• Please be sure to read the rules and adhere to them. Some banned members have complained that they are not spammers. But they spammed us. Some even tried to redirect our members to other forums. Duh. Be smart. Read the rules and adhere to them and we will all get along just fine. Cheers. :beer: Link to the rules: https://www.forumsforums.com/threads/forum-rules-info.2974/

LCD TV repair

jwstewar

Any TV repairmen here?

Back in May we took a pretty strong lightening it/power surge. It fried several things in the house, once of those being our 52" Samsung 650 TV. We took it to get an "estimate" for insurance purposes. At that time he mentioned it needing a power supply and possibly a tuner, but if I wanted to get rid of it bring it back because there was "usable parts" inside.

Well, it has been sitting since, so I got a little bored and decided to play with it. The way it was acting like at first was like the bad capaciters. I replaced the capaciters, but it didn't help. So I ordered a new/used power supply. Didn't help. So then I ordered the tuner board for it. Installed that, that will now at least allow the TV to come on. The screen will light for like a second and then go off. If you look close, it looks like you can see static. So what I found was that it was probably the inverter boards bad. I order 4 new/used of those. Installed those, no change. Same symptons. Only board left to change is the LCD contoller board. Do you think this is worth while or is there something else in the screen that could need changed?

So far, I'm only into it for $200, so for a 1080p 120 Hz 52" TV, I'm still OK. But don't want to spend any more than I have to and certainly don't want to throw good money after bad.