• Please be sure to read the rules and adhere to them. Some banned members have complained that they are not spammers. But they spammed us. Some even tried to redirect our members to other forums. Duh. Be smart. Read the rules and adhere to them and we will all get along just fine. Cheers. :beer: Link to the rules: https://www.forumsforums.com/threads/forum-rules-info.2974/

Thiokol 1200A thottle cable broke....

steward

Hello, I'm new to this forum but was hoping to get some advice on where or if I can find a replacement thottle cable....I am going to try to replace the cable using the original ends but don't know if it will work.....any help would be appreciated.....Thanks, Steward

steward

steward

Dr. Zaugg.....I have cut the eyelet ends (they appear to be stainless) from the old 1/8" cable, I will try to braze new cable to them. I tried to attach a photo of the ends (one is adjustable, one fixed) but I am a computer idiot and failed....the approx. length is 78" with the adjustable end in the shortened position. Could you describe or attach a picture of what you have? Thanks for your help.....Steward

Blackfoot Tucker

GOLD Site Supporter
An option if Dr. Zaugg can't fix you up is Six States Distributors in SLC. They are a Cablecraft dealer and make various custom cables. I've had several made there at very reasonable prices. The fellow you want to talk to is John Williams; super knowledgeable and helpful.

Good Luck.

steward

Thanks Blackfoot Tucker.....good to have options.....does Tucker refer to the snowcat? I also have a 1950 Tucker that I need to replace the flywheel (broken teeth).....Steward