• Please be sure to read the rules and adhere to them. Some banned members have complained that they are not spammers. But they spammed us. Some even tried to redirect our members to other forums. Duh. Be smart. Read the rules and adhere to them and we will all get along just fine. Cheers. :beer: Link to the rules: https://www.forumsforums.com/threads/forum-rules-info.2974/

wanted, Tucker Model - 643

Pontoon Princess

Cattitute
GOLD Site Supporter
okay folks, I am looking for a little help ( okay, a lot ) in finding a 1949 - 1952 Tucker Freighter, either a 2 pontoon or 4 pontoon machine, they used a straight 8 Chrysler engine, any help would be more than appreciated, finders fee happily paid. pm me, if think you might know of something, thank you in advance Pontoon Princess

Jim_S

Gone But Not Forgotten
GOLD Site Supporter
okay folks, I am looking for a little help ( okay, a lot ) in finding a 1949 - 1952 Tucker Freighter, either a 2 pontoon or 4 pontoon machine, they used a straight 8 Chrysler engine, any help would be more than appreciated, finders fee happily paid. pm me, if think you might know of something, thank you in advance Pontoon Princess

Good luck in your search!

MNoutdoors RIP

Gone But Not Forgotten
GOLD Site Supporter

Ok, lets make a deal then. If my math serves me correctly your looking for

2-743 freighters = 1443-2 443 machines (843)=643 sooooooo what's my finders
Reward then? I would much prefer a reward than a fee. :yum:seriously how do they connect the crank on two four cylinders to make it a eight? :hide:

Sounds rather rare :wink:me thinks it worth 6 figures :mellow::mellow:now one could argue you can arrive at 6 figures many ways depends on if you buying or selling :whistling:2 plus 5 doesn't always equal six :yum:unless one got away

Last edited:

MNoutdoors RIP

Gone But Not Forgotten
GOLD Site Supporter
This would most likely improve the performance of the 643 but I think this engine is perhaps worth more than the machine. But as a car person you might enjoy :wink:

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    100.5 KB · Views: 233

Pontoon Princess

Cattitute
GOLD Site Supporter
a Bugatti engine in a Tucker would be interesting,and yes the engine would be worth far more than any Tucker. a Type 35 Bugatti is a very desirable car

Tucker 643 and 623, both used the Chrysler Imperial straight 8, guess you are right, a reward would be more in line with the task at hand.

FYI, there are far more 643 and 623 built than Torpedoes, so, not as rare as a torpedo...

so, do you have one?

Last edited:

MNoutdoors RIP

Gone But Not Forgotten
GOLD Site Supporter
a Bugatti engine in a Tucker would be interesting,and yes the engine would be worth far more than any Tucker. a Type 35 Bugatti is a very desirable car

Tucker 643 and 623, both used the Chrysler Imperial straight 8, guess you are right, a reward would be more in line with the task at hand.

FYI, there are far more 643 and 623 built than Torpedoes, so, not as rare as a torpedo...

so, do you have one?

I'll check, next time I'm there :whistling:

443,yep
643,? I think I forgot what they look like :glare:
743,yep

Various others,yep

MNoutdoors RIP

Gone But Not Forgotten
GOLD Site Supporter

so, do you have one?

I guess what it boils down to. if I sold one,I'd have to sell them all. Or its no longer a collection. Right? So for now my
answer is no

But!, I do know of another one and I think you also. But as we both know it's not available at this time.

And as soon and if I hear of one I will put you alert, I promise

Last edited:

Pontoon Princess

Cattitute
GOLD Site Supporter
thank you, and yes, when they are part of a true collection, you do need to be careful when considering selling off one or two and how it affects the collections makeup.
telling the story and history is important, it is not a competition but rather working towards finding the best caretaker of these pieces of history, yes, i do know of the other one, and true, it is not available at this time.
i am at the point with tucker sno-cat collection, i am looking for one maybe two to complete, what i think is an important comprehensive collection and related material.
thank you again.