• Please be sure to read the rules and adhere to them. Some banned members have complained that they are not spammers. But they spammed us. Some even tried to redirect our members to other forums. Duh. Be smart. Read the rules and adhere to them and we will all get along just fine. Cheers. :beer: Link to the rules: https://www.forumsforums.com/threads/forum-rules-info.2974/

Catholicism and Satanism. Is there a Link?

Cityboy

Banned
I was raised a Baptist, was "born again", baptized and all that goes along with it. We were taught, and I'm paraphrasing here, that for all intents and purposes, the Catholic church was a tool of Satan. I am not saying this to be a smart ass, nor am I saying this to antagonize Skurka. There is verse after verse in the bible that points out, at least in the eyes of many Protestant Theologians, that Catholicism is a bastardized form of Christianity.

Below is an interesting link I found on the subject. Of course, it came from the internet, and anyone can claim anything online as we all know. Check it out:

http://www.jesus-is-savior.com/False...hail_satan.htm

Numerous bible verses are quoted, supporting this suggestion. For many years, I actually believed this. I have since come to question all religion, including my own, and have come to the initial conclusion that all religion might just contain large potential amounts of bovine scat.

mak2

I can tell you I was raised by the Baptist taliban and we were taught the Catholics were idol worshippers and the Pope might be the antichrist.

DaveNay

Klaatu barada nikto
SUPER Site Supporter
I was raised Lutheran. Almost the same as Catholic, just with pastors who want to be allowed to get laid.

Cityboy

Banned
I can tell you I was raised by the Baptist taliban and we were taught the Catholics were idol worshippers and the Pope might be the antichrist.

Yup. But if you think about it, the pope would be the perfect antichrist according to the bible.

nobull1

I have since come to question all religion, including my own, and have come to the initial conclusion that all religion might just contain large potential amounts of bovine scat.

My cows/bulls might take offence to that comment:shitHitFan: .

Deadly Sushi

The One, The Only, Sushi
SUPER Site Supporter
I was taught the same thing. Personally the catholocism never made sense to me.
And I have heard that there are satanic believers within the Vatican that have power.
It would make a good novel.

dzalphakilo

Banned
Didn't you guys watch "Godfather III"?

CB, for what it's worth, when my wife and I went looking for a church down here, honestly got fed up with the Baptists telling us that we were going to hell for doing anything outside of their belief "system" when we visited some Baptist churches. Not saying they're all like that, just what I've observed. Seems like everyone is going to hell but them (the Baptists).

Then again, they just legalized the sale of alcohol for the first time ever in the county I now reside in. You should of seen that battle. EVERYONE is going to hell now!

Cityboy

Banned
Didn't you guys watch "Godfather III"?

CB, for what it's worth, when my wife and I went looking for a church down here, honestly got fed up with the Baptists telling us that we were going to hell for doing anything outside of their belief "system" when we visited some Baptist churches. Not saying they're all like that, just what I've observed. Seems like everyone is going to hell but them (the Baptists).

Been there. Done that. Got tired of the guilt trip long ago. And you are right, they are not all like that.

Sir Knight

Everyone agrees that the True Church was the Church founded by Jesus and the Apostles. It received the Holy Spirit at Pentecost. The Apostles founded Christian Communities throughout the Roman world, and particularly in Rome, where both Peter and Paul settled and were martyred.

According to Catholics and the Orthodox Churches, this Church grew and developed, through the Roman martyrs, the Church Fathers and Ancient Councils, to become the Catholic (or Orthodox) Church of today, always holding to the same the doctrines handed down from the Apostles by word of mouth and in writing.

According to some Protestants, the early Church Apostatised at some point, usually declared to be around 300 - 400 AD, and from then on followed false doctrines, ceasing to be the true Church. In the 1500s Protestant Reformers rediscovered the original doctrines taught by the Apostles and revived the True Church as protestantism.

BUT FOR THE PROTESTANT VIEW TO BE RIGHT, TWO MAJOR QUESTIONS HAVE TO BE ANSWERED.

