• Please be sure to read the rules and adhere to them. Some banned members have complained that they are not spammers. But they spammed us. Some even tried to redirect our members to other forums. Duh. Be smart. Read the rules and adhere to them and we will all get along just fine. Cheers. :beer: Link to the rules: https://www.forumsforums.com/threads/forum-rules-info.2974/

whats this

R

redline300

I am a first time poster I have been a long time lurker to this forum(I think i stold that line from somewhere els on the forum) I joined mainley for the snowcats I have liked them and wanted one since i was little and this is the only place where i have found that people talk about them. I am amazed at the information knowledge teamwork and booze that gets some of these projects complete and its been very interesting and informative. But enough about me what is this cat i found it looking through a utah craigslist and have not seen anything like it on the net or this forum and since this my first post i got no clue how to post pictures ill figure that out later so heres a link http://saltlakecity.craigslist.org/rvs/316327985.html

Attachments

• Picture 2.png
    Picture 2.png
    135.5 KB · Views: 247
  • Picture 3.png
    Picture 3.png
    290.6 KB · Views: 242

Snowcat Operations

SUPER Site Supporter
The rear section is for sure a home made contraption. I have no idea what the rear diff is. That kinda makes me think Bombardier but I would still say Thiokol. Maybe a prototype??? If it has a straight Ford inline six then for sure Thiokol built it. Other than that if you can get me a serial number then we can probably figure out what year ect.

mkntrakes

that machine was built by a guy in salt lake i think his name was bill salt it was built after a thiokol but it had a weasel differential and a fiberglass cab then he sold the company to Brian that built the light foot that is the piston bully scout now

Mainer

Boggie likes our museum
SUPER Site Supporter
that machine was built by a guy in salt lake i think his name was bill salt it was built after a thiokol but it had a weasel differential and a fiberglass cab then he sold the company to Brian that built the light foot that is the piston bully scout now

OK. Totally impressive and also scary that you know all that. :applause: :thumb:

Bobcat

Je Suis Charlie Hebdo
GOLD Site Supporter
Are you sure it's not a KT-8? :yum:

By the way, the writing on the side says 'Hustler', not 'Yetti'.

Attachments

• 115_1593.jpg
    115_1593.jpg
    56.3 KB · Views: 245
Last edited:

Snowcat Pat

Hey mkntrakes, I know you have been in this biz a long time. I see the weasel rear end but do you know how did it get longer drive axles for the Thiokol-A wheel stance. I'd like to find those parts.

Pat Foster
Wallace Idaho

mkntrakes

they didn't change the axles as remember the made a short axle and attached it to the weasel flange and supported it to main frame with two bearing packs and a flange to carry the sprockets