• Please be sure to read the rules and adhere to them. Some banned members have complained that they are not spammers. But they spammed us. Some even tried to redirect our members to other forums. Duh. Be smart. Read the rules and adhere to them and we will all get along just fine. Cheers. :beer: Link to the rules: https://www.forumsforums.com/threads/forum-rules-info.2974/

OH I'm a LumberJack and I'm OK . . .

Melensdad

Jerk in a Hawaiian Shirt & SNOWCAT Moderator
Staff member
GOLD Site Supporter
The lovely Mrs_Bob has a favorite tree.

Its a weeping willow. It died and was resurrected and has been a bane to my existence for years. Especially since we put in the swimming pool.

Today the lovely wife went to the shopping mall. I told her I was going to do some yard work :yum:

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    342.8 KB · Views: 68

Melensdad

Staff member
GOLD Site Supporter
I like the statue to the left of the tree. You live on Easter Island I presume?

That is "ED the giant Moai Head" and yes, we live on Easter Island :whistling:

The clean up has begun.....

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    439.9 KB · Views: 63

Melensdad

Staff member
GOLD Site Supporter
I would like to hear the story of "Ed" sometime?

He was a 50th birthday present for me from my wife. It was quite the spectical when he came off the truck. Needed a forklift to get him down and onto the road, then used pallet forks on the tractor's 3pt-hitch to move him across the grass and into position on the wall.

Catavenger

SUPER Site Supporter
He was a 50th birthday present for me from my wife. It was quite the spectical when he came off the truck. Needed a forklift to get him down and onto the road, then used pallet forks on the tractor's 3pt-hitch to move him across the grass and into position on the wall.
Cool, bet that was a surprise indeed.

EastTexFrank

GOLD Site Supporter
Oh Bob, I think that you're in trouble.

i went through the same thing many years ago. My wife likes her trees au natural. I didn't mind because it was less pruning for me but they got to be such a pain to mow around that I envoked the 6 foot rule ... no limbs or branches less than 6 feet from the ground. There was plenty of bitching and moaning but eventually she came to accept the idea.

Good luck and tell us where to send flowers.

Melensdad

Staff member
GOLD Site Supporter
Well I didn't get in too much trouble. While it was her favorite tree, even she realized how much grief it caused, how much mess it caused, and how much I hated that damn thing!!!

Today she even helped by raking up some of the smaller debris.

FrancSevin

Proudly Deplorable
GOLD Site Supporter
Wheeping willows are stunningly beautiful trees that grace many a fine lawn. I love to see them especially in the spring when they leaf out lime green against a dark grass and perhaps a small pond.

I advocate planting them,,,,,

So long as it is on someone else's lawn

Melensdad

Staff member
GOLD Site Supporter
Wheeping willows are stunningly beautiful trees that grace many a fine lawn. I love to see them especially in the spring when they leaf out lime green against a dark grass and perhaps a small pond.

I advocate planting them,,,,,

So long as it is on someone else's lawn

Agreed. Beautiful trees. But I don't want it near the house. Far away. Far far away.

MrLiberty

Bronze Member
Site Supporter

I'm sure that is the same way the Easter Islanders moved their giant stone heads....:yum::yum::yum::yum: