• Please be sure to read the rules and adhere to them. Some banned members have complained that they are not spammers. But they spammed us. Some even tried to redirect our members to other forums. Duh. Be smart. Read the rules and adhere to them and we will all get along just fine. Cheers. :beer: Link to the rules: https://www.forumsforums.com/threads/forum-rules-info.2974/

just editing some posts here

fleamailman

repost from elsewhere

the goblin was thinking of the glaciers that push down from the mountain tops, and liking them to various factions in history that have vied with one another until only this one seemingly stable present day glacier remains, "...two factors then, make up man's history for me, they are power and authority..." ventured the goblin, understanding that there are countless examples where power alone has failed to become any resulting authority, and where authority has come about seemingly without power, the goblin continued "...oh, it is so easy to see how power works, but authority my dear humans is more subtle as it works on gradual change to the status quo to its own advantage while feeding us with distractions and fears, authority is our acceptance of it and we are bonded to it, in that where there is no authority things simply fall into anarchism, a power struggle and then back to some authority once more...", the goblin was only pointing out here that to understand the workings of history, this society, or even where one fits into this situation then, one has to ask oneself where is the authority in this

826e6ee2a07d2512c35556408030bd42e8b.jpg

fleamailman

repost from elsewhere,

the goblin thanked the poster but felt his goblin persona here was hardly any worse than that other mask he wore in dailylife, and far better than all that loneliness that most old people suffered for their being old then, something usually interpreted as what then, their being stubborn, ugly, cantankerous, unclean, etc., amongst other adjectives so often voiced behind their backs, "...ah, but what if inside me I wasn't really that person in the mirror at all, what if it was just some external conditioning that had no truth beyond those social dictates placed upon one because either that was how one looked, or as expected for one's age, and no, I'm not saying that one should adapt to some fake teenage persona either, only that all to often that one sees the other extreme here, those people who go out of their way to mirror themselves on forumland, only to wonder why they don't attain that which they were looking for, the actual appreciation of the inner selves behind their outer ones...", at which point the goblin just sighed, feeling that his only real failing was that he couldn't repeat, in his dailylife too, this ageless changeless goblin persona now, but no, alas in dailylife the goblin remained simply whatever those around him viewed him as, just his externals each time, but that was always humans for you and ever such superficial creatures they were too

40531.jpg

42 91http://www.forumsforums.com/3_9/misc.php?do=whoposted&t=68805 654

fleamailman

repost from elsewhere

being anonymous the goblin wasn't sure if it was social networking as such, but he posted across dozens of forums daily, saying "...well, for me at least, facebook seems a writer's nightmare, something like "hi, my name is adolf, oh and guess what now, I hang out at walmats too, eat at mcdonalds where I do my internet, here's my photo then and all my dumb details too, the films I like, my PSP3 games then, oh, and take at look at this, the heavy metal tattoo on my bum, and my signed poster of bing crosby himself, aren't I amazing, oh please do accept me as I have enough superficial paraphernalia or whatever for you to like me now"...", where perhaps the first thing a writer should actually be, is free from all that crap, just honest to himself each time..." simply the goblin was saying, that whenever he had grown close to someone upon forumland, it had been solely on the merit of their words alone, for what else of them was really here now, for they were, until they appeared in real life that is, just as anonymous as the goblin was, quite unable to prove anything about themselves anyway

