• Please be sure to read the rules and adhere to them. Some banned members have complained that they are not spammers. But they spammed us. Some even tried to redirect our members to other forums. Duh. Be smart. Read the rules and adhere to them and we will all get along just fine. Cheers. :beer: Link to the rules: https://www.forumsforums.com/threads/forum-rules-info.2974/

Best penetrating oil

Melensdad

Jerk in a Hawaiian Shirt & SNOWCAT Moderator
Staff member
GOLD Site Supporter
Gibb's is a new brand to me.

Then again, I was introduced to Kroil 2 years ago by a friend and had never heard of it prior to that time. I'm pretty much game to try any of these products, including the 50/50 mixture of diesel & conditioner.

BTW, when are we going to get an update on your restoration? You generated a whole lot of interest and replies and then we've not seen much by way of update.

GKP

For preservation and rusty items I prefer the Gibbs Brand, It has been amazing on old motorcycle parts or to spray something that will be exposed to the elements.
For straight lubrication I use KRoil, but if the area will be exposed to dust or grit I use a Molybdenum Disulfide aerosol (Mrs Molly or (http://www.kgcoatings.com/firearms.html). I use it exclusively in the trigger groups of my firearms.
Another trick I found is to use Kopr-Sheild on electrical connections that could be exposed to the elements. It is a conductive grease impregnated with coper. Works great to stop electrical problems on things like snowmobiles and motorcycles-just a little goes a long way! It is sold be www.eastwood.com
I had to take a break from the Kristi due to work, but should be back on it soon.

Snowcat Operations

SUPER Site Supporter
Thanks GKP,
I will get a few bottles of each. I plan on doing another rebuild on a diffrent snowcat. It sure helps having the right lubricants and penetrating oils ect. They make life so much easier! When you get a chance update us on the Kristi project.