• Please be sure to read the rules and adhere to them. Some banned members have complained that they are not spammers. But they spammed us. Some even tried to redirect our members to other forums. Duh. Be smart. Read the rules and adhere to them and we will all get along just fine. Cheers. :beer: Link to the rules: https://www.forumsforums.com/threads/forum-rules-info.2974/

Rear/front weight

Mith

The Eccentric Englishman
SUPER Site Supporter
What do you all use for rear/front weight? How much weight do you use?

I've seen some pretty fancy weights made from concrete formed around 3PH pins, even saw one where someone had formed some lead about some pins I believe. And Johns forklift weight (which he still hasnt finished.....) Also those branded weight boxes, anyone use them? Also hear about people using things like RCs for weight, but it seems to me a weight box would be better, less swinging room.

I picked up some steel plate the other day, going to use it as rear weight. For front weight I have a big block of cast iron welded to a reciever.
The plates are about 5/8" thickness. What is shown in the picture weighs about 120 pounds. I'm hoping that the shape means I can tuck it away, under the operator area for example. Obviously my equip is smaller, so less weight needed.

Attachments

• DSCF0809 (200 x 150).jpg
    DSCF0809 (200 x 150).jpg
    8.9 KB · Views: 56

bczoom

Super Moderator
Staff member
GOLD Site Supporter
All I use is my box blade. I do have a carry-all + pallet + sandbags if I need to work in a more confined area but to date, that hasn't happened.

Jim_S

Gone But Not Forgotten
GOLD Site Supporter
bczoom said:
All I use is my box blade.

Same here. I have filled rear tires and use either the box blade or the tiller for weight.The box blade is @ 600 pounds. The tiller is less but it is closer coupled so it is easier for tight places.

Jim

Grooming Snow

This is something that I seen in Farmers Hot line , it's called Rim Guard Tire Ballast non- corrosive here is the web site www.rimguard.biz . The only thing is that it can make it harder to change tires