HeartagramHitler.jpg

fleamailman

repost from elsewhere, new, needs hewing

at least the curtains did their best to filter out the excess of sunlight, and much of that midday heat too, while inside the goblin sat opposite the senators somehow understanding that their togas were supposed to cut out any devision in class but that too was just another deception then, simply by now to be a senator meant to have the wealth and the backing of someone big, “...so how are you finding your time in rome goblin, the global superpower of our human world then, yes we're top dog today, moreover what with the civil war over it's prosperity all round the mediterranean sea...”, the goblin who didn't want to offend octavius offered a lifted hand with a smile, and then went “...but for how long though, I mean how many dictators have tried to run this republic to date, and what now then, I mean if you leave a vacuum of power like this, along will come the next strongman, yes, funny isn't it, you senators hate emperors yet obviously octavious you can't run an empire without one can you, I mean if you try to hold onto power like you uncle julius tried to but they won't stomach it, whereas if you do nothing the next strongman will just see you as a threat and eliminate you outright...”, “...ah no goblin, I've thought about that then, and that's why I'm going to resign letting them reinstate me as the power behind the senate, just becoming president in your modern day terminology under the new name of augustus, but to do that I'll have to change the law too, in that if for example I were to have one of my operatives break into my opponents premises, some snooping reporter might come along discovering my involvement, where the senate would then impeach me and I'd be forced to resign even if whoever comes next might pardon me, so no goblin, instead what I intend to do is simply change the law in the name of "national security" calling it the national defense authorization act, that way I'd be able use the state to do all my dirtywork for me, for example instead of using my henchmen to break into the "democratic national committee" building I would simply send in my CIA agents with a subpoena of information and then hold indefinitely anyone who I deemed needed it, waterboarding those I suspected, and even deleting those whom I felt to be my enemy then...", octavious looked straight into the goblin's eyes now, restarting "...and how about you goblin, are you an enemy of the state then, oh yes I'd be very careful what you post on forumland, after all, those proud days of that watergate scandal are a thing of some bygone past, where today this first amongst equals is not answerable to anyone...”

caesar.jpg

fleamailman

repost from elsewhere, new, the "writing an art of traditions" thread

"...nah, I don't think any writer who doesn't break form the norm at some point is ever going to be remembered..." replied the goblin, adding "...I mean which greats are we talking about here, and didn't they always seem so different from the norm around them and from what went before, beatles, van gogh, coleridge, and shakespeare all turned their medium upside down overnight, and today we have this forumland here up for grabs between us, where I could just conjecturise till the cows pushed up daisies, but instead I'd prefer to just get on with what I'm doing, why, because if you're reading these posts and conversing like this too, it means you're not reading a book again, so it's interaction today where posters/readers like yourself want to be in on the act now...", "...look, whatever you do goblin don't mention the word panto here...." advised the slot suspecting they wouldn't understand what forum interaction was, "...ok slot, how about I just go "oh no you can't humans MYAHAHAHAHA" instead then...", which was why the goblin felt that it best to attach a youtube stream to help you writertypes, and normal people alike, better understand the nature of forum interaction here, saying "...oh yes humans, you can thank me later if your so wish to do so..."

46c5228ajw1dwn2ll8rggj_zpsbacc72a3.jpg

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KAQhG59zqZc"]Call Me Maybe - Carly Rae Jepsen (Chatroulette Version) - YouTube[/ame]

fleamailman

repost from elsewhere,

"...well my parents are dead now where I guess that in part in miss the excuse I had back then to write to them..." mused the goblin who had written home often enough, continuing "...it was as if they were my very first edit thread, where there too, whatever I wrote just had to meet a benchmark that I held towards them, while amusing myself too, not least because I felt that somehow they would know when I wasn't for real...", where today too then, the context might have changed somewhat but in essence the goblin was still writing home even now, just trying to interest the reader in what interested him too, just keeping up the contact then, ever just these letters home still

imgp0019.jpg

fleamailman

repost from elsewhere

the goblin ventured "...if one is not "last" then one is "past", where the great thing about this game is the chance to post again...", the coffee kicked in so the goblin continued "...me, I am just happy that I still have that chance to post something wonderful, no, I might not post it today, nor tomorrow neither, just whenever then, for who knows what lies within oneself until one comes across it, but then again, one won't come across anything if one doesn't first try to post something truly of oneself each time..."

noah_artist.jpg

12 96http://www.forumsforums.com/3_9/misc.php?do=whoposted&t=68805 698

fleamailman

repost from elsewhere

geneva is a small place, and walking across from the bridge on a dull warm day, became the last time the goblin would ever meet him, his friend from denmark, the dane then, simply, it was while waiting for the homeward bus, the ensuing conversation between them had turned around to the moment where the dane just confided "...actually I don't want to go home tonight goblin, my life is sh*it and I'm in a real mess so I am going to a friend's...", the goblin replied "...look there's that AA place almost opposite from where you live, they'd listen and sort it out for you, well at least get some advice there then, and no one would know would they...", but what was happening to the dane now, somehow the goblin both knew and felt, wasn't the actual alcoholism, no, the dane was stalling his own life into a tailspin here, simply the dane was "ending it", and now while looking at the dane's face the goblin could see, or had recollections of, those others that the goblin had known, as ever hiding behind their uniform reassuring expressions as that "exit plan" was taking over inside them, so again the voice in back of the goblin's mind just went "...no, it's always the ones that never mention it by name...", as the goblin then watched the dane calmly cross the road before him as if walking out of this life too

Alone-3.jpg

fleamailman

repost from elsewhere

"the reason why one has to explain one another's explanations is that one cannot completely grasp the fact that he or she fails", said the gnome, laughing, "that is why so many people in this flattering world of today do not understand when they really do suck. That is the problem of the world of today".

the goblin felt the gnome had a valid point somewhat agreeing that the world of adults was one of accepted lies and flattery, then saying "...for when one actually knows the truth of it, often one doesn't want to rock to boat by pointing out the lie there, which could be one reason then, but also that one doesn't want to betray one's understanding neither, by giving that understanding away so to speak...", and yes, the goblin too, had played dumb often enough, adding "...you see, knowledge in itself is nothing but mere facts here, but actually understanding the consequences of that knowledge is the source of one's authority in either revealing it or hiding it, where it is this authority then that allows one, perhaps from seeing those failings of others then, to thus react accordingly with white lies of one's own...",

doyoutrust.jpg

49 98http://www.forumsforums.com/3_9/misc.php?do=whoposted&t=68805 713

fleamailman

repost from elsewhere

"...no, I never think of this thread as actually mine now, in that anyone can post here in the sense of it's being an edit thread, meant to be used for that purpose perhaps, though in practice it's thankfully more like some chat thread instead..." mentioned the goblin whose mind's was elsewhere now, more upon two bits of information today whose significance he vaguely understood yet whose consequences eluded him still, saying "...interesting times indeed, the chinese have now signed a bilateral currency swap agreement with switzerland, whereas the swiss for their part might end up holding a referendum in 2015 as to whether to peg 10% of their currency to gold..." but even so the goblin noted that much was odd with the world of late, then remarking "...the media coverage is so trivial today and faraway looking too that in the end one has no choice but to become one's own journalist in the credibility gap left by the media's absence, yet unbelievably the major media networks themselves can't seem to figure out why they are losing their viewerbase to this internet here...", where that old maxim of he who pays the piper calls the tunes could well be replaced by a newer maxim today that went only those who pay the piper remain to pay any attention to those tunes then

3338_8899_600.jpeg

Last edited:

mla2ofus

GOLD Site Supporter
Well, this is interesting. Out of 101 posts to this thread, 9 are not yours. You and the goblin must have a depressingly boring life to sit around and post all this. Do have a real job??
Mike

fleamailman

Well, this is interesting. Out of 101 posts to this thread, 9 are not yours. You and the goblin must have a depressingly boring life to sit around and post all this. Do have a real job?? Mike

("...and what is meant by a real job then..." inquired the goblin, thanking mla2ofus for his concern though, explaining "...if you mean am I working, well yes I am now, whereas you're asking whether I'll have that job tomorrow too, who knows then, so what is a real job where these days there is no job security left...", at which point the goblin thanked the humans for this wonderful forum with its very own "creative writing" section here, smiling "...I write because it's very conducive to my coffee drinking in the bistro, where I'm not fighting anyone, no I really do need to edit my posts now, and this spot is just perfect for it...")

repost from elsewhere,

“...so now, you would like to own a bank instead of actually working goblin, well that's a new one on me but I suppose in practice it's not too complicated a thing to do as long as you're well connected and remain in the shadows...” went the witchdoctor again, continuing “...first of all, you'll need to create your bank then, ah but in doing so you'll need borrow form your newly created bank itself the capital that you as yet don't have while accepting an interest free stimulus loan from the federal reserve, something which you straight off reloan it to the government at a higher interest rate, though any money then left over you can then relend to other governments for good measure, whereupon the federal reserve upon seeing that your bank is now toxic will then ask you to do a credit swap with them, meaning you'll swap your toxic bank debt for their newly printed treasury bonds in order to transfer the burden of that debt from you to the american taxpayer thus aiding the ongoing bank takeovers on the nation states, and lastly you'll need to make sure that ourdearmedia is in on the game so that they can continue to keep the sheeple entertained placated and distracted with anything other than what the banks are doing...”