1. WHEN DID THE CATHOLIC CHURCH TURN FALSE?

If you ask a fundamentalist Protestant this, you will be hard-pressed to receive a precise answer. If pushed, most will say that this happened some time around 300 AD, when Christianity became a legalised religion in the Roman Empire.

Protestant fundamentalists have a whole list of doctrines which they claim are false, and which they claim suddenly entered the Church at this time: These include, good works needed for salvation, devotion to the Virgin Mary, tradition given equal weight with scripture, and the Papacy. Other beliefs that they claim entered the Church later, include specific Marian doctrines, Purgatory and Transubstantiation. See highlighted links for details of these issues.

Catholics would state that all the above doctrines were part of the original teaching of the Church, and point to the historical record, and the writings of the early Church fathers to prove:

1. That none of these doctrines was new in 300 AD. And that all were accepted and taught by the Church from the earliest times.

2. That there is no proof whatsoever of any major changes in Church doctrine in 300 AD or at any other time, and

3. That the major Protestant doctrines, such as Faith Alone for Salvation, Scripture Alone for Doctrine, or a disbelief in the real presence of Jesus's body and blood in communion, were not taught in the early church, nor by any church at any time before 1520 AD.

2. WHAT HAPPENED TO THE TRUE CHURCH BETWEEN 300 AD AND 1520 AD - DID IT DISAPPEAR?

This second question is the one Protestants find hardest to answer, and they try to evade it whenever possible. If Protestantism is true Christianity, where was the True Church for the one thousand two hundred years between 300 AD and 1500 AD?

A) Did God just let the True Church and its teachings die?

Some Protestants would argue this. For although churches split away from the Catholic Church before 1520, these fell into two groups.

1. Churches like the Orthodox, Coptic and Armenian Churches, which split from Catholicism largely for political reasons. There are small doctrinal differences with Catholicism, but otherwise all hold very similar doctrines. They believe in Apostolic Succession, Faith and Works for Salvation, the equal validity of both Scripture AND Tradition, the veneration of Mary and the Saints, and prayer for the dead. None of them share protestant distinctive doctrines.

2. Blatantly heretical groups such as the Gnostics and Cathars, who believed that matter was evil; Arians and Nestorians who challenged the Divinity or manhood of Christ; Anti-Trinitarians, and holders of similarly non-Christian opinions.

Neither of these groups held to the key Protestant teachings. Therefore, if Protestantism is the teaching of the True Church, the True Church clearly did not exist between biblical times and 1520 AD.

A lot of protestants blithely accept this. But this raises one very major problem. If Catholicism is false religion, and Protestantism is the true faith that leads to Salvation, and Protestantism was not taught until 1520 then everyone who lived before 1520 COULD NOT HAVE BEEN SAVED.

Did no-one who lived in that period go to heaven? Scripture seems clearly to deny this:

Matthew 28:19 Go therefore and make disciples of all the nations, baptizing them in the name of the Father and of the Son and of the Holy Spirit, 20 teaching them to observe all things that I have commanded you; and lo, I AM WITH YOU ALWAYS, even to the end of the age."

So again, for this Protestant argument to be true, Jesus's promise must have been false, for the world was abandoned to the "errors" of Catholicism for the greater part of 1500 years!

Therefore if Jesus's promise has been kept, THE TRUE CHURCH CANNOT BE PROTESTANT, since Protestantism has NOT been taught from the Crucifixion to the "end of the Age". Only Catholicism has.

B) Then did the Protestant Church exist as a "Remnant" for 1500 years?

This is the fall-back position of some Protestant fundamentalists. They argue that there has always been a "hidden remnant" of Christians, holding to "true" Protestant doctrines, who survived from Apostolic times until the Reformation, largely in secret, and persecuted by the official church.

However the problem is, that there is absolutely no reputable academic evidence for this.

Attempts have been made by various apologists and fantasists to construct a "Baptist succession" from the time of Christ to the present. This generally requires trying to link pre-1500 heretical movements into some sort of chain, claiming that these were the hidden Protestants. The groups most favoured are the Albigensians, the Waldenses and the Lollards.

However none of these groups existed before the 12th century, and, even more devastatingly for this argument, none of them shared the key Protestant teaching of Salvation by Faith Alone. The Albigensians were in fact Gnostics, who believed matter was evil, and that there were two gods, one good, one evil!

