• Please be sure to read the rules and adhere to them. Some banned members have complained that they are not spammers. But they spammed us. Some even tried to redirect our members to other forums. Duh. Be smart. Read the rules and adhere to them and we will all get along just fine. Cheers. :beer: Link to the rules: https://www.forumsforums.com/threads/forum-rules-info.2974/

Historical aerial photos

Cowboy

Wait for it.
GOLD Site Supporter
I found this link at TBN & thought it might be interesting to some here . I posted it over at NTT & thought I,d copy & paste it here as well . :smile:

I wasn,t sure where to post this as it has nothing to do with tractors . But If you are interested in the history of where you live or other areas you might find it interesting . I found it over at TBN . http://www.historicaerials.com/default.aspx

Its Kind of like Google earth , But if you happen to be in the right area You might be able to see Aerial photos dating back several years . Type in the address & location , & it should give you the years of recorded aerial photos . Our property has 1938, 1950 & 2000 to 2008 .

Being Our property is the original homestead for most the land around Us I found it interesting , We were one of the few propertys with a homestead in several square miles . I also was amazed at the number of outbuildings that were on our property in 1950 . Hope it works for others . :biggrin: . Bob

waybomb

GOLD Site Supporter
I wish I could find the link again, but there a google earth pics out there of a and n bomb underground testing sites. Kinda cool, mounds of earth all over the place from underground detonations. And that same link had pics of an "airfield that doesn't exist" closeby.

waybomb

GOLD Site Supporter
Nuke craters.
N 37 deg 07 min 36.48 sec
W 116 deg 03 min 37.44 sec

If you move around that location, you find this:

Non-existent airport in a desert somewhere in SW USA.
N37 deg 14 min 5.68 sec
W115 deg 48 min 30.24 sec

And here's something else..
37 25 50N 116 51 05E

muleman

Gone But Not Forgotten
GOLD Site Supporter
The areas with the older pics must be declassified military shots of installations. The only thing for my area is 2006 when I was just building my place. I have found older ones on other sites from before I built the road and powerline. The technology to display this in real time is moving forward at a record pace. I remember as a kid they flew over my gandpa's place and took photos and later a salesman came around and sold you the pictures. I have a watercolor of it hanging in my guest bedroom.

rc2james

Site Supporter
That is a pretty cool link. I could go back in time to visit the old factory that I was working at. I have a much better job now but after working there for 30 years, it is good to go back and reminisce. Thank you.