• Please be sure to read the rules and adhere to them. Some banned members have complained that they are not spammers. But they spammed us. Some even tried to redirect our members to other forums. Duh. Be smart. Read the rules and adhere to them and we will all get along just fine. Cheers. :beer: Link to the rules: https://www.forumsforums.com/threads/forum-rules-info.2974/

just editing some posts here

fleamailman

("...on with the show then..." smiled the goblin)

repost from elsewhere, the lupusbot's "last post" thread

thanking the lupusqueen for her post the goblin just gave her that same old assurance once more, that his undeniable selfishness would keep him posting on on her forum right up to the last, saying "...no, I just want to be a winner, with winners too, for those who face their day and post on in spite of it, me, you, well just whoever then, and for someone who posts on in spite of their dailylife is definitely a winner in my view, yes they might win against me too but mostly they're winning against themselves here, so do you remember what I wrote that line life's angels are not there to be nice, they're there to help one shine in their reflection, just reflect brightly as possible now, show me how right I am to have that faith in you too, and let's continue down this thread together then...", where the goblin, for all his faults, was almost as faithful as he was selfish, so much so in fact that he doubted that he could really ever stop posting here, simply it would continue and go wherever his thoughts would take him but where could one not go in posts if one set one's mind to it

tumblr_lfr42y6v101qcjp3go1_500.jpg

fleamailman

repost from elsewhere

the goblin was wondering if hedes hadn't somehow released the cerberus from its underworld, and if this really was a cerberus that the goblin was facing now, and which one of those three ferocious heads would actually devour him too, oh yes, he recognized them alright, there was the european malaise with its insatiable debt hunger now, the american default with its end of empire policies, and lastly, the one the goblin feared the most here, the onward awakening of the tectonic plates, "...now the jaws of either one of these heads alone would have been alarming enough, but to have all three together today, well I am beyond alarm it seems..." mentioned the goblin, but the cerberus was in no rush it seemed, instead, it was just biding its time as if savoring its prey once more, where the goblin for his part just read into its contours its majesty again in its approach, saying "...at least I saw you coming beast, you'll give me credit for that then, I wasn't fooled by ourdearmedia's petty distractions..."

cerberus_by_victoria_poloniae.jpg

Last edited:

Galvatron

Spock and Galvatron < one and the same
The editing of posts here on FF i find odd,all it does undermine the edit option time out feature and make a mess of the forum with duplicate posts.

Would Picasso want his brush strokes fucked about with?????

Kane

Kindly note that the fleaman (or goblin, whatever) is on at least a dozen other forum sites, so dropping off this backwoods sno-machine venue shouldn't cramp his (or her) style in the least. Won't be missed. It's puzzling how the fleaman found this obscure little site in the first place.

In any event, fleaman, your count will be woefully short of your predictions come Christmas. And be assured that those poor folks that inadvertently click on this thread do not actually read your posts. They may try, and try as they might, anyone unfortunate enough to actually read one of your posts -- from start to finish -- should be commended. Such interminable suffering shouldn't be imparted upon any soul for the mere mistake of clicking one's mouse on the wrong icon. A painful lesson, indeed.

Alas, in the savage world of the modern internet, it is impossible to "unclick". Dang. So many of us wish we could.

fleamailman

the goblin smiled back thanking everyone for their concern once more, saying "...no, you are absolutely right then, and thus the wager ends on christmas day too, whereupon what happens to these posts up to or after that point is of no consequence really, yet because of the fragile nature of forumland it's always best not to have all one's posts on any one forum anyway...", in fact, the comments hadn't changed and only made it easier still, adding "...not that you're asking I know but the point in reposting them was that I was able to edit them more to my liking than how the originals now, where I started this thread in august and have done 103 pages of 225 pages, with a month to go still I guess, and since you seen to have no questions, I'll let you get on with ignoring me or wishing me on my way now while I sort this stuff some more..."

nq5hj.png

fleamailman

("...yay, I can't keep up with my email inbox tonight..." noted the goblin feeling this sure beats being old then)

repost from elsewhere, a livewriter's meet up

"Tell me, dearest goblin, what are you truly under your mask of lively-hood?"
"...behind, I am as you read me now, that's why I like this realm of livewriting so..." replied the goblin seeing xxxxx's post again, adding "...where one reads to feed and feeds to read and is uplifted by it...", in fact, the goblin could surf hundreds of forums at this point yet those who actually wrote in their posts were so few in number that they seemed almost like coming across a gem on a beach, adding "...so perhaps in answer then, I am whatever is reflected by my posts here, where the new-post notifications are the lifeblood of a forum perhaps, but if that is really so, then let me borrow the words of horace Quae caret ora cruore nostro? meaning for what coast does not know of our blood then, for yet together we might conquer this forumland here that our blood might flow through these threads yet..."

sad.jpg

fleamailman

repost from elsewhere,

Is traditional publishing dead?
"...not sure, but various things do seem obvious though..." replied the goblin now, continuing "...first, put yourself in the shoes of the readers here, given the choice between reading a book or meeting the author on-line, given the choice of paying for that book or just reading something for free here, given the choice between only reading the book or being able to reply with comments and questions..." the goblin paused, sipped his morning coffee once more, and then continued "...ah, but now put yourself in the author's shoes, given the choice between a declining physical book market or a growing internet one, given the choice between the constraints of that publishing world or the freedom of forumland, given the choice between not knowing one's true readership or simply looking a one's hitcount here, the choice between a slowly declining book writing model against an ever growing livewriting one....", in fact, the goblin felt that few people had the time to read at length these days, he himself had no published books, wrote badly, and was a dyslexic to boot, but he simply had one thing going for him perhaps, in that whereas most writers kept their best stuff for their blogs and books, the goblin tried to write within the posts themselves, little wonder then why a livewriter's hitcount was what it was

23924bd1.jpg

pirate_girl

legendary ⚓
GOLD Site Supporter
So let me see if I can understand this.
What you do is browse various forums all over the internet, then choose which forum in which to post your 'take' on those posts, not directly saying which forum, or whose post you are replying to?
Then you find a photo to add at the bottom of each post to drive the point home?

May I?

... "post from here, says, the pirate to the goblin. the pirate has read many of your posts, and was thus amused a time or three. how shall we compare thee? to a summer's day? nay, I say.
the pirate looks forward to further musings and such, tho not much. 'tis a choice of noble bent on intent, or to vent, with time well spent?"

101<<< :yum:

fleamailman

"...yes, there you have it there in a nutshell my dear pirate..." replied the goblin both thanking the pirate for her best post to date, and realizing too that had he not done this landing here, then perhaps their paths would not have crossed for his not having a snowmobile at hard, sighing "...alas, if I where ever to tie myself to forum topic I would be reduced to posting on those forums dedicated solely towards goblin now, of which there doesn't seem to be many I note...", the day had just opened now, yet the heavens had beaten the day to it again, and now out into the wet morning's retreating darkness a lone goblin was set to trek across those damp streets again for those much needed supplies from the grocery store, adding "...ah, but I fear I will be waylaid by ghosts of the past on the way, who will no doubt like sirens then entice me towards their bistro with irresistible thoughts of finely filtered coffee to an open adventurous sea of forumland here, yes, can anyone resist such temptation I wonder, and do I not have your sympathy for this predicament that you now find me under, your thoughts if any please..."

5f3rlj.jpg

fleamailman

repost from elsewhere, the "how did you find this forum" thread

the goblin here, had to confess that he had landed here from elsewhere, saying "...well, I can't for the life of me understand it then, I mean I set the coordinates for "intellectually awe inspiring writer's forum for old farts please" and just landed up here instead, oh well mishaps do happen I suppose..."

tardis.jpg

fleamailman

repost from elsewhere

"...how the gods punish us with what we want..." lamented the goblin who, having closed the lid, had simply placed the laptop on the bathroom toilet, attaching the plug into the shaving socket to be safe, setting the ripped flv stream to play "the clash of the titans", whereupon, undressing, he slowly enters into the hot awaiting bath, thinking heaven held no secrets now as both the film and pleasurable hot water worked to sensuous effect on the then happy goblin, till he then explained "...well I was happy at that point, only I had forgotten one minor detail here, which is that water to all intents and purposes is actually wet...", a couple of hours later a now waterlogged goblin is sitting on the cold bathroom floor waiting for the film to end, where no doubt the gods were looking down laughing their heads off

129169226206744774.jpg

fleamailman

repost from elsewhere

I don't get the need for the animation or the prose...but Welcome nonetheless

the goblin quickly thanked the poster and then thought upon the comment, "...yes but I imagine that you do want to get the most from your posts human, therefore narrating and illustrating are two very important things to learn here, no, perhaps not for that publishing world, but more importantly actually as something for yourself instead..." replied the goblin as a friend would, adding "...you see, I am old and have met many of you humans in my time, and the first thing that draws me to someone is not the pretense of all that published stuff elsewhere, but just how they do their posts in front of my eyes..." in fact, that goblin often felt that most writers, whose assumed ability meant that they should be able to do amazing posts, actually did posts that showed nothing of their writing prowess, repeating "...look, no one can teach you how to write in these posts here, nor about narration, illustration and the like, why, because it's all new and something only gained by the practice of it, where I hope you'll agree that forumland for its community is taking over from those individual blogs, and that a well thought out persona is crucial to getting readers to see you amongst the many other writers here...", "...no, don't you listen to him xxxxx, that goblin is quite mad and just an attention seeker..." voiced the chorus of disapproval in the background, "...ah yes, but aren't those the very qualities that qualifies me most for my being upon forumland today, for what else would you expect from someone who is out to get the most form his posts..." replied the goblin silencing those voices with a smile, then asking "...so how about you now, do you still see no need for them then..."

fist-bump.jpg

fleamailman

repost from elsewhere, just cleaning it up here

There isn't two situations of employment, there are 3, they're being 1.Employed 2. Unemployed and now 3. Self Employed.