Protestantism cannot have come to us by these means. Nor did Luther and Calvin claim to have received their teachings from such groups.

Were the pre-1500 Protestants perhaps so savagely persecuted that all trace of them has been lost?

Again, this argument has no merit. Could 1500 years of Protestantism have left absolutely no trace? We know of, and have solid written evidence of, the beliefs of even tiny heretical groups from the first century to the present. These include:

Gnostics - Who believed matter was evil
Montanists - Who forbade marriage and anything worldly
Marcionites - Who rejected the Gospels as false
Monarchianists - Who denied the reality of the Trinity
Arians, - Who said Jesus was not fully God but a creation.
Pelagians - Who denied Original Sin and the need for Salvation
Donatists - Who refused to readmit Apostate Christians
Collyridians - Who sacrificed to Mary
Nestorians - Who said Christ had two personhoods.
Apollinarians - Who said Jesus was not truly human.

And many, many more. But of any group holding Protestant beliefs we have no trace whatsoever.

What Must we Conclude?

As far as I can see, there is one chain of conclusions:

1. Jesus founded One Church, and said that it should remain One. He did not want a divided and constantly splitting Church.

2. Jesus promised that the Church would be preserved in truth by the Holy Spirit and that He would remain with it until the "end of the age."

3. The Church Jesus founded was led by Apostles, who passed their Authority on to Bishops.

4. The earliest writings of the Church confirm that it took a Catholic view of Authority, the Sacraments, Church Order, Real Presence in Communion, Regenerative Baptism, Prayer for the Dead, the significance of Mary, the means of Salvation, and other doctrines.

5. There is no evidence of ANY group of Christians holding to the main Protestant teachings before 1520. Protestant teachings are therefore New to Christianity, even though they claim to be derived from Scripture.

6. New teachings, beyond those held by the Church are condemned in scripture.

7. The Protestant justification for the truth of their belief demands that Jesus's promises that He would remain with His Church forever, and that the Holy Spirit would guide it in truth, were false, since according to them, God abandoned the Church to error before 1520. This is not consistent with God's promises.

8. Since Protestant teachings have not been preached through all ages, as demanded by Scripture, Protestant teachings must, on this count alone, be false.

9. Only one Church was founded on the Apostles, remains in communion with the See of Peter, maintains Apostolic Succession, and has fulfilled the warrant of Scripture by preaching the SAME DOCTRINE to ALL GENERATIONS, for 2,000 years from Pentecost to the Present. The CATHOLIC CHURCH.

Summarized from a sermon given by Matthew Kelly in Erie, PA last Spring -- certain sections have been copied exactly to preserve the original meaning of the author.

Cityboy

Banned
Hail Mary! Hail Satan!
CATHOLICISM, MOTHER OF HARLOTS
Below is Time Magazine's March 2005 Issue, featuring the Great Whore

Satanism in the Vatican | Immaculate Deception | Proof That Catholics Worship Mary
"Thou shalt not make unto thee any graven image, or any likeness of any thing that is in heaven above, or that is in the earth beneath, or that is in the water under the earth: Thou shalt not bow down thyself to them, nor serve them: for I the LORD thy God am a jealous God..." (King James Bible, Exodus 20:4,5).

The Bible clearly warns against even BOWING to a graven image. God is a jealous God and will not share His rightful glory with another.
"I am the LORD: that is my name: and my glory will I not give to another, neither my praise to graven images." (Isaiah 42:8)
Does the Pope need glasses? Isaiah 42:8 can only be interpreted one way...God is stingy when it comes to sharing glory and praise. It really makes God angry when anyone hails (praises) Mary. I have news for you my friend, Mary did not remain a virgin. After Jesus was virgin born through a miraculous conception by the Holy Spirit of God, Mary and Joseph married and had many children. Mary did not remain a virgin!
Mary was a SINNER. just like you and me. Mary had to trust Jesus Christ and ask Him for forgiveness of her sins to go to heaven. Mary is in heaven today ONLY because she believed upon Jesus Christ as Saviour. John 14:6 is very clear...
"Jesus saith unto him, I am the way, the truth, and the life: no man cometh unto the Father, but by me."

