• Please be sure to read the rules and adhere to them. Some banned members have complained that they are not spammers. But they spammed us. Some even tried to redirect our members to other forums. Duh. Be smart. Read the rules and adhere to them and we will all get along just fine. Cheers. :beer: Link to the rules: https://www.forumsforums.com/threads/forum-rules-info.2974/

Solid front wheel on a SV250

Smiler

I have removed my tracks on my SV250 starting to rebuild them… I’m also going through all the wheel bearing on all the boogie wheels. While doing this I notice that the one of the front wheel had a funny wear pattern on the inside. Kind of a cup pattern every three inches. I ran a string line (Okay I couldn’t find my string so I twine), and the front wheel is running on an angel. Is this the correct solid wheel, or can I adjust this?
000_1795.jpg

000_1792.jpg

000_1796.jpg

pixie

SUPER Site Supporter
If the bearings on that wheel don't seem loose when you grab the tire and try to rock it, then you could have either a bent wheel or a bent axle !!!

Forum member 'boggie' has probably encountered this before. Hopefully he will have better news for you.

Good luck with your project . :flowers:

MNoutdoors RIP

Gone But Not Forgotten
GOLD Site Supporter
I have removed my tracks on my SV250 starting to rebuild them… I’m also going through all the wheel bearing on all the boogie wheels. While doing this I notice that the one of the front wheel had a funny wear pattern on the inside. Kind of a cup pattern every three inches. I ran a string line (Okay I couldn’t find my string so I twine), and the front wheel is running on an angel. Is this the correct solid wheel, or can I adjust this?
View attachment 32081

View attachment 32082

View attachment 32083

that is the proper front wheel/tire combo. and like pixie said take the weight off of it and see what you have for slop. it can be a bent axle or wheel and also a bent arm . in looking at your arm it appears bent and wore on the inside. the plate that is welded to the frame needs to be redone and made thicker it appears wore out. your splines could also be failing on the arm flexator connection. and the flexator rubber could be wore out as well. sometimes the bolt that tightens the arm on the flexator becomes loose and it starts to wear the splines out. some people will end up welding the ends then. because the arms new are 500+ for the front ones and the flexators in the front are bigger than the rest. and run around 800 dollars :unsure: