• Please be sure to read the rules and adhere to them. Some banned members have complained that they are not spammers. But they spammed us. Some even tried to redirect our members to other forums. Duh. Be smart. Read the rules and adhere to them and we will all get along just fine. Cheers. :beer: Link to the rules: https://www.forumsforums.com/threads/forum-rules-info.2974/

Fogged dual pane windows - SV252G Skidozer

paulhenry

On my SV252G Skidozer circa 1986 the two front windows have dual panes that fog up on warm days (between the panes). I have done some research and there seems to be no solution. One fellow who said he had been a dealer of Bombardier for many years claimed that they must be aftermarket inserts, since single pane only were used.

Any thoughts? Given the drafty nature of a cat cab - and the great heater it has, seems that I should just replace with single pane safety glass and be done with it (they are flat glass panels).

DaveNay

Klaatu barada nikto
SUPER Site Supporter
Sounds to me like they were supposed to be sealed units, but the seal is broken, and moisture is now collecting between the panes. You could investigate what it would take to remove and disassemble them. Then somehow make sure they are completely dry before re-sealing the edges.

Might be cheaper though to use one of the layers from each window and re-mount them as single panes.

Snowcat Operations

SUPER Site Supporter
For my cat since I have such huge elevation changes I can only go with single pane glass. Dual panes , the gas inside would expand and blow any seal. We have to oreder special hose window here to avoid that and even then some go bad during shipment. SO Single would be best for any cat in higher elevations.

paulhenry

DaveNay said:
Might be cheaper though to use one of the layers from each window and re-mount them as single panes.

AH the Scotch in me (liquid and heritage) loves that, and may be why I didn't think of that.

I have always said there is no special room in heaven for those who paid too much!

Thanks for the input.

paulhenry

Snowcat Operations said:
For my cat since I have such huge elevation changes I can only go with single pane glass. Dual panes , the gas inside would expand and blow any seal. We have to oreder special hose window here to avoid that and even then some go bad during shipment. SO Single would be best for any cat in higher elevations.

Yes, same for me I frequently travel from 6200 ft to 10,300 ft on my grooming run for my snowmobile trail. I am sure the seals have been blown out.

If, as suggested by DaveNay, I seperate the windows I would have FOUR WINDOWS! Here's hoping I am successful on that one. Just embarassed that I didn't thinks of it - may be the thin air up here.

MNoutdoors RIP

Gone But Not Forgotten
GOLD Site Supporter
Paulhenry, Those double pane windows are a stock window used for a few years and yes they are very expensive over 2000.00 each they never were that effective anyway............

paulhenry

boggie said:
Paulhenry, Those double pane windows are a stock window used for a few years and yes they are very expensive over 2000.00 each

For Sale: Two used double pane front windows for Bombardier SV252G - Original cost $4000.00 - First $1000 takes em both! No checks please. May see on any cool day.

bczoom

Super Moderator
Staff member
GOLD Site Supporter
paulhenry said:
For Sale: Two used double pane front windows for Bombardier SV252G - Original cost $4000.00 - First $1000 takes em both! No checks please. May see on any cool day.
:yum: :yum: :yum:

What a deal!!!

Just make sure you make a template (trace the size) before you send them out the door.