It is ONLY through Jesus Christ that anyone can go to heaven. This is simply because Jesus is the One Who paid the price for our sins upon the cross. Jesus has the nail-scared hands and feet, not El Papa over in Rome. The Pope is a dope and he has no hope apart from Jesus Christ. The Pope is not the vicar of heaven, but of hell and the devil himself. Catholicism is straight out of the pits of hell. If you hail Mary, then you are committing IDOLATRY.
"Their land also is full of idols; they worship the work of their own hands, that which their own fingers have made:" -Isaiah 2:8

God hates idolatry!
"The lofty looks of man shall be humbled, and the haughtiness of men shall be bowed down, and the LORD alone shall be exalted in that day." -Isaiah 2:11
If you foolishly disobey the Bible by saying "Hail Mary," then you are committing idolatry. Mary is no more special than any other godly woman. If you idolize Mary, then you are practicing false religion. If you hail Mary, you are really worshipping and praising Satan.
queen_of_hell-4.jpg
The above photo is so disgusting! Notice how the Catholics portray Jesus Christ as an effeminate little wimp as compared to the almighty goddess mother. Also notice the halo around Mary's head signifying deity. The Catholic religion is so wicked that they even claim that Mary is Jesus' co-redeemer, look at the blasphemous scars in Mary's hands in the photo below...
the_great_whore.jpg
Roman Catholicism is the biggest CULT in the world! There is NOTHING in the Bible about purgatory. There is NOTHING in the Bible about praying to dead saints.

"Confounded be all they that serve graven images, that boast themselves of idols" -Psalm 97:7
There is NOTHING in the Bible about praying to statues. There is NOTHING in the Bible about not eating meat on Fridays. There is NOTHING in the Bible about worshipping the dead. There is NOTHING in the Bible about digesting Jesus' flesh and blood. The Catholic religion can't make up it's mind and keeps changing it's dogma (doctrine). They also ADD good works to faith alone in Christ Jesus. Catholicism is a false religion, based upon faith in good works and the Roman Cult...not the Lord Jesus Christ. Roman Catholicism bases many of their beliefs upon TRADITIONS, which they esteem as also being inspired by God. This is a lie of the devil, unsupported by the Scriptures. Read more on TRADITION. The Apocrypha is not part of the Word of God and was rejected by the King James translators for good reason...the manuscripts were corrupt! Is the Catholic church's doctrine infallible?
PERVERT ALERT!!! PERVERT ALERT!!!
The Roman Catholic church is a cesspool of homosexual perverts and pedophiles. Pedophilia and homosexuality are inseparable (as many as 50% of all Catholic priests are Sodomites).
Catholicism is a lie of the devil, a prison-house of religion. If I didn't sincerely care about people, then I wouldn't take the time to WARN you. The Catholic religion is all a bunch of Satanic lies based upon traditions and ridiculous manipulations of the Word of God. I plead with you as a friend, obey the Bible by turning to the Lord Jesus Christ in faith and forsaking the Mother of Harlots. The Great Whore of the Catholic Church will take you to hell with them if you're foolish enough to follow them. Don't do it. Salvation is NOT found in a religion, but in a Person--the Lord Jesus Christ! You need Christianity friend, NOT churchianity.

Free Audio Sermons by Dr. Max D. Younce
"He answered and said unto them, Well hath Esaias prophesied of you hypocrites, as it is written, This people honoureth me with their lips, but their heart is far from me. Howbeit in vain do they worship me, teaching for doctrines the commandments of men. For laying aside the commandment of God, ye hold the tradition of men, as the washing of pots and cups: and many other such like things ye do. And he said unto them, Full well ye reject the commandment of God, that ye may keep your own tradition." -Mark 7:6-9

dzalphakilo

Banned
queen_of_hell-4.jpg
The above photo is so disgusting! Notice how the Catholics portray Jesus Christ as an effeminate little wimp as compared to the almighty goddess mother. Also notice the halo around Mary's head signifying deity. The Catholic religion is so wicked that they even claim that Mary is Jesus' co-redeemer, look at the blasphemous scars in Mary's hands in the photo below...

