• Please be sure to read the rules and adhere to them. Some banned members have complained that they are not spammers. But they spammed us. Some even tried to redirect our members to other forums. Duh. Be smart. Read the rules and adhere to them and we will all get along just fine. Cheers. :beer: Link to the rules: https://www.forumsforums.com/threads/forum-rules-info.2974/

The Jesus bed connection.

:idea: This holiday, think and remember. Before the word sleep became part of our vocabulary, the word dead was used, meaning not conscious. The word dead covered all the conditions for being found not conscious. People 2000 years ago, not yet having the word sleep, would have described what the carpenter Jesus was doing as raising the dead. With hindsight, through the study of history, we can now see and understand that Jesus was raising the sleeping, by giving them beds. The manger, praying before going to bed, and the spread of furniture with Christianity, all points to Jesus being responsible mass utilization of the bed, in the same way Henry Ford is famous for the automobile. Jesus was not first with the invention of the bed, but he was first to realize everyone needs to sleep up off the ground. In this way, Jesus gave us life more abundant, much more healthier.
Alan
Search + Share ~ Magnetrition
http://www.angelfire.com/nj/alanejackson/index.html

Not conscious?
The meaning of diseased is that you do not wake back up. Many times people are thought to be diseased, but to have them conscious again in the story,or life, means they were miss-diagnosed. A good eye, someone alert to the signs of life can show that the person was miss-diagnosed, but that hurts the reputation of the person who signed the death certificate. Although less frequent today, this still happens. Jesus got into trouble mainly because of the politics of maintaining reputations. This is why people used to have a "wake", because we are so prone to errors, even our health professionals.

In the stories, Jesus would stop funeral processions on the way to the graveyard, and revive the person about to be buried. Imagine that. It would surely make many people look ignorant and foolish, but save the life of the person wrongly diagnosed. What would you do, how would you handle the situation if it was shown that you had tried to bury a person who was not deceased but only sick and unconscious? How would you try to explain your error?

pirate_girl

legendary ⚓
GOLD Site Supporter
I shall thank the Lord tonight in a special way for my Sealy Posturepedic, and hope I wake feeling alive and refreshed.
:) ;)

Actually, this is not what diseased means at all.

Thanks, I mean deceased.

It is error alone that needs the assistance of government. - Thomas Jefferson

"The puzzle arises out of a linguistic mistake."-- Budwick Liftinstien

Etymology of the words.

The theory of Magnetrition predicts that, it presents the basic rule that, "Where a magnetic compass does not function properly, neither should you!". The mitochondria are basically a swimming magnetic compass, using the Earth's magnetic field as a guide in performing its essential duties within the cells of our bodies. To be at our best, we must ensure that they have what they need.

Understanding the theory of Magnetrition allows greater insight, dangers previously unnoticed, we become conscious of. From a radio report, I learned of a woman, about 80 years of age, that had been locked in a safety deposit vault by accident when the bank employees went home for the night. The report told of how the woman sat for more than four or five hours before getting up and walking about the room, which alerted security through movement sensors. Most children would not sit that long, and be healthier because they wouldn't.

What I'm trying to do, is to get you to study Magnetrition, and then share that experience in your articles. After a time, we all become folklore. But I think the theory of Magnetrition, maybe because it's so vague, will stand the test of time. And eventually occupying a part of everyone's mind.

Two people, two different opinions/reactions. Let free speech prevail !

http://www.scienceagogo.com/forum/ubbthreads.php?ubb=showflat&Number=24556#Post24556

The Jesus bed connection.

This holiday, think and remember. Before the word sleep became part of our vocabulary, the word dead was used, meaning not conscious. The word dead covered all the conditions for being found not conscious. People 2000 years ago, not yet having the word sleep, would have described what the carpenter Jesus was doing as raising the dead. With hindsight, through the study of history, we can now see and understand that Jesus was raising the sleeping, by giving them beds. The manger, praying before going to bed, and the spread of furniture with Christianity, all points to Jesus being responsible mass utilization of the bed, in the same way Henry Ford is famous for the automobile. Jesus was not first with the invention of the bed, but he was first to realize everyone needs to sleep up off the ground. In this way, Jesus gave us life more abundant, much more healthier.

Not conscious. The meaning of deceased is that you do not wake back up. Many times people are thought to be diseased, but to have them conscious again in the story,or life, means they were miss-diagnosed. A good eye, someone alert to the signs of life can show that the person was miss-diagnosed, but that hurts the reputation of the person who signed the death certificate. Although less frequent today, this still happens. Jesus got into trouble mainly because of the politics of maintaining reputations. This is why people used to have a "wake", because we are so prone to errors, even our health professionals.
In the stories, Jesus would stop funeral processions on the way to the graveyard, and revive the person about to be buried. Imagine that. It would surely make many people look ignorant and foolish, but save the life of the person wrongly diagnosed. What would you do, how would you handle the situation if it was shown that you had tried to bury a person who was not deceased but only sick and unconscious? How would you try to explain your error?

