

Status
Not open for further replies.

pirate_girl

legendary ⚓
GOLD Site Supporter
I think it's great that you got the issues resolved, rather that hold grudges.

I don't tend to be that way, a grudge holder.

So I slept heavy, woke up with my throat on fire and a temp.
I've got some junk that's going around.
Great.
Today I was going to meet the mother of my grandies for lunch to discuss ideas for their Christmas gifts.
We're going to do that another day next week.

NorthernRedneck

GOLD Site Supporter
Morning all! I'm heading out to tackle the starter in the lawn tractor. It's a balmy-9 with a few snowflakes in the air. Once I get the starter off I'm off to town to source a new one.

One of the kids missed the bus this morning so she who must be obeyed drove him in and will be in the city all day. She's been off work since March on parental leave due to the adoption but goes back next week. Then it'll be very quiet.

Sent from my SM-G965U1 using Tapatalk

Lenny

SUPER Site Supporter
I'm at the gym now. Errands and a monthly county GOP meeting this evening.

m1west

GOLD Site Supporter
After returning from the field this morning I finished greasing the Tucker rollers, turn tables, drive lines and steering components then topped off the fluids in the differentials, transmission and transfer case, changed the oil with some high zink Valvoline racing oil. kind of an expensive oil change but with flat tappets its mandatory. After I change the oil in the hauler tomorrow with the same oil all thats left is clean everything up and when I get time take it to the mountain. Marty

NorthernRedneck

GOLD Site Supporter
Got the torched starter removed. Sourced a new one. Installed it.

I took a rock in the windshield the other day. So rather than change the windshield I figured I'd try a windshield repair kit as they only cost $15. So I put the truck in the garage and tackled the windshield this afternoon. It's still noticeable but way better. Hopefully it prevents cracking. We'll see.

m1west

GOLD Site Supporter
After returning from the field this morning I finished greasing the Tucker rollers, turn tables, drive lines and steering components then topped off the fluids in the differentials, transmission and transfer case, changed the oil with some high zink Valvoline racing oil. kind of an expensive oil change but with flat tappets its mandatory. After I change the oil in the hauler tomorrow with the same oil all thats left is clean everything up and when I get time take it to the mountain. Marty

I finished the servicing of both the Tucker and the hauler ( very happy its done ) one more thing completed. Next year it should go much faster on the Tucker service as I repaired a lot of small things changing rollers, setting track tension etc. I likely will just have to check next year, also now that everything has been completely greased it should take grease easier, a lot of the rollers had a very hard time getting the grease to go through the very small hole in the stud I am assuming because of the amount of grease I consumed have not been greased for a very long time and hard crud had formed in the channel. After I figured out that if it was plugged to just get a little grease into it then come back later after letting it sit then it would take the grease much easier. Now just have to put together a tool kit for it with some spare track parts and we are good to go until next year. The whole exercise getting the Tucker was so my wife can drive it. That will be another adventure ( an Asian driver in a snow cat ) . The next project beside the work cabin ( on going for at least another year or two ) Is what I was going to do before the old Dodge motor gave it up is assembling a mini snow cat I have had for a while. I took it apart a year ago because the drive sprockets were shot so I decided to go through it. its a Raidtrack 718, neat little machine 5 feet wide and about 10 feet long, has a 18hp Briggs with turning clutches and brakes. Its bigger than a Trackster and smaller than a little smaller than a Sno-Track seats 5 with a 1000# payload. I will post some pictures as I go. Marty

pirate_girl

legendary ⚓
GOLD Site Supporter
I've been taking it easy today.
Had take out Vietnamese pho for dinner.
Added too much hot chili sauce.
Now my sinuses ARE clear.

Lenny

SUPER Site Supporter
I went to the eye doctor to talk about a cataract surgery. I'll probably have that done pretty soon. For an extra $2000 per eye, they can install a lens in each eye so I won't need reading glasses, so I'm going with that.

I was invited to a small gathering in Des Moines tomorrow morning for a visit with Senators Joni Ernst and Lindsey Graham, so I'll probably go to that and maybe a gun show on the way back in Audubon, Iowa or go to the gun show on Sunday.

NorthernRedneck

GOLD Site Supporter
Morning everyone. It's a beautiful wintry day out in the sticks. This is the first snow that's stayed on the ground. I love winter. The air seems so much cleaner and fresh.

I still have to put a few things away but we're pretty much ready for this winter thing to happen.