Funny, the above looks like an Icon you would see in an Orthodox church (being Russian Orthodox I see a lot of them when I'm home).

However, and I could be wrong, but I don't recall seeing an Icon like the one you posted in a Catholic church.

My "home" church...

P.S worse than any boot camp is being an altar boy and being the last candle holder during the twelve gospel readings. Guys have fainted doing it:yum:

St%20Michael%20ACROD%20St%20Clair%20Interior%201.jpg

Sir Knight

That site is filled with half-truths, misunderstandings and outright lies. Take the misunderstanding of Graven Images ... if that was wrong in God's eyes, then why did God command His temple to contain graven images and for people to knee down in their direction?

When you explain that, we can move on to another point.

Cityboy

Banned
That site is filled with half-truths, misunderstandings and outright lies. Take the misunderstanding of Graven Images ... if that was wrong in God's eyes, then why did God command His temple to contain graven images and for people to knee down in their direction?

When you explain that, we can move on to another point.

"Thou shalt not make unto thee any graven image, or any likeness of any thing that is in heaven above, or that is in the earth beneath, or that is in the water under the earth: Thou shalt not bow down thyself to them, nor serve them: for I the LORD thy God am a jealous God..." (King James Bible, Exodus 20:4,5).

This will be one of the few times I get into a scripture quoting contest, so post the scripture that backs up your claim.

dzalphakilo

Banned
Thou shalt not bow down thyself to them, nor serve them: for I the LORD thy God am a jealous God..." (King James Bible, Exodus 20:4,5).

Why would God be jealous of anything?

Being jealous is a human characteristic isn't it?

Then again, it is in the Old Testament :whistle:

Sir Knight

Your knowledge of scripture is INCOMPLETE. Otherwise, how do you explain Exodus 25:18-22 ...

And thou shalt make two cherubims of gold, of beaten work shalt thou make them, in the two ends of the mercy seat. And make one cherub on the one end, and the other cherub on the other end: even of the mercy seat shall ye make the cherubims on the two ends thereof. And the cherubims shall stretch forth their wings on high, covering the mercy seat with their wings, and their faces shall look one to another; toward the mercy seat shall the faces of the cherubims be. And thou shalt put the mercy seat above upon the ark; and in the ark thou shalt put the testimony that I shall give thee. And there I will meet with thee, and I will commune with thee from above the mercy seat, from between the two cherubims which are upon the ark of the testimony, of all things which I will give thee in commandment unto the children of Israel.

... and Exodus 26:1 & 31 ...

Moreover thou shalt make the tabernacle with ten curtains of fine twined linen, and blue, and purple, and scarlet: with cherubims of cunning work shalt thou make them. And thou shalt make a vail of blue, and purple, and scarlet, and fine twined linen of cunning work: with cherubims shall it be made

... God commands the making of the image of a golden cherubim. Why is God telling the people to break His own commandment? And what about Num. 21:8-9 ...

And the LORD said unto Moses, Make thee a fiery serpent, and set it upon a pole: and it shall come to pass, that every one that is bitten, when he looketh upon it, shall live. And Moses made a serpent of brass, and put it upon a pole, and it came to pass, that if a serpent had bitten any man, when he beheld the serpent of brass, he lived.

... where God also commands the making of the bronze serpent? Care to comment on those?

This will be one of the few times I get into a scripture quoting contest, so post the scripture that backs up your claim.
Scriptures posted along with links to KJV in case you don't believe my quotes. Again, explain why God is telling the people to break His commandments?

Hint, hint ... because God does NOT prohibit images to be used in worship -- He only prohibits the images themselves to be worshiped which is why in I Kings 6:23-36; 7:27-39; 8:6-67 we see Solomon's temple contained statues of cherubim and images of cherubim, oxen and lions and God did NOT condemn these images that were used in worship. It was only when the people began to worship the statues in 2 Kings 18:4 did they incur God's wrath, and the king destroyed it. The command prohibiting the use of graven images deals EXCLUSIVELY with the false worship of those images.

dzalphakilo

Banned
God forbid that the Bible might contradict itself.

Can get this way when MEN write the word of God I guess.

Better yet, guess it's who doin the reading that says what the Bible means?

Come on Sir Knight, with your knowledge of the Bible, I'm really hoping you can answer my questions on the other thread:thumb:

dsgsr

I can't believe you folks waste brain power on this shit. Can't you see how it's controlling you. You probably give money to these Establishment too HUH:)

David

Cityboy

Banned
Why would God be jealous of anything?

Being jealous is a human characteristic isn't it?

Then again, it is in the Old Testament :whistle:

Very good point DZ, and yet another reason I hesitate to get into scripture quoting. It makes absoloutely no sense that the all powerful GOD who created the universe would be jealous of anything. And yes, being jealous is indeed a human characteristic. That, to me is just one more reason to question the legitimacy of the bible.

There is much evidence that the bible is simply an Astrological literary hybrid myth, written by man, just like Greek Mythology. But that's another discussion for another thread.

Cityboy

Banned
Your knowledge of scripture is INCOMPLETE. Otherwise, how do you explain Exodus 25:18-22 ...

And thou shalt make two cherubims of gold, of beaten work shalt thou make them, in the two ends of the mercy seat. And make one cherub on the one end, and the other cherub on the other end: even of the mercy seat shall ye make the cherubims on the two ends thereof. And the cherubims shall stretch forth their wings on high, covering the mercy seat with their wings, and their faces shall look one to another; toward the mercy seat shall the faces of the cherubims be. And thou shalt put the mercy seat above upon the ark; and in the ark thou shalt put the testimony that I shall give thee. And there I will meet with thee, and I will commune with thee from above the mercy seat, from between the two cherubims which are upon the ark of the testimony, of all things which I will give thee in commandment unto the children of Israel.

... and Exodus 26:1 & 31 ...

Moreover thou shalt make the tabernacle with ten curtains of fine twined linen, and blue, and purple, and scarlet: with cherubims of cunning work shalt thou make them. And thou shalt make a vail of blue, and purple, and scarlet, and fine twined linen of cunning work: with cherubims shall it be made

... God commands the making of the image of a golden cherubim. Why is God telling the people to break His own commandment? And what about Num. 21:8-9 ...

And the LORD said unto Moses, Make thee a fiery serpent, and set it upon a pole: and it shall come to pass, that every one that is bitten, when he looketh upon it, shall live. And Moses made a serpent of brass, and put it upon a pole, and it came to pass, that if a serpent had bitten any man, when he beheld the serpent of brass, he lived.

... where God also commands the making of the bronze serpent? Care to comment on those?

Scriptures posted along with links to KJV in case you don't believe my quotes. Again, explain why God is telling the people to break His commandments?

Hint, hint ... because God does NOT prohibit images to be used in worship -- He only prohibits the images themselves to be worshiped which is why in I Kings 6:23-36; 7:27-39; 8:6-67 we see Solomon's temple contained statues of cherubim and images of cherubim, oxen and lions and God did NOT condemn these images that were used in worship. It was only when the people began to worship the statues in 2 Kings 18:4 did they incur God's wrath, and the king destroyed it. The command prohibiting the use of graven images deals EXCLUSIVELY with the false worship of those images.

I commandered my sons student study bible to look your reference up.

Exodous chapter 25 tells of offerings for the tabernacle, plans for the "Ark of the Covenant" -specifically which is what your quote is referring to- and plans for the lampstand, etc.

Now, it looks to me as if these instructions are simply being given to Moses to build a tabernacle. Where Catholicism draws from this that they are supposed to continue to build these oppulent structres today is unclear. I see no justification for Vatacan City, nor do I see justification of a Pope anywhere in the bible.

As DZ pointed out, the scripture we are referring to is in the old testament. According to the bible, things changed when Jesus arrived on the scene. Can you quote any scripture justifying oppulence in the new testament? Even better, show me where purgatory is addressed in the bible.

Last edited:

Sir Knight

I commandered my sons student study bible to look your reference up.

Exodous chapter 25 tells of offerings for the tabernacle, plans for the "Ark of the Covenant" -specifically which is what your quote is referring to- and plans for the lampstand, etc.
Which contained a GRAVEN IMAGE! If creating graven images are wrong, as you believe them to be, then why did God command them to be created in the SEVERAL places that I had referenced in my earlier post?

