• Please be sure to read the rules and adhere to them. Some banned members have complained that they are not spammers. But they spammed us. Some even tried to redirect our members to other forums. Duh. Be smart. Read the rules and adhere to them and we will all get along just fine. Cheers. :beer: Link to the rules: https://www.forumsforums.com/threads/forum-rules-info.2974/

Thiokol 601 for sale

Skelly

I thought before I put this on e-bay, I would give you guys the first chance at it, as I know that you all can really appreciate it. It’s a 1963 Thiokol Trackmaster model 601. It’s got the Ford straight six engine (240) which runs like a top. The tracks are also in great shape with no missing cleats. It has a LOT of extra metal work done to it, including a huge stainless steel bumper with a winch. On the back, there is a stainless bed (diamond plate) equipped with lights and two big doors that can be opened in order to access the rear differential, drive shaft, slave cylinders, exhaust, etc… There is a pintle hitch on the back which was also fabricated out of stainless. As you can see from the photos, all of the work done on the cat looks professional. It is not a hack job with bubble gum holding everything together. There is also an engine cooling fan in the front of the hood. Inside, it’s got new seats that are in great shape, C.B. radio, all working gauges. It has the coolant, oil, and battery heater as well. There is an exhaust stack on the right side of the cab instead of a rear exit exhaust. New head lights, tail lights, bed lights, etc…The pictures can give you an idea of what kind of shape this snow cat is in. The only thing it may need in the future is tires. The tires are not worn, however they are cracked and weather checked from just sitting for so long. Other than that, it just needs to be run and driven. This thing has basically not had any use for a few years. I started it today and it fired right up and sounded awesome. Everything on this cat is very HEAVY DUTY and it could be used for just about anything (not just snow). As many of you know these are called off-highway vehicles, so they can be used on pretty much any type of terrain and in any type of element (snow, rain, dirt, mud, etc…). It steers great, runs great, and looks great. I’ve got another 601 exactly like it, that is in the midst of restoration right now, so I am not going to hang on to this one.
The first $8,000 will take it. Otherwise, that will be the starting bid on e-bay if there are no takers. I have a pretty good idea about what these machines are worth, especially one in this kind of shape, as do most of the people on this forum. In my opinion, this is a steal. Email me if you’re interested at jskellen@nmu.edu and I’ll give you my phone number. The snow cat is located in Brampton Michigan, which is in the Upper Peninsula. Thanks! --Joe

Attachments

• Snowcat 001.jpg
    Snowcat 001.jpg
    87.7 KB · Views: 348
  • Snowcat 002.jpg
    Snowcat 002.jpg
    81.1 KB · Views: 343
  • Snowcat 005.jpg
    Snowcat 005.jpg
    100 KB · Views: 326
  • Snowcat 009.jpg
    Snowcat 009.jpg