ipybSptxq1TY.jpg

fleamailman

repost from the "what's your editing process" thread, new

"...basically, either I reply to a post, or come up with something to post, like everyone else here does I imagine..." mentioned the goblin, adding "...but then if I like what I have written I store it away elsewhere too, replacing any username or forumname with xxxxx or xxxxxforum in it place just to keep the work anonymous, after which, I then look around for a picture that either underscores or contrasts the work, and finally I repost the work again to a different forum's edit thread rewording it as I go along and ironing out those typos where spotted...", just that the goblin took his posting life seriously and understood that forumland was like a forest, where being a forest, if one didn't have some strong sense of direction within it one would soon lose one's way, those years would pass and many thousands of discarded posts later, one's being here would have meant absolutely nothing with nothing to show for it too, saying "...if one writes, one polishes one's texts and exacts one's ideas to oneself in doing so, storing the external result upon the forum itself and the internal lesson within one being as if on a journey to self here perhaps, but either way then, the time passes and the muse does not forgive those who discard their posts here, for their fate is well deserved..."

fantasy_mage_magic_elf_girl_woman_picture_image_digital_art_zps28afab5c.jpg

186 102http://www.forumsforums.com/3_9/misc.php?do=whoposted&t=68805 748

fleamailman

repost from elsewhere

Please tell me anything you know about or have heard about Queen Bodicca.
"...britain was mostly conquered during the reign of claudius, the event happened in the reign of nero, meaning that the territory was relatively newly settled, the tribes were to be incorporated into the roman system, but in typical roman style, repression leads to revolt leading to suppression slaughter and final appeasement, unintentionally perhaps, native tribes were progressively culled like this..." mentioned the goblin noting how this system might have worked and even flourished had it not been for the "haves" and "have nots" becoming too clearly segregated and odious too, so much so, that in ad 410 when one of these same settled tribes finally sank the system by their sacking its western capital rome, it was both the slaves and the poor of rome itself who actually opened the gates welcoming them in and the end of thing with it, in fact, the freefall that followed from that point was called "the dark ages" but it was more like regionalism

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Gaius_Suetonius_Paulinus

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Claudius

pescanisatpretvorenukulu.jpg

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lXGGm4GQAq4"]Fall of Rome vs Failure of American Politics, Economy pt 1 - YouTube[/ame]

fleamailman

repost from elsewhere, new, the "I have been hitting my ketchup bottle for 1 hour now and cant get any on my ice cream" thread

What am I doing wrong?
"...nothing wrong at all, my dear friend..." went the goblin welcoming him back from the brink of sanity, continuing "...but then again, clearly as of yet, you haven't contacted those homeland security people to report your suspicious activity here, in that although pouring ketchup upon ice cream is not a misdemeanor in itself, it's hardly normal neither, and thus by being abnormal in the absence of normalcy, it becomes highly suspicious of you doesn't it, perhaps containing hidden subliminal messages for as of yet unknown terrorist activities elsewhere...", just that the goblin was building up the the idea that xxxxx, in his wish to aid those homeland security people could offer his icecream to judge napolitano at this point thus keeping america safe from subversion as in this apparent type of suspicious activity, going "...now hands up all those in agreement with me..."

napolitano26n-1-web.jpg

210 104 771

fleamailman

repost from elsewhere,

"...oh yes, there's always one in one's schooldays isn't there..." continuing "...that too thin quiet child who's always coughing and out of breath in the school yard at playtime..." said the goblin remembering him now, repeating it then "...just one more kid from younger another class now, looking smaller still though, and quiet, reserved, nothing much, except for that open-secret about him...", the goblin thought back for a moment and then continued "...no, in school you could be fat, ugly, or whatever and still get teased for it, but this was different, no one said a word out of place, except that he was out of place or more exactly out of time, and then, after a while he didn't show up in the playground anymore, and the rumor went around that he was in hospital again, till that morning, where gathered at assembly, we were told that he is no longer with us...", and the goblin would have forgotten all this still, if a picture hadn't suddenly reminded him of it, concluding "...and what snakes and ladders all these pictures searches become, just that the illustrator's eye enhances associations and flashbacks that one had all but forgotten..."