Alan
<http://www.angelfire.com/nj/alanejackson/index.html>

Re: The Jesus bed connection.
Loc: Southeast Nebraska, USA

what does this have to do with science? This is a science forum. I question the appropriateness of your remarks.

Amaranth

Re: The Jesus bed connection.
Superstar
Loc: Colorado

<Before the word sleep became part of our vocabulary, the word dead was used, meaning not conscious. The word dead covered all the conditions for being found <not conscious. People 2000 years ago, not yet having the word sleep, would have described what the carpenter Jesus was doing as raising the dead. With h<indsight, through the study of history, we can now see and understand that Jesus was raising the sleeping, by giving them beds. The manger, praying before going to <bed, and the spread of furniture with Christianity, all points to Jesus being responsible mass utilization of the bed....

Of course! He WAS a Carpenter!

I find that the purported etymology of the words discussed is very intriguing, to say the least. I'll always remember these "raising the dead" images, when I hear regular preaching, from now on.

This is the funniest thing I've read in a couple of days! Thanks ala!

Last edited:

Snowcat Operations

SUPER Site Supporter
Not conscious?
The meaning of diseased is that you do not wake back up. Many times people are thought to be diseased, but to have them conscious again in the story,or life, means they were miss-diagnosed. A good eye, someone alert to the signs of life can show that the person was miss-diagnosed, but that hurts the reputation of the person who signed the death certificate. Although less frequent today, this still happens. Jesus got into trouble mainly because of the politics of maintaining reputations. This is why people used to have a "wake", because we are so prone to errors, even our health professionals.

I would like to hear you try to explain your error about Jesus when your standing before him on judgement day. For someone who is clearly pretty smart it amazes me how wrong you are. Hope you see the light before its to late.

I would like to hear you try to explain your error about Jesus when your standing before him on judgement day.

:idea: Maybe I won't have to, because I studied. Maybe its you that will have to.

You can find couches buried along with the Pharaohs in Egypt. Christianity began as an effort to get "everyone" sleeping in a bed. They had cars before Henry Ford. But Ford becomes famous because of his efforts toward the mass utilization of the car. Beds began being used long before Jesus, to most seen as a status symbol in a caste system, with the benefits and reasoning behind sleeping raised not widely understood. Jesus began working toward getting everyone sleeping in a bed. We take it for granted today, but to have everyone sleeping in a bed in a community vastly improves the health of everyone. Many illnesses are avoided, and sleeping in a bed doubles the average person's life span mainly through the prevention of heat loss through dissipation into the ground. A definite danger to the young and old in tribes not mass utilizing furniture. 2000 years ago, the mass utilization of the bed was the one thing that would do mankind the most good. An example of the need for equality among us.

I'm talking history, not religion. When I ask people whose famous for the bed, most say they never thought about the bed. But once in a while a person will say Jesus, because of the manger. In a world of cause and effect, it's hard to keep history hidden, long.

The bed is evolutionary medicine. People that do not compensate for the height of the trees suffer health problems due to sleeping on the ground. Some agree the term "hell" means "the grave". So, getting people using raised beds is how Jesus and his followers were keeping others from an early grave.

It all hinges on the definition of the word "dead". Before the word sleep, did they use the word dead? Does "raising the dead" mean "raising the sleeping", in the history books?

It's something that had to have happened in our history. The story of Jesus, when viewed historically, tells me so.

It just goes to show how strongly our lives are affected by peer pressure. The effect of Christianity peer pressureing everyone into using beds has raised life expectancy to about 70 years of age. Now life expectancy drastically increases when people reorient every 10 minutes magnetically.

Our level of comprehension is proportionate to our vocabulary. This means generations in the future having a greater vocabulary, will be able to comprehend things we cannot.
Our relationship with words, is our relationship with God. As our vocabulary grows, so does our relationship with God, through the generations.
Have you studied the information at the link I've provided?

Does history verified what I'm saying?

Do you understand evolution?

Do you have to compensate for the height of the trees, or suffer?

Was the word dead use before the word sleep was introduced?

You have to really read the Bible. Not just recite the words, and parrot what you've heard others say it means. Your interpretation must conform with the facts and agree with history and reality. Some people don't seem to think that's important. And they miss knowing the truth.