Now, it looks to me as if these instructions are simply being given to Moses to build a tabernacle. Where Catholicism draws from this that they are supposed to continue to build these oppulent structres today is unclear.
Because, it is either wrong or it isn't. The fact that God commanded the people numerous times to make graven images is a very good indication that God does NOT prohibit images to be used in worship -- He only prohibits the images THEMSELVES to be worshiped. I'm still waiting to hear your explanation.

I see no justification for Vatacan City, nor do I see justification of a Pope anywhere in the bible.
All over the gospels Peter is singled out from the rest of the Apostles and in John 21:15-17, Jesus turns over the sheparding of His flock to Peter and ONLY Peter -- clearly signifying Peter as the leader of the others.

The authority that was given to Peter was passed on to his successor and his successor after thay until we come to the current Pope. So the office of Pope was established by Jesus Himself.

As DZ pointed out, the scripture we are referring to is in the old testament.
Hold your horses. You, yourself, used the old testament to argue against graven images. I used the old testament to show how your understanding of that passage was incorrect and that the command prohibiting the use of graven images deals EXCLUSIVELY with the false worship of those images.

If you are not going to use the old testament to support your claim that Catholics are doing wrong by using images in worship, then WHERE is your justification for this charge? You made an accusation. You need to support it. I've already shown that your quotes from the old testament don't cut it because God has instructed His people in a number of places to MAKE graven images.

Again, show your justification for this charge or withdraw it.

If one measured Protestants by the same rule, then by using these "graven" images, they would be practicing the "idolatry" of which they accuse Catholics. But there’s no idolatry going on in these situations. God forbids the worship of images as gods, but he doesn’t ban the making of images. If he had, religious movies, videos, photographs, paintings, and all similar things would be banned. But, as the case of the bronze serpent shows, God does not even forbid the ritual use of religious images.

According to the bible, things changed when Jesus arrived on the scene.
According to the bible, ALL of scripture is there for our benefit and Jesus clearly said that He did not come to abolish the old law but to fulfill it.

Can you quote any scripture justifying oppulence in the new testament? Even better, show me where purgatory is addressed in the bible.
I can't give you any scripture justification of "oppulence" because I don't even know what it is but as far a purgatory is concerned, take note of Matt. 12:32 where Jesus says, “And anyone who says a word against the Son of man will be forgiven; but no one who speaks against the Holy Spirit will be forgiven either in this world or in the next.” In this passage Jesus clearly preaches that there is forgiveness AFTER death. However, forgiveness is not necessary in heaven, and there is no forgiveness in hell. So where is this forgivenss given? While the bible does not call it a specific name, there has to be a third place other than heaven or hell where this forgiveness is given. The Church for 2,000 years has called this third place "purgatory".

Last edited:

Sir Knight

Catholocism is BS according to the Bible as is the pope.
And where did the bible come from? It wasn't brought down from heaven by an angel. It wasn't given to somebody on a mountain top. It was assembled by the CATHOLIC Church in the late 4th century. They decided what scripture passages went in and what scripture passages stayed out and when they were done, they declared it to be the Word of God.

If Catholocism is BS, then you have no proof that the Bible is the Word of God. None. The bible didn't come with an index telling folks what scriptures were to be contained in it. The decision to include the Gospel of Matthew and exclude the Gospel of Thomas and include the Gospel of Mark, etc.; were all made by the Catholic Church.

How can somebody follow a book that the Catholic Church produced if they think that Catholocism is BS?

Snowcat Operations

SUPER Site Supporter
CityBoy Yoy sir should be ashamed of your self. How DARE you utter Catholics and Satanism in the same sentence! How you people can come up with crap like that is BEYOND me! I'm born again too but go to a Baptist church, a non dinomination church ect ect. How do you come up with this crap? Here we are fighting in a WAR with people who will Kill you for believing in Jesus Christ as God. Yet you come up with this shit? Get your priorities straight. I know many Catholics who believe Christ is God and worship him. How can that be Satanism?