animatrix-beyond_zpsf387efa7.jpg

89 105http://www.forumsforums.com/3_9/misc.php?do=whoposted&t=68805 789

fleamailman

repost from elsewhere

it's that time of year, so the goblin has been thinking about christmas again, and how in this modern age it just didn't seem politically correct anymore, where non-christians think of it is too christian, and where christians think of it as too pagan now, no what the goblin wanted to offer here something else, something new in fact, "...well folks, it's time for the all new "politically correct" name-change then..." ventured the goblin "...so what we need is something historical to celebrate in its place that is both secular and well known..." the goblin continued "...well how about celebrating the discovery on the new world by christopher columbus in 1492...", in fact, the goblin had only suggested this imagining that there were probably some people in america who were aware of it, explaining "...all rather simple, we take the his name and shorten it, "chis" of christopher and "bus" of columbus...", and with that the felt he had done his good deed of the day and now only wanted to be the first to say on this thread "...merry chrisbus everybody..."

santa_space.jpg

fleamailman

("...wow, 800hits already..." went the goblin highly appreciative too, adding "...so now humans, would any one of you care to wager against me here, a simple wager indeed, one that if this thread is left running it will make 10,000hits before christmas, and no, I don't think I'll win that wager neither, just that by how much is what interests me...", whereupon the goblin remaining a friendly as possible posted another, the fact that he needed to edit his posts was the truth of it, and where better than in a "creative writings" section)

repost from elsewhere

"...well, to claim some belief to be the truth is folly mortals..." repeated the goblin, continuing "...it's as if one is just trying to convince oneself of something one doesn't really know then, and that somehow to believe in it will curry favor with some divinity to which that belief belongs to, will it, prove it, one can't, why, because at the end of the day, whatever one says to oneself, one still doesn't know for sure, one only believes it...", and with that the goblin couldn't remember how many times he had faced this point in his understanding then, it was as if all he could actually go on was "what he knew" and "what he could know", so knowing had to come from here then, facing one's beliefs through doubt, "...look, to know oneself on the outside, one simply has to reflect upon one's actions, but how does one get to know oneself on the inside I wonder, well isn't that where one's posting comes into focus and what those posts reflect of one here...", which was the point where the voice inside him seemed to go "...so, what do your posts tell you about yourself then goblin...", "...only that life ever this journey to self while there's still time, yes that's all that they ever tell me..."

secondtry.jpg

fleamailman

repost from elsewhere, the woman's interests "last post" thread

"...of course a man will jump into the burning building, or the coldest of seas, to rescue you, just like he will fight for those he loves, and for whatever he feels to be right too, and even die for that which his reason tells him that he must do so, only that this sentiment has nothing to do with "love" per se, no, the sentiment is towards his own benchmark of "death" and his altruistic deathwish thereof..." the goblin explained it by saying "...are not war, exploration, self sacrifice, and adventure, in part if not all, based on a man's benchmark of death here, where living on without pride is not the default benchmark of a man, no, somewhere within him is this deathwish that tells him, that to die for something is in itself a release from that self doubt and self condemnation at having to "live on", yes, to actually die for something becomes the vindication to himself or a veneration towards it, simply he will always go back into those flames, that sea, etc., if left to his own choice, so the roll of society in general, and his family too, has been to keep him out of harm's way, as if diverting his attention, appeasing his ego, etc., for otherwise, if left alone his feelings of inadequacy towards himself or his lot takes over, in short, a man needs a reason to "live on" here, meaning that to live isn't the default "on" as one might expect, no, the default in an average man is actually set to "off" as in must die for it or I'm not a man, where simply the opportunity was constantly denied to him...", in fact, wherever the goblin looked now, he saw this default "off" working in practice, unmentioned, unacceptable even, but all so evident when one could recognize its features, just the romance of death is ever that man's default "off" within him

nuvole.jpg

60 108 800

fleamailman

repost from elsewhere, the lupusbot's "last post" thread

Goblin.. please excuse my absence... I need someone to rub my neck and shoulders. But that's a BIG problem. I now live alone and my hands can't rub it for me where I need it. It hurts to type today..... But I can READ!

"...nothing changes xxxxx, I'm still here to steal your courage and feed you as before, and please don't think that you have to say anything in return, except that when you do post, that moment you'll see that I am listening, oh and how I am listening too, simply where else on the whole of forumland am I actually going to get a post from a lupusbot, and what could possibly equate to one I wonder...", in fact, to someone anonymous, there was no fame nor fortune, there was only this journey together where the goblin would make the running now, saying "...silly you, you'll never get rid of me now, on with our show then, but between us I am not the hero here..."

c95f.jpg

fleamailman

repost from elsewhere, talking of a past event again

"...true isn't it, how often one forgets that one is in this for oneself alone here, and how often too, one just falls into some subplot instead, forgetting that the real plot is "to create those posts while one still can"..." mentioned the goblin who had just walked away from a forum where his posts had being edited, because the goblin's thinking never changed really, simply where edited, leave off posting, for it will only happen again for the next reason too, until all the members on that forum become permitted clones of some superimposed norm, "...well I for one, am nobody's clone here, where I believe none of my posts ever show malice towards anyone, so that admin there can keep those posting perimeters for those who adapt to them then..." but a livewriter had only a short span to journey across forumland in, thus the goblin had to be true to himself throughout, his selfishness then, but at the same time he also not beholden to anyone, administration included, as he had all forumland to choose from still, and lastly, if it turned out in the end that the goblin couldn't walk away from his own posts then clearly those posts would own him still

bad_GNOME_11.jpg

101 110http://www.forumsforums.com/3_9/misc.php?do=whoposted&t=68805 810

fleamailman

repost from elsewhere, upon his mother's entering merlin's cave

readying for his return to geneva, the goblin had said goodbye to his failing mother once more, and yet again the goblin was thinking here that the older one gets the more that word "goodbye" has weight to it, for his room in this old house was quiet and barely unchanged since the last time he had visited, simply it's silence reflected the absence of it's owner now, and although the goblin could easily play some music, or watch television then, somehow it just seemed neither right nor sincere at this slow passing moment to do so

scaledphpserver526filenamepicturecontentpid1661e0bk9.jpg

fleamailman

repost from elsewhere

in fact, the goblin didn't really know how to judge whether his day was wasted then, well not in the way most humans could, where if the goblin did all that he should be doing he was simply be doing what his dailylife expected from him anyway, which was not what he himself really wanted to do now, whereas if instead he actually did what he wanted to do, then those things that dailylife demanded of him would just pile up again, so he compromised himself to both, doing both slot's and dailylife's demands in turn, "...but at least by each post I do I prove to myself that I was trying for something beyond my dailylife now..." said the goblin in the bistro of a cold winter's morning, knowing too, that nothing and no one was evrer asking him to try, continuing "...ah no, there was never really any starting point on this journey to self here, just some realization along the way perhaps that it's a shared life between that which is inside and that which is around one too, and that life is too short to be throwing one's days away without reflection on paper..."

i-have-measured-out-my-life-with-coffee-spoons-8x6_zpsebab9117.jpg

fleamailman

repost from elsewhere

the goblin had now understood, that almost all computer problems find their origin seated between a keyboard and a chair, so he turned his thoughts and eyes elsewhere in this "cybercafe bistro" with some of its computer screens set high against the far wall, where too, the goblin on looking up, sees the muted television screen showing some obese girl being reduced to the size she wants, the same channel that show cars pimped to something fabulous, and rock stars who live in palaces, "...get behind me television..." he simply retorts as the goblin moves himself around to the other side of the table now

tv_turn_off2.jpg

fleamailman

repost from elsewhere

the goblin thanked everyone for reading or posting on here, though his mood was too pensive to offer much in return, it was as if the goblin was once more back in the court of the moneygod being asked "...so goblin if you had one wish what would it be, name your price, I mean, you have a price don't you, most people here do have at least something they want then..." smiled the knowing moneygod as he stretched out his open arms in a big wave around him across those endless lines of items on offer "...anything then goblin, you name your price and then I'll name mine, it's that simple...", the goblin thought about it but then said "...no, I just want to be creative...", "...ah another bloody fool who thinks happiness can't be bought, simply you want to be "happy" then I take it, yes a happy little goblin in a happy life..." laughed the mocking moneygod sitting back in his chair now looking at the goblin, as the goblin had to laugh at himself too "...agreed I must be mad then, for I don't want happiness neither, I mean if you were to ask me to swap my past tears and my pain, all my sadness, anger, passion, of loves broken or otherwise, these long goodbyes of people, and places too, both going or gone, I wouldn't swap them then, and what's more I never will neither, I am simply not cheap to their memory as those memories are all I have of me now, that's all...", which was the point the casher told the goblin to put the groceries back into the cart because the people behind him in the queue were waiting, "...sorry I was somewhere else..." apologized the goblin as the supermarket reality mercilessly entrapped him once more into his dailylife

