• Please be sure to read the rules and adhere to them. Some banned members have complained that they are not spammers. But they spammed us. Some even tried to redirect our members to other forums. Duh. Be smart. Read the rules and adhere to them and we will all get along just fine. Cheers. :beer: Link to the rules: https://www.forumsforums.com/threads/forum-rules-info.2974/

BR100+ Question

old yeller

I've been driving our machine with a drag on it to groom ATV trails we have here in New Brunswick. Now one of the fellows thought the cab was too cold a year or so back and decided that the rad fan was on backwards. Wow I just about cooked in the cab, this can't be right I would think it should be blowing air out the rear of the hood, can anyone confirm this ?? It would also I belive make it run poorly with all the hot air going in the intake instead of cooler air.

brianf

all the air from the engine should be going out back ,not toward the cab.maybe your heater core is plugged,I have never been in a br 100 or bombi that you did not have to open a window to let some heat out.

old yeller

Thanks brian. No the fan was put on the unit backwards so it is sucking the air in the back which I also thought was not right because of all the snow dust. I will have to get the heater core checked but it does pump out the heat. I will also be looking at installing an electric rad fan kit, or hit the junkyard. thanks again

mtncrawler

Bronze Member
GOLD Site Supporter
I think the fan would move air in the same direction whichever way it was installed.

MNoutdoors RIP

Gone But Not Forgotten
GOLD Site Supporter
I think the fan would move air in the same direction whichever way it was installed.

You are exactly right you can flip the fan around and it will still move air the same way it was. You have to actually get a fan with reverse pitch to change the flow. and the BR-100,or BR-100plus,Bombi all blow air out the back.....
:thumb: