• Please be sure to read the rules and adhere to them. Some banned members have complained that they are not spammers. But they spammed us. Some even tried to redirect our members to other forums. Duh. Be smart. Read the rules and adhere to them and we will all get along just fine. Cheers. :beer: Link to the rules: https://www.forumsforums.com/threads/forum-rules-info.2974/

WTS: Snow Trac on Seattle Craigslist

cloudcap

GOLD Site Supporter
Saw this at http://seattle.craigslist.org/est/rvs/1532922818.html.

Caveat emptor -- I don't know the seller or anything more than what is in the ad.

Ron

==========================================

Snow cat built in Sweeden by SnowTrac. Aluminum body, very light. VW aircooled powered. Built in early 70's. Goes anywhere. Have original manuals and extra parts. 10,000lb flatbed trailer included.

Attachments

• 3k33p03lf5O75R95Sda11ce8e8d33661b1a52.jpg
    3k33p03lf5O75R95Sda11ce8e8d33661b1a52.jpg
    6 KB · Views: 986
  • 3kd3oe3l75O05Se5Rba11fc3e2ded67d01e20.jpg
    3kd3oe3l75O05Se5Rba11fc3e2ded67d01e20.jpg
    6.5 KB · Views: 985
  • 3n33k53of5O25R85S0a1176184e970183187b.jpg
    3n33k53of5O25R85S0a1176184e970183187b.jpg
    5.9 KB · Views: 982

Lyndon

Bronze Member
GOLD Site Supporter
Originally Owned and operated by the Prince Rupert Municipal Airport. The next owner was a realtor who had to give up the realty racket because of hart problems. He sold it to me, and had me smuggle a bombardiere Rotex powered 'one-man' hovercraft into Canada for him. As it turned out he was RCMP!. (would have made a great headline: Royal Canadian Mounted Police hires Pipeline Inspector to smuggle in Hovercraft)
After some fixing up I used a picture of it for an Add in Hemmings Motor News. Later Hemmings got one for their antique automobile Museum, along with a fairly trashed out Tucker Kitten. Both have since been sold when Hemmings Sold out a few years back.
The next owner was a developer who had a nice cabin near Snowqualmie pass where the first ST4 Owners Club Meet was held in 94. He later up-graded to a Thiokol and sold it to a nabor that needed it to get his family in and out of a remote cabin with a new born infant. The subsequent owner upgraded to a Truck with Matt Tracks and presumably sold it to the party that is now trying to sell it. I may still have a picture of it taken in Prince Rupert BC where it was originally Red. When the guy I sold it to bought it he had me paint it the Lime Green with the silver roof so that he could park it in the states equipment lot and it would be intentionally mistaken for being State of Washington Property so that it wouldn't get vandalized.
One would never have guessed that it had such a "Colorfull History"!

NorthernRedneck

GOLD Site Supporter
Um.....here's a thought. For the snowtrac registry, can we just hook up a few wires to Lyndon and connect them directly to a thread here?

Snowtrac Nome

member formerly known as dds
GOLD Site Supporter
it seems he also had owned the snow master my dad had bought from alyeska at one time too

Lyndon

Bronze Member
GOLD Site Supporter
I've only owned 13 Snow Trac's, 3 Trac Master's, and one Snow Master, but I've worked on a dozen more, and inspected about a hundred more in person and talked with their owners. That leaves about 2200 to go,.. Hmmmm, think I'll leave that up to the next generation.
Next to Cold Bay, and the FBI Trac Master this machine ranks #3 in interesting stories that it was part of.
A Canadian Trucker that hauled (4) Snow Trac's from Grand Prarie AB for me, told the owner of this machine about me(The RCMP guy), who originally called me up wanting a service manual. That led to the smuggling into canada of the Hovercraft. Later the head Mechanic from the Hemmings motor news Museum called me for a service manual when he saw my ad, perhaps the only ST4 ever to be advertised in Hemmings. This led to a complimentary free tour of their Museum in Vermont shortly before the sale of Hemmings to it's new owner. Both Cold Bay and this machine were used to service radio equipment at airports. In all I've seen at least 6 machines that were dedicated to this task. There are also pictures of this machine in some VW Magazines as I showed it for the owner at a vintage VW Meet. Between HOT VW's and VW Trends, and Hemmings Motor News this machine's picture has been published roughly 12 million times in Hot VW's, 2 Million copies of VW Trends, and I don't know the circulation of Hemmings Motor news but it's probably several million. My associates still refer to it by it's 4th owners name(Larry Blum).
As a consequence of all this, Hemmings Motor News gave away as a Christmas Card, a ST4 towing a Corvair. Quite a nice Xmass card, and collectable now! I don't know if anyone has posted it on the Forum, but when you see one you can relate to others : "How it came to be that the Hemmings Motor News XMass card has a Snow Trac on it"!
As Paul Harvey would say:"And now you know the rest of the story!"

Lyndon

Bronze Member
GOLD Site Supporter
In the Thread : "It's a Suprise", Post # 19 & # 25 are pictures of this machine as it originally looked from Prince Rupert with the Canadian markings still on it, at the vintage meet as pictured in various VW Magazines, and the original photo the Hemmings Motor news color photo for the add which was taken at the ST4 Vintage Meet in Stampeed Pass WA at the owners cabin in '95. I couldn't find the Hemmings Snow Trac Pulling the Corvair Xmass card, but I believe Bob S posted it at some earlier time.

teledawg

In the Thread : "It's a Suprise", Post # 19 & # 25 are pictures of this machine as it originally looked from Prince Rupert with the Canadian markings still on it, at the vintage meet as pictured in various VW Magazines, and the original photo the Hemmings Motor news color photo for the add which was taken at the ST4 Vintage Meet in Stampeed Pass WA at the owners cabin in '95. I couldn't find the Hemmings Snow Trac Pulling the Corvair Xmass card, but I believe Bob S posted it at some earlier time.

Here is the missing Hemmings Christmas Card...

Attachments

• 1Hemmings-Snow-Trac.jpg
    1Hemmings-Snow-Trac.jpg
    82.4 KB · Views: 853