"...no, there are 5, you forgot slavery and surfdom there, where for example private corporations need a quota of inmates to produce stuff that they sell onto the market, slavery pure and simple..." mentioned the goblin, quickly adding "...but as its feet turn to clay the empire increasingly invent new laws to increase their slavepower pool while filling their coffers by fines too, where for example someone can be sent to prison for feeding the homeless, but where if the five main banks openly admit to their defrauding the libor, or london interbank offered rate, they only get a fine of 3billion dollars between them...", where to put this into prospective here, of the five central banks the sum total assets of jp morgan alone is worth 1trillon, thus 3billion of 1trillion is 0.003% then, while of course ourdearmedia plays dead and dumb again, adding "...just both slavery, and serfdom then, are yet more signs of an end of empire here..."

xbfzn7.jpg

fleamailman

("...edit anything you like, that's what I always do here..." went the goblin wondering if there was no love lost between Galvatron and tax man now, adding "...watch this space then to find out...")

repost from elsewhere

Consider a tale of three people. A boy and his two friends. One of his friends lies about the other. Which option does he take; be loyal to the first and say nothing, be loyal to the second and warn him, or let it pass without taking a side?

"...ah now, dailylife is too complicated to make any clear cut decisions outside the individual context here, so it's always case by case then..." replied the goblin, somewhat reminded of machiavelli's line the fox is eaten by the wolves, where the lion falls into traps, where obviously one doesn't want to look unscrupulous like the fox on the one hand, nor gullible like the lion on the other hand, adding "...perhaps then when the prince gives his word about something, as machiavelli put forward in his conjecture, the prince's work must seem to be trustworthy but not stupidly so, simply it must be a word that earns him respect, falling neither into the trap of the lion nor falling the distrust on the fox...", and then the goblin turned to one other point within the case, saying "...if you point out something, then others will then see that you know it, where their next deception might become harder to discern, and where clearly the system propped up by ourdeamedia never stops trying to deceive one, so one has to think carefully before letting on that one can actually discern the truth of behind their spin, so in final answer to your question, perhaps I would play dumb till I had no choice about it.."

BushSalute.jpg

fleamailman

repost from elsewhere

"...ah but that's the fun of forumland with more sites than stars in the night's sky..." mentioned the goblin now, continuing "...simply one posts for oneself always, hoping that one is on the same wavelength as the others around one, but everyone has something that they won't compromise, and mine is this sincerity to what I do, and where life is just too short to fake it anyway...", in fact, the goblin never tagged threads, no each post had to merit its posting to him, where each text within that post had to meet his own benchmark of self here, and where each picture had to dress well its text now, and that each forum/venue had to inspire one to create posts upon it too, and then the goblin laughed at himself saying "...oh how I fail when I even try, perhaps I fail in other people's eyes anyway, but I'll never stop trying for myself at least, for none of us are what we have written for who would like to think of themselves in that past tense then, no the difference between anonymous peter pan who never stops and a known wendy who is crushed by those externals again..."

Peter_Pan_004.jpg

fleamailman

repost from elsewhere

"...bravo, so you've done a background check about me I take it, where yes this post, like all the other posts too will become a repost no doubt, much as the title states then, for this is how I work in an air/edit/backup process today as an unknown livewriter who feeds readily off replies while both editing and offering his posts as bait to those who would care to bite, someone who creates a thread where anyone can post their stuff to too, as in some round table between us, something communal from seeing how that blogstyle seems so outdated and divisive too..." ventured the goblin casually before continuing "...no, most all my posts come into being as a reply like this, written then mirrored away like the rest of them, saved away round about the point of posting...", clearly the goblin's final works were more exact for their reposting, and yet the goblin fell between two stools each time, one that he got accused that his best posts weren't here precisely because it had originated elsewhere, or conversely he was spamming because it came from elsewhere, thus he couldn't win he felt, and didn't care neither, concluding "...can't be helped, so forums/venues have their rules then, where I always do my best to cooperate right up until it's too detrimental to my aims to continue, where then one finds another forum/venue and restarts without hesitation, so there's no malice in my actions, just it has to be reciprocal to be sustainable, I mean why talk to those who are silent now..."

