• Please be sure to read the rules and adhere to them. Some banned members have complained that they are not spammers. But they spammed us. Some even tried to redirect our members to other forums. Duh. Be smart. Read the rules and adhere to them and we will all get along just fine. Cheers. :beer: Link to the rules: https://www.forumsforums.com/threads/forum-rules-info.2974/

Smashed

DaveNay

Klaatu barada nikto
SUPER Site Supporter
Hammered my left index finger yesterday with a 22oz framing hammer. Complete with the waffle grid. Still hurts like a sonofabitch. Swollen pretty good too from the first joint to the end. Should I go to the doc and have the nail drilled and drained?

BoneheadNW

I have done it myself, never had a doc do it. Just get a thin needle, heat it, and start drilling in the middle of the blood clot under the nail. You will probably have to heat it a few times. Sounds worse than it is- if I can do it, you can (blood does not bother me, unless it's my own).
Bonehead

DaveNay

Klaatu barada nikto
SUPER Site Supporter

Attachments

• 102107_21551.jpg
    102107_21551.jpg
    68.4 KB · Views: 186

Snowcat Operations

SUPER Site Supporter
Go get the smallest drill bit you have. Then clean it and your finger with alcohol after you have washed both with soap and water. Let dry and simply use two fingers and spin the bit back and forth (left right left right) you get the idea. Then as soon as it drills through you will be about as happy as you can get! No more pain. No more throbing. No more pain. Keep the area nice and clean and let the blood drain out. Thats what the pressure is. I come from a family of Truckers and Carpenters. I have done this my self a couple of times and wouldnt wait 30 seconds after I did what you did to drill it out! I use a knife and work it back and forth. But a small drill bit is simple and clean. keep it clean!

Snowcat Operations

SUPER Site Supporter
A Doctor will also charge you and arm and a leg or maybe even a finger. Dont waste your money when you will do the same thing he will. EXCEPT he will go under the finger nail. Thats painful as hell and plugs up so you have to do it again. Nah from the top is the way to go!

XeVfTEUtaAqJHTqq

Master of Distraction
Staff member
SUPER Site Supporter
The hot needle trick works well. It actually melts the fingernail.

That's nothing. You need to get us a better picture!

Snowcat Operations

SUPER Site Supporter
Oh yah forgot about that method. I remember my dad doing that to me after I slammed the truck door on my finger. I remeber the little smoke and the smell. LOL Oh the memories! lol

DaveNay

Klaatu barada nikto
SUPER Site Supporter
Go get the smallest drill bit you have. Then clean it and your finger with alcohol after you have washed both with soap and water. Let dry and simply use two fingers and spin the bit back and forth (left right left right) you get the idea. Then as soon as it drills through you will be about as happy as you can get! No more pain. No more throbing. No more pain. Keep the area nice and clean and let the blood drain out. Thats what the pressure is. I come from a family of Truckers and Carpenters. I have done this my self a couple of times and wouldnt wait 30 seconds after I did what you did to drill it out! I use a knife and work it back and forth. But a small drill bit is simple and clean. keep it clean!

:coolshade

1/32" bit and a whole bunch of hydrogen peroxide! Whooo hooo! Man did that thing squirt! I never knew finger nails are so thick!

Cityboy

Banned
Geeze, you guys are strange! :poke: But I guess it's not as bad as Sushi's zit squeezing video. :4_11_9:

And what's up with the Avatars? It looks like Snowcat Operations is talking to himself! :yum:

Wait a minute....Maybe SCO and Gatorboy are the same person! :4_11_9:

Last edited:

BoneheadNW

:coolshade

1/32" bit and a whole bunch of hydrogen peroxide! Whooo hooo! Man did that thing squirt! I never knew finger nails are so thick!
:applause: That wasn't so bad, eh? Now, we are going to take that hammer away from you until you learn how to use it correctly. Wait, you aren't my kid.....:pat:
Bone

DaveNay

Klaatu barada nikto
SUPER Site Supporter
Now, we are going to take that hammer away from you until you learn how to use it correctly.

I rarely use a hand hammer, I just haven't figured out how to hit the little hole on a joist hanger bracket with the framing nailer yet.