We have taken the bed for granted. Just how important is it when it comes to our health? If people that did not use beds, began using beds, would they receive life more abundant? Doesn't it say that's why Jesus came? Why does it mention Jesus was the son of a carpenter? Is that important? If you have seen the son, have seen the father? Do they usually have the same trade, especially the firstborn?

All the clues are there. Put the piece together. Most don't even try.

Allow me to share a response to my "Jesus and the bed" theory/observation, from another discussion forum.

Posted: Fri Jan 04, 2008 8:08 pm
FFT

"This is the best miracle apologetic I've ever seen."

I had to use the dictionary to try to figure out the meaning behind that sentence.

apolo[getic

adj. 5Fr apolog=tique < LL(Ec) apologeticus < Gr apologctikos, suitable for defense.

1 defending in writing or speech; vindicating
2 showing realization of and regret for a fault, wrong, etc.; making an apology.
n. a formal defense, often written, of a belief, cause, etc.

I take it to mean something like:
This is the best miracle defense I've ever seen.
This is the best miracle explanation I've ever seen.

Alan
http://www.freewebs.com/alanejackson/index.htm

Tractors4u

Site Supporter
"Christianity began as an effort to get "everyone" sleeping in a bed. "

Have you ever even opened a Bible? Where do you get this theory?

If this were true then the book of Revelation would read more like this;

"And behold he will come riding on a Sealy Posturepedic" instead of a pale horse.

California

Charter Member
Site Supporter
Why do you guys bother responding to this troll? He's either crazy as hell or baiting you for his amusement; I think the first.

In either case I think he is better ignored.

California

Charter Member
Site Supporter
Well it looks like a one-liner response is enough to get him going for page after page of reply.

Maybe if everybody gives him something to respond to, he'll hit overload or something. Where's Junkman? Remember the time he provoked O.A. over the edge? :D

Cityboy

Banned
"Christianity began as an effort to get "everyone" sleeping in a bed. "

Have you ever even opened a Bible? Where do you get this theory?

If this were true then the book of Revelation would read more like this;

"And behold he will come riding on a Sealy Posturepedic" instead of a pale horse.

Makes about as much sense as the Bible does.:yum:

Deadly Sushi

The One, The Only, Sushi
SUPER Site Supporter
Does history verified what I'm saying?

Do you understand evolution?

Do you have to compensate for the height of the trees, or suffer?

Was the word dead use before the word sleep was introduced?

This guy should be a sales manager. :yum: :yum: :yum:

alaska120

Mayor McCheese
SUPER Site Supporter
Curious about the magnet theory. If that is the case then we are REALLY crazy up here with around 27 deg's declination...

"Honesty should be able to recognize vice even when it dresses in brocade. The example of people in high places is so persuasive that it makes others imitate even their ugliness.

Better to be mad with everyone than sane all alone: so say the politicians. If all are mad, you'll be equal to them. And if you alone are sane, you will be taken for mad. What matters is to follow the current. The best knowledge, sometimes, is not to know, or pretend not to. We must live with others, and the majority are ignorant. To live by yourself, you must be very godly or a complete savage. But I would modify this aphorism and say: Better sane with the many than mad all by yourself. Some people want to be singular in their pursuit of chimeras.

The uninformed person is a dark world unto himself. The penetrating intelligence heads off cunning with close observation, ambushes it with caution, understands the opposite of what cunning wanted it to understand, and immediately identifies false intentions." - Baltasar Gracian, The Art of Worldly Wisdom.

Last edited:

California

Charter Member
Site Supporter
You can't keep "diseased' and "deceased" straight in your muddled mind. It's pointless for anyone read any further in your theories.

And you misquoted me. You left out the part
He's either crazy as hell or baiting you for his amusement;
I'll let you have the last word from here. Unless you misquote me again.

I'll let you have the last word

Thanks. Again, off my leg. On the topic. Not my spelling. You could miss something important you keep that up. Now go to bed, boy. Say your prayers first. Thank Jesus for it.

"It is clear, in any case, that our convictions on important matters are not the result of knowledge or critical thought, nor, it may be added, are they often dictated by supposed self-interest. Most of them are pure prejudices in the proper sense of the word. We do not form them ourselves. They are the whisperings of "the voice of the herd." We have in the last analysis no responsibility for them and need assume none.... Nevertheless, creative intelligence in its various forms and activities is what makes man. Were not for its slow, painful, and constantly discouraged operations through the ages man would be no more than a species of primate living on seeds, fruit, roots, and uncooked flesh, and wandering naked through the woods and over the plains like a chimpanzee." - The Mind in the Making - James Harvey Robinson - 1920