Ryuk_in_the_Supermarket_by_xaruelri.jpg

3 114http://www.forumsforums.com/3_9/misc.php?do=whoposted&t=68805 824

fleamailman

repost from elsewhere

I'm glad you liked it. It brought tears to my eyes.
"...I cried too..." replied the goblin, adding "...but I guess, what with you're nam-vet background, all would have been far clearer to you, where you knew well that for some families, who weren't shown in that video then, that the outcome was so tragically different, simply, most viewers from civistreet haven't got a clue what soldiers and their families go through each time, no they only see media coverage of warzones, where they don't get to realize that the soldier they're viewing on the screen is actually a man with his family, no, they just see media spin instead, action packed excitement, whatever, but not the real context of it...", and with that, the goblin then pinched the video, saying "...ah, but we're not to be trusted anyway, though you know me by now, I can't resist anything beautiful when I've eyed it..."

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hkGzqpGx1KU"]The Best Surprise Military Homecomings: PART 1 - YouTube[/ame]

15see3371.jpg

fleamailman

repost from elsewhere, the "how did you find this forum" thread

the goblin here, had to confess that he had landed here from elsewhere, saying "...well, I can't for the life of me understand it then, I mean I set the coordinates for "intellectually awe inspiring writer's forum for old farts please" and just landed up here instead, oh well mishaps do happen I suppose..."

tardis.jpg

fleamailman

repost from elsewhere

Ah...But is Iraq, or Iran for that matter, waiting for the US to get out, or are they waiting for us to get out and for them to get in...?
"...yes but where's the choice here, since america can ill afford to stay there indefinitely, so the longer it lingers the easier it is for iran or for others then, as those bombs that further fervor unrest are neither difficult to make nor expensive to sponsor..." mentioned the goblin, adding a proviso "...but for iran too, iraq is clearly a "can of worms", where it might gain control over the shia area alone, but would the sunnis or the kurds warm to them I wonder, where on the alfghanistan side too, they once massed their troops against the taliban in a warning before but backed down knowing that the place was quite ungovernable..." continuing "...whereas america, for its part, can't deliver within either of these theaters now, it can only further place itself in the firing line, where this evident crippling daily cost of distant military engagement, in view of the fact that one in ten americans on foodstamps, and one in ten dollars services its debt here, and worse, where the specter of longterm demoralization of its troops, ignominious final pullouts, and general resentment, all adds up to a scenario america can ill afford to endure here...", simply, it was as if the lion could no longer defend his prey, so the hyenas, jackals, and vultures all waited their turn for him to move on back to his main job of defending his pride form the other lions closer to home

Kingofbeasts.jpg

Kane

repost from elsewhere, the "how did you find this forum" thread

the goblin here, had to confess that he had landed here from elsewhere, saying "...well, I can't for the life of me understand it then, I mean I set the coordinates for "intellectually awe inspiring writer's forum for old farts please" and just landed up here instead, oh well mishaps do happen I suppose..."
Alas, poor goblin. Such a prolific poster, left talking to himself, wondering if it's time to move along or if he'll even be missed.

Yes. And no.

fleamailman

Alas, poor goblin. Such a prolific poster, left talking to himself, wondering if it's time to move along or if he'll even be missed. Yes. And no.

"...naah, to be honest that wonder was more like when was this forum going to come back online again..." ventured the goblin, thanking Kane and fearing the worse too, then thinking that now would be a good time to come to the aid of his friends across the pond there, saying "...so here you go then, I've consulted with the red cross here in geneva who have suggested that I start a program on your behalf, yet I was wondering if you would care to help me with the wording of the appeal then, something like hello, first I would like to this opportunity to wish you seasonal greeting seeing that in a few months from now it will be christmas once more, where no doubt you'll be with friends and family eating and drinking, but where there's another side to christmas too, the one of kindness and generosity toward those less fortunate than yourself, and yes it's hard in these festive times to think that there is actually another world out there, but yes there is one, and it's very real indeed, and it sorely needs your help now, where I'm sure you have heard about the plight of your cousins the americans of late, where images of shantytowns and barefoot children can no longer be ignored, tragic isn't it, but no, you can make all the difference here, yes just 20swiss francs a day can change the future of the likes of Kane living in abject misery, or luvs if you prefer to foster a girl instead, so what say you, I mean they really do need your help, thank you for reading this now and god bless you now, to which the goblin felt that he had done his good deed of the day, saying "...surely they can't doubt my wish to support their forum now..."

photo283-620x400.jpg

Last edited: