• Please be sure to read the rules and adhere to them. Some banned members have complained that they are not spammers. But they spammed us. Some even tried to redirect our members to other forums. Duh. Be smart. Read the rules and adhere to them and we will all get along just fine. Cheers. :beer: Link to the rules: https://www.forumsforums.com/threads/forum-rules-info.2974/

NEED AKTIV ST4 IGNITION KEY BLANK!

Melensdad

Jerk in a Hawaiian Shirt & SNOWCAT Moderator
Staff member
GOLD Site Supporter
I think it would be easiest if to take the ignition out, take it to a locksmith, and have them make a key? I would almost bet that there are different keys for different years because they tended to buy up "surplus" parts from VW, Hella, etc.

Snowcat Operations

SUPER Site Supporter
It will most likely be a standard bus ignition. Most likely the same as a bug and evey other VW produced around that time.

Melensdad

Jerk in a Hawaiian Shirt & SNOWCAT Moderator
Staff member
GOLD Site Supporter
Mine is a funny 2 prong thingy that does not even look like a key!

Lyndon

Bronze Member
GOLD Site Supporter
Snow Trac's came from the factory with a 2 Prong forked Hella key. From the first to the last. This key was also used by BMW on their Motorcycles, try a BMW motorcycle place. These switches were also used on various other pieces of german made equipment. It is likely that it would be a "stock" item for a locksmith in Europe. It would be very easy for one to reproduce if you had one to use as a template. There are no tumblers, one key fits all the years manufactured.

BigAl

Gone But Not Forgotten
SUPER Site Supporter
Maybe some Kristi owner got a hold of it and tried to pollute the purity of its design :5boobs:

Uhhhh.... That was me . I thought I would steal it . But the damn owner had no gas in it ,so I just left it in the field!:yum: :moon: