• Please be sure to read the rules and adhere to them. Some banned members have complained that they are not spammers. But they spammed us. Some even tried to redirect our members to other forums. Duh. Be smart. Read the rules and adhere to them and we will all get along just fine. Cheers. :beer: Link to the rules: https://www.forumsforums.com/threads/forum-rules-info.2974/

Found dead on side of road.

Bobcat

Je Suis Charlie Hebdo
GOLD Site Supporter
This is the second cat I've found in the desert in ~3 months. They must have been left behind when the ice receded. Snowcat Operations has claimed dibs...

Attachments

• Snow Cat Find No 2.JPG
    Snow Cat Find No 2.JPG
    166.3 KB · Views: 583

Doc

Bottoms Up
Staff member
GOLD Site Supporter
Good find. Why in the world would people dump them in the desert?
Go figure. :confused:

Snowcat Operations

SUPER Site Supporter
Dont know. But the desert can hold some little treasures. I have know Idea what condition this unit is in. Most likely DOA but will see.

aksnocat

Wish I was closer. Looks to be the sibling of my '49 423 restoration project. I'd love to have a matched pair!

It's a long way from the desert to the interior of Alaska...

Bobcat

Je Suis Charlie Hebdo
GOLD Site Supporter
Forgot I took a picture from another angle...

Attachments

• Desert Tucker 4.JPG
    Desert Tucker 4.JPG
    207.1 KB · Views: 495

Doc

Bottoms Up
Staff member
GOLD Site Supporter
A very good idea. You might find out it was stolen.

Snowcat Operations

SUPER Site Supporter
Problem is there is a care taker looking after everything and he is hard as hell to get ahold of. Have someone on the ground I am paying to find this guy! We will see. The actual owners live in South Dakota. The term wild goose chase is starting to come to mind. Hell half of the adventure is getting there right?

bczoom

Super Moderator
Staff member
GOLD Site Supporter
The term wild goose chase is starting to come to mind. Hell half of the adventure is getting there right?
Want to make finding him a group effort?
If you give us any info you have be in names or the address where the machine is located, some members here are great at finding people.

Snowcat Operations

SUPER Site Supporter
Right now all I have is that there is a care taker who looks after the place. If the gate is open he is there is its closed hes not. No names of either the owners or care tacker. I have a gentelman who is right next door who will contact the care taker when the gate is "Open". IE wild goose chase. I can get the names of the owners but that will see me driving there to do that. I am going to play this out with the guy next door to the Tucker. There are a few other interested parties on the forums who want this Tucker. If I cant track down the owner then its up for grabs to them. Group effort will definatley help, but I am not at that stage yet. Thanks Bczoom!

Bobcat

Je Suis Charlie Hebdo
GOLD Site Supporter
Can anyone identify this snowplane? I don't know if it is factory made or homebuilt. It is next to the Tucker and I didn't notice it before yesterday.

Attachments

• SnowPlane.JPG
    SnowPlane.JPG
    76.2 KB · Views: 838

Melensdad

Jerk in a Hawaiian Shirt & SNOWCAT Moderator
Staff member
GOLD Site Supporter
Based on some research I've done on snowplanes, from the turn of the century Russian Aerosans to the semi-modern Polaris, with Fudge, Price, and a dozen others in between that I've looked into, that one looks like a home built unit. But a lot of production snowplanes from the 1930s and 1940s are pretty low production units and look homebuilt too, so its anyone's guess. It does not look like any of the snowplanes I'm familiar with. There is a thread here where I posted links and photos of snowplanes you may want to compare your photo to some of the photos in the thread. The windshield configuration in your photo is very unusual, I'd think if you can match that up, you will find out the brand.

Bobcat

Je Suis Charlie Hebdo
GOLD Site Supporter
Just ran across this beast this morning. Homebrew? Have I seen one like it, or this very one, posted somewhere here already?

Attachments

• DSC00028.JPG
    DSC00028.JPG
    269.6 KB · Views: 337
  • DSC00030.JPG
    DSC00030.JPG
    261.7 KB · Views: 335

Bobcat

Je Suis Charlie Hebdo
GOLD Site Supporter
Went looking for that 601 today. It's suppose to be in the same area, but couldn't find it. Maybe paulhenry can get me some more details on it's location? I will take lots-o pictures when I find it.