• Please be sure to read the rules and adhere to them. Some banned members have complained that they are not spammers. But they spammed us. Some even tried to redirect our members to other forums. Duh. Be smart. Read the rules and adhere to them and we will all get along just fine. Cheers. :beer: Link to the rules: https://www.forumsforums.com/threads/forum-rules-info.2974/

seat time

thcri

Gone But Not Forgotten
Freebird,

Is this all so she can enlarge the garden. Looks like you got some discing and dragging to do to.

murph

freebird

She may plant flowers or something. The main reason was to knock down the tall weeds and stinging nettles. I have a spring harrow but no disc.:(

thcri

Gone But Not Forgotten
Can you rent a tiller? I sure like mine. Go over twice and your ready for planting or seeding.

murph

Melensdad

Jerk in a Hawaiian Shirt & SNOWCAT Moderator
Staff member
GOLD Site Supporter
I got a little time yesterday preparing part of the yard for grass seed. Most of the time was spent smoothing things down with a landscape rake to prepare the surface. Probably spent as much time spreading the seed by hand and then twice that amount of time covering it with straw mats.

Today I'll get quite a bit of seat time. The garden is about 1.5 acres and it needs to be cleared of weeds, last year's dead plants, and then tilled. I also need to put the spreader on the tractor and fertilize the lawn (to get rid of the dandilions).

Doc

Bottoms Up
Staff member
GOLD Site Supporter
I used my FEL to help plant a few trees, it carried the trees and stuff I needed , then carried water. The last few days have been beautiful. It rained, but only at night. :thumb:

What do you guys use to spread your fertilizer?
Dandilions are taking over, I'm gonna have to take action.

freebird

I used my scott's walk behind spreader and used turf builder II. It kills dandelions. Some areas i just spot spray with a liquid I buy.

DaveNay

Klaatu barada nikto
SUPER Site Supporter
Doc said:

Do your dandelions have ears? Mine do. They can hear the mower coming, and they will curl up into a little ball, tucking their head down below the blades. After I am done mowing, and it is quiet, they come out of hiding, and are a good 6"-7" tall just as I am walking back into the house. :mad:

Melensdad

Jerk in a Hawaiian Shirt & SNOWCAT Moderator
Staff member
GOLD Site Supporter
Doc said:
What do you guys use to spread your fertilizer?

I purchased a Herd M96 spreader. LOVE IT. :thumb: American made, right here in Indiana. Galvenized steel hopper, heavy (as in Kioti heavy) cast bottom plate, impellers, and gears. Murph has one and he recommended it to me a year or so ago. I'm glad I listened!