• Please be sure to read the rules and adhere to them. Some banned members have complained that they are not spammers. But they spammed us. Some even tried to redirect our members to other forums. Duh. Be smart. Read the rules and adhere to them and we will all get along just fine. Cheers. :beer: Link to the rules: https://www.forumsforums.com/threads/forum-rules-info.2974/

A Snow Cat Tour

Bobcat

Je Suis Charlie Hebdo
GOLD Site Supporter
1. Snow Tracs - Made in Sweden out of WWII scrap metal. Distributed in Cracker Jack boxes and bubblegum machines.
2. Kristis - The ultimate scientifically-engineered, technically-advanced, snow-conquering machine on this planet...and damned sexy, too!
3. Thiokol/LMCs - Capable machines made from mostly off-the-shelf parts (no hi-tech there). Can be found rusting away in fields around the world.
4. Tucker - The last American snowcat. Famous and recognizeable for their 4 triangular tracks and pontoons. They don't turn very sharply. New ones are WAY too expensive for us common folk. Kristis break trail for them.
5. Bombardier - CanUK version of a pickup truck. When they do actually start, the sound of the motor seems to have a French accent. About as reliable as a Lametrac, and we all know what that means. :rolleyes: :poke: <-- groomergitNWO

pirate_girl

legendary ⚓
GOLD Site Supporter
1. Snow Tracs - Made in Sweden out of WWII scrap metal. Distributed in Cracker Jack boxes
2. Kristis - The ultimate scientifically-engineered, technically-advanced, snow-conquering machine on this planet...and damned sexy, too!
3. Thiokol/LMCs - Capable machines made from mostly off-the-shelf parts (no hi-tech there).
4. Tucker - The last American snowcat. Famous and recognizeable for their 4 triangular tracks and pontoons. They don't turn very sharply. New ones are WAY too expensive for us common folk. Kristis break trail for them.
5. Bombardier - CanUK version of a pickup truck. When they do actually start, the sound of the motor seems to have a French accent. About as reliable as a Lametrac, and we all know what that means. :rolleyes: :poke: groomergitNWO
Indeedy!!!
LOL!!
Thanks mistahh.. now I know the difference.
:wink:

Bulldog1401

Anybody seen my marbles?
SUPER Site Supporter
Indeedy!!!
LOL!!
Thanks mistahh.. now I know the difference.
:wink:

No you don't!!

Don't believe a word that bobcat says. On a date or ortherwise. He is prejudice toward the Kristi.
He has one of the few Kristis that arent currently being used as a drag to groom trails with...:poke:

Bulldog1401

Anybody seen my marbles?
SUPER Site Supporter
I know, but do you know how long it has been since I took a shot at the old Bobcat?

pirate_girl

legendary ⚓
GOLD Site Supporter
No you don't!!

Don't believe a word that bobcat says. On a date or ortherwise. He is prejudice toward the Kristi.
He has one of the few Kristis that arent currently being used as a drag to groom trails with...:poke:
In my dreams darlin'..:mrgreen:
I know, I've watched the video many times..

mtntopper

Back On Track
SUPER Site Supporter
Hey, I said your Thiokol was 'capable', what more do you want? :rolleyes: :respect:

Bob still will not show his face/real identity in front of a real snow cat such as an LMC. Of this fact, I have proof in the pic taken last week when he was at our home with our snow cat group gathering. He is much too embarrassed to be recognized as an owner of an inferior model snow cat such as a Krusti so he always hides his identity. Then again, he maybe a real super hero that does not want to be recognized. I think that is PG's impression anyway..........:rolf2:

Bulldog1401

Anybody seen my marbles?
SUPER Site Supporter
Bob still will not show his face/real identity in front of a real snow cat such as an LMC. Of this fact, I have proof in the pic taken last week when he was at our home with our snow cat group gathering. He is much too embarrassed to be recognized as an owner of an inferior model snow cat such as a Krusti so he always hides his identity. Then again, he maybe a real super hero that does not want to be recognized. I think that is PG's impression anyway..........:rolf2:

Well, when he finally admits that thiokols are superior to Kristis we could call him captain obvious.......

Bobcat

Je Suis Charlie Hebdo
GOLD Site Supporter
Shoshoni, WY. I thought we had some snowcat people in this area that should have found this before me, but I guess we don't. :poke:

Attachments

• P8090096.jpg
    P8090096.jpg
    65.4 KB · Views: 731
  • P8090095.JPG
    P8090095.JPG
    113.5 KB · Views: 734

MNoutdoors RIP

Gone But Not Forgotten
GOLD Site Supporter
This old machine followed Me home from Canada. I have been driving by this cat for a number of years in Canada and finally decided to bring it to the USA
it is a older Nodwell made in 1962 for the Canadian Military the main reason for bringing it back was it has a good OC-15 and Napco planetaries

Attachments

• IMG_2426.jpg
    IMG_2426.jpg
    199.1 KB · Views: 661
  • IMG_2425.jpg
    IMG_2425.jpg
    175 KB · Views: 651
  • IMG_2423.jpg
    IMG_2423.jpg
    183.3 KB · Views: 648

scooterd

What size are those tires? They look big in the pictures. It does't look like it's in too bad of shape. I've never seen anything with that configuration before, but I guess there is alot that I have'nt seen.:smile:

MNoutdoors RIP

Gone But Not Forgotten
GOLD Site Supporter
What size are those tires? They look big in the pictures. It does't look like it's in too bad of shape. I've never seen anything with that configuration before, but I guess there is alot that I have'nt seen.:smile:
pictures really don't show it all, it could be restored we have done some that even have looked worse. the tire size is 7.50X20.00

we have put solid rubber tires on this size before custom made by Solid deal they are solid rubber and are pressed on to the rim with a hydraulic tire press
these are just air. the tires in the post on Heavy cat project on the white one are the solid rubber ones

mtntopper

Back On Track
SUPER Site Supporter
Some friends of ours own two major mountain resorts that are great snowmobile destination resorts in the Big Horn Mountains and contract for snowmobile trail grooming with the state. We visited our friends at the a lodge yesterday. I took some pics of their trail grooming cats and equipment before Bobcat and Snowops discovered them and give me crap for not posting more local cat pics.

Pisten Bully 200
P8150006.JPG

P8150007.JPG

P8150008.JPG

mtntopper

Back On Track
SUPER Site Supporter
They are responsible for grooming 193 miles of mountain trails in the northern Big Horn Mountains of Wyoming. The three snow cats work most nights from dark to early morning grooming trails from about December 1st thru April 15th yearly to keep the trail system smooth and nice for many out of state riders from all over the US that flock to the Big Horns for mountain riding conditions.

This is their newest snow cat for trail grooming a Pisten Bully Edge. It purchased new last year to qualify for the state contract. The tracks are full rubber like a Tucker Terra and are beside the cat along with the blade.
P8150013.JPG

P8150018.JPG

P8150020.JPG

pixie

SUPER Site Supporter
I found where all the Tuckers go to enjoy their summer rest :biggrin:

Attachments

• PIXtuckerfrrowW.jpg
    PIXtuckerfrrowW.jpg
    73.8 KB · Views: 546
  • PIXTucker2rowsW.jpg
    PIXTucker2rowsW.jpg
    91.8 KB · Views: 538

pixie

SUPER Site Supporter
You're right, Koz !!

The funny thing was that I'd driven by there several times in the last couple of years and not realized it.
They had what looked like a couple of major projects going in the shop.
I enjoyed meeting them both ... very pleasant to deal with :thumb:

Bobcat

Je Suis Charlie Hebdo
GOLD Site Supporter
Spotted in MT by one of my coworkers. Supposedly it has a 357 Ford engine and sold for $500 last spring. Was there such a thing as a 357 Ford? :confused: Maybe he meant 351?

Attachments

• Cat for Bob 001.jpg
    Cat for Bob 001.jpg
    38.5 KB · Views: 492
  • Cat for Bob 002.jpg
    Cat for Bob 002.jpg
    85.6 KB · Views: 496
  • Cat for Bob 003.jpg
    Cat for Bob 003.jpg
    101.3 KB · Views: 493
  • Cat for Bob 004.jpg
    Cat for Bob 004.jpg