24d23baafad052420804c80a3b042584.jpg

fleamailman

repost from elsewhere

"...same boat for us all, only that to some of us it just seems more evident, that's all..." mentioned the goblin adding "...and besides, doesn't the truth always remain that no one has any more life than anyone else, so be selfish then, don't post without reason merely for appearences here, no, one's posts are like steps on a supposedly long journey to self where there is no choice nor scope for regret about it, only onwards then, where however long it was never enough time to begin with was it...", in fact, the goblin often wrote on the lupusbot site because they just seemed more real to him, so the goblin fell back upon that line he loved so much the angel is not there to be nice, she is there to show you to yourself though her reflection suspecting his duty was to remain vigilant throughout, sighing "...just because one doesn't have a say doesn't mean one shouldn't have a view, for one is no use to anyone if one turns up at heaven's gate clueless as to why one went through life..."

Day-of-the-Dead-1-950x564.jpg

fleamailman

repost from elsewhere, saying goodbye to someone leaving because of the ill that had been meted out to him by the other writers there

I wish you all the best and thank you for the blessings of your posts and sharing yourself here. You gave me much to think about.

in fact, the goblin knew by this that he had crossed paths with yet another angel, not that that was any big deal though, where many creatures, angels and demons alike, pretended to be humans in their dailylife only to reveal their true nature here on forumland, and where the angels were not always the nice ones either, simply good or bad they were just there to help one shine in their reflection so to speak, "...so you turned out to be one of those good meaning angels then..." the goblin ventured, then adding "...so what reflection will I note from our chance meeting here and this parting now...", and yes angels who, somewhat unlike those humans who were soon forgotten, always seemed to impart something unforgettable in their wake, adding "...have fortitude my friend, and keep in touch if you can, yet either way I'll remember you as the only one amongst all of them who befriended me here, where ever the action is the reward in itself is it not..."

KAREN99-R2-E039.jpg

fleamailman

repost from elsewhere

I'm in the lead, I'm in the lead!!! I'll edit this thread when I'm losing.

"...ah good, yet another hopeful moddy there..." went the goblin now, adding "...where I love these "last post" threads for the chance to post anything and thus win by it now, not that I will ever post just anything though, no, because it's all a reflection of self where the effort one puts into one's posts become the ingrained reward one gets out of doing this...", somehow the goblin's present revving coffee-fueled brain always seemed just that bit more imaginatively when faced by a greedy little slot like this, concluding "...ah no, one should never ever be that which one has written before, those sitting on their laurels previously published types there, for one's writings mustn't have that past tense to it, and besides too, I feel more alive and aware while I am still creating new posts each day now...", so the goblin's autopsy would probably read "death by posting abuse", yes but isn't that exactly what he would have wished for himself too

news-dead-happy-537x220.jpg

fleamailman

repost from elsewhere

You have offered the poster no help or advice whatsoever. All you have given is some philosophical rubbish. Just because you make a post does not make you a writer. And just because you answer a topic in an absurdly roundabout way does not make you helpful.

"...actually no, if one cares to read her post it's a call for encouragement, and what encourages better than their suddenly noticing that one can write directly within one's own posts without any of your formal writer's preconditions here, something that can then be tailored to anything else again, because it's just oneself and this forumland here today, where those main authors are dumping their publishers for direct publishing what with amazon selling more ebook readers than physical books, moreover, for someone to stumble across anyone's published works just millions more readers will turn up on this forumland to be authors/readers in their own right, in short then, far more people browse forumland at this point than either those blogs or ebooks there...", the goblin let it sink in hard and then continued “...but you know already I guess, but where we differ is that I am anonymously writing for myself alone, just another livewriter if you like, typically feeding to be feed, whereas you, as some set writer I imagine, are probably thinking more that writing is “churning out books and licking those boots chasing fame and fortune, etc., using that same old cobweb and mothballs process”, yet on forumland one is one's hitcount pure and simply, it's one's actual readership, so whereas today I already have threads with 100,000hits, and many more with 50000hits too, you presume to lecture me in your threadbare state about what is or isn't helpful towards writing when you have no forum readership whatsoever, a discrepancy that's like obvious, just your dwindling book sales against our growth of short interactive content, you see, writing actually has a much wider scope than your mere bookpeddling today, and no, I for one don't wish to follow you down yesterday's published path of stifling conformity, of groveling to publishers, and such evident diminishing returns too, as my many readers read my posts with a clear hitcount to prove it too, so please take forum readership more seriously in future...", whereupon the goblin went back to editing his posts for the real readership once more, for someone had to write for here if most writers were still doing their unread ebooks of yersterways by yestermeans, so he simply shouted out "...new horizons anybody perhaps your very own forumland here now..."

_74571506_friedrich.jpg