It's supposed to stay colder for a few days then warm up to above freezing during the day for a week.
111ada7edaab267ae75f46f93e486c53.jpg

pirate_girl

legendary ⚓
GOLD Site Supporter
Working all weekend armed with otc meds for this tickly, lingering cough.
A deer jumped through the window of a local business yesterday.
Yikes.
Not sure if it ran off before destroying the store.
received_690773381461225.jpeg

Ross 650

Site Supporter
Howdy,
dang Lollie, looks like a Texas deer made it up to Ohio!!!!!! We have those critters that do that kind of thing all the time down here. Some times it is wild hogs too!!!! I was in Dollar General one morning and we heard a bump on the door and it was a hog trying to get in!! Get to feeling better and have a goodun!!!!!!

m1west

GOLD Site Supporter
Hi all, today I pulled the Tucker sno-cat out of the shop and did something on the old Dodge that I have been planning to do since I got it. The transfer case is mounted on a overhead crossmember and it had a funky lower support someone made from a piece of 3/4" all thread and nuts, it bolted through the transmission crossmember bent into an " S " roughly the shape of the 1-1/2"X1-1/2" tube on my new support. When you ran it hard you could see excessive movement in the shifter handle as everything flexed around especially after the new engine so I made a new one from 2"X3" tube bolted to the frame and the transfer case then the 1-1/2"X1-1/2" tube to the transmission mount. It doesn't move now. Also while I was under there checking things out I found the U bolts on the rear end to leaf springs were loose I got about a 1/4" on all of the nuts. I checked all of that last year when I got it, I will have to keep an eye on it. Marty

Attachments

• IMG_0258.jpg
    IMG_0258.jpg
    88.1 KB · Views: 117
  • IMG_0259.jpg
    IMG_0259.jpg
    73.7 KB · Views: 109

Lenny

SUPER Site Supporter
This morning is Des Moines, Iowa. Senators Jonie Ernst, Lindsey Graham and me.

Me on the Trump Tractor.png

Me & Senator Joni Ernst.png

Me & Senator Lindsey Graham.png

NorthernRedneck

GOLD Site Supporter
It's remembrance day tomorrow. So our church is having a big service today celebrating all the veterans who fought in the wars. My wife is taking 3 of the kids to it. Meanwhile I am going to the legion not far from our house as the scouts volunteer there once a month clearing tables for a big breakfast they host. Today, we are standing as a color guard party for the remembrance day service they hold during the breakfast.
e72aa392dd9e8ee16aa1533b12800eee.jpg

m1west

GOLD Site Supporter
Damn I've been trying to find one of those things local/semi-local to me. Those things are some of the coolest little all terrain vehicles ever made :hammer:

There is one that has been totally restored on Ebay right now for 4K search coot atv looks nice. Marty

pirate_girl

legendary ⚓
GOLD Site Supporter
Wow Lenny!
You're certainly a man of action.
Did you get to speak with Lindsey Graham at all, or did you just get a photo with him?

Yesterday was a nice, but very busy day at work.
Expect it's going to be much the same today.
We're getting residents coming in from another facility who are closing it's doors due to lack of beds being filled.
It's the location as they are far out in the middle of nowhere.
We'll take 'em!
I'm already in love with Douglas and Gemma.
:smile:

m1west

GOLD Site Supporter
Hi all , today the wife and I went to my daughters home for my granddaughters 1st birthday party, it was a great day 74 degrees without a cloud in the sky. My sister aunt Jane even drove up from socal to join the celebration. Everyone ate, drank and were happy. Little Charolette got the first piece of cake and really enjoyed it. She also had a good time with her presents. Was a very good day in Marty world.

Attachments

• IMG_0266.jpg
    IMG_0266.jpg
    127.1 KB · Views: 74
  • IMG_0273-3.jpg
    IMG_0273-3.jpg
    139.1 KB · Views: 83

Lenny

SUPER Site Supporter
Wow Lenny!
You're certainly a man of action.
Did you get to speak with Lindsey Graham at all, or did you just get a photo with him?

I don't know Graham well, so I didn't have anything to discuss with him.

I did follow up with a video conference I set up and did with Senator Ernst a couple of months ago about women Veterans. I had two women Veterans with me at the time and we talked about federal, state, county and local agencies that help Veterans file for disability pensions. Those agencies are not compassionate enough to understand women who have been raped in the Military. Those women need to be treated with the respect they deserve because of their level of PTSD. One of the two women Veterans that came with me had been raped in the Military, so she has a clear understanding and was able to give great input.

The other woman and I have worked with woman who had been raped. It took us 3 months to get her to come to a DAV meeting. She finally did and the two women sat together for an hour or more by themselves. My friend is very compassionate and displayed that she really cared. Now that built up the trust needed to file for the disability she deserves. We were able to share this PROOF with Senator Ernst during the video conference that it works.

I followed up on that conversation with Senator Ernst and suggested that she make a short video to be given to federal, state, county and local agencies this information to them. I'm sure most, if not all of the female Veterans would feel more comfortable talking with an understanding female employee, rather than a male. She agreed, so I hope she follows through very soon.

It is my understanding that Senator Ernst was raped in the Military, so she is a good one to take this forward.

pirate_girl

legendary ⚓
GOLD Site Supporter
You're a good man, Lenny.

I've got today off.
It's blustery and cold outside.
We're under a winter weather advisory for 4 inches of snow.
Blechhh.. lol

Lenny

SUPER Site Supporter
You're a good man, Lenny.

I've got today off.
It's blustery and cold outside.
We're under a winter weather advisory for 4 inches of snow.
Blechhh.. lol

I'll keep y'all posted. Pray that Joni follows through with it.

About 2 inches here. Is it Spring yet?!?! LOL

NorthernRedneck

GOLD Site Supporter
I had no plans for today. So I headed to the garage to start splitting firewood. Then I figured since I was in the garage I may as well light a fire. Since the woodstove was on and I had materials and time, I got to work building a wall to close off the stairs to the loft as all the heat escapes up there and no sense heating it if I'm not up there.
a66ed6402fe53f4d7e639489af282645.jpg
5c63f15c9357ea337fb02c03ba335756.jpg
1a8f085044e45dd86b2c4a445e3a1876.jpg

FrancSevin

Proudly Deplorable
GOLD Site Supporter
I went to the eye doctor to talk about a cataract surgery. I'll probably have that done pretty soon. For an extra $2000 per eye, they can install a lens in each eye so I won't need reading glasses, so I'm going with that.

I was invited to a small gathering in Des Moines tomorrow morning for a visit with Senators Joni Ernst and Lindsey Graham, so I'll probably go to that and maybe a gun show on the way back in Audubon, Iowa or go to the gun show on Sunday.

With my cataracts I was no so lucky 90 days from the first symptoms, I could not safely drive a car.

Both eyes done within 15 days of each other.

I had the implants done. After 65 years of glasses,,,,;Awesome. :thumbup::thumbup::clap: Yes, get it done.

pirate_girl

legendary ⚓
GOLD Site Supporter
I'll keep y'all posted. Pray that Joni follows through with it.

About 2 inches here. Is it Spring yet?!?! LOL

We got enough snow for this person to slide then ram our mailboxes off the posts.
Wow.
I hope someone from the city comes out tonight to fix them.
I thought I heard a fender bender.
Lol

Screenshot_20191111-170813_Gallery-540x960.jpg

20191111_165541-768x768.jpg

Melensdad

Jerk in a Hawaiian Shirt & SNOWCAT Moderator
Staff member
GOLD Site Supporter
We got snow too.

At least you have evidence of the mailboxes being knocked over.

Roads were slick this morning. I saw 3 cars slide into each other for no apparent reason, but clearly there was ice under the snow and slush.

FrancSevin

Proudly Deplorable
GOLD Site Supporter
We got snow today also. Stuck mostly to the cars and trucks. Had to force open several employee doors. On the ground about two inches. The streets were too warm but, the cold wind made black ice.

Today was a good day to be in the body shop biz.

pirate_girl

legendary ⚓
GOLD Site Supporter
The cop left as did the person in the service van.
I certainly hope they don't just leave our mailboxes laying over like that all night.

I busied myself in the kitchen.
Surf n turf.. that's reverse sear New York strip with shrimp in butter garlic sauce.
Broccoli cheddar tots on the side.
Yummmeeee

20191111_180401-768x768.jpg

20191111_180737-768x768.jpg

Melensdad

Jerk in a Hawaiian Shirt & SNOWCAT Moderator
Staff member
GOLD Site Supporter
Someone will probably have to call the city and complain to get that fixed. Do not presume that anyone will come to fix it without complaints going to the city ASAP

Post Office may suspend service until it is back in place too!

FWIW, no photos, but dinner was acorn squash stuffed with sweet italian sausage in a marinara sauce.

Lenny

SUPER Site Supporter
With my cataracts I was no so lucky 90 days from the first symptoms, I could not safely drive a car.

Both eyes done within 15 days of each other.

I had the implants done. After 65 years of glasses,,,,;Awesinputome. :thumbup::thumbup::clap: Yes, get it done.

Thanks for the input!!

Lenny

SUPER Site Supporter
Got a free breakfast at Hy-vee, which is a chain of grocery stores with restaurants in them. Then into Council Bluffs for a free lunch at Texas Roadhouse. They seated my buddy and me with some other Veterans, so it was fun chatting with everybody.

Status
Not open for further replies.