• Please be sure to read the rules and adhere to them. Some banned members have complained that they are not spammers. But they spammed us. Some even tried to redirect our members to other forums. Duh. Be smart. Read the rules and adhere to them and we will all get along just fine. Cheers. :beer: Link to the rules: https://www.forumsforums.com/threads/forum-rules-info.2974/

The NEED for SPEED!!

Gerard

"You have to"
Site Supporter
Most range in the 2-4 minute or so mark.

I love these mini movies. At the end of this one, it sounds like a jet plane shutting down. Good stuff! FLAT OUT!

Last edited:

HGM

Looks like fun.... :D But, thats why I dont ride a crotch rocket....I couldnt control the stupidity...

Doc

Bottoms Up
Staff member
GOLD Site Supporter
Cool stuff Gerard. You feel like your along for the ride. :)

bczoom

Super Moderator
Staff member
GOLD Site Supporter
In that R1 turbo video, it looks like that blue car was trying to keep up. It did OK up to about 155 mph but that seemed to be its top end.

Av8r3400

Gone Flyin'
Keep in mind that is 155 kph, not mph. Note the european style trucks and left hand driving.

Fast enough, though.

bczoom

Super Moderator
Staff member
GOLD Site Supporter
Av8r_2230 said:
Keep in mind that is 155 kph, not mph. Note the european style trucks and left hand driving.

Fast enough, though.
I did convert. The car hit 250kph so I converted.

Some of those guys are nuts. I wouldn't be doing some of those stunts on public roads. I've seen too many wrecks and tried to save a motorcycle drivers life after a high speed impact. He didn't make it. :(

Doc

Bottoms Up
Staff member
GOLD Site Supporter
I thought of the wreck scenerio also. A coworker who was a very very careful harley rider was hit from behind last November 15th by a 19 year old teenage girl. He survived, but is paralysed from the waist down. Makes you realize how quickly your life can change. It appears it will never be the same for him. He had just turned 50 and getting close to retirement. Very sad to see.

XeVfTEUtaAqJHTqq

Master of Distraction
Staff member
SUPER Site Supporter
It's nice how those euro drivers pull over and get out of their way. Over here everyone would be scrambling to pull in front of them and slow them down.

bczoom

Super Moderator
Staff member
GOLD Site Supporter
Gerard said:
Yup, it happens in this 18 second clip .
That wasn't good...

bczoom said:
tried to save a motorcycle drivers life after a high speed impact. He didn't make it. :(
In this (graphic) incident, a motorcycle took a blind corner in excess of 90MPH (that was the police estimate). A pickup was pulling out of a driveway and the motorcycle hit the side of the box area of the truck.

The passenger on the bike flew over the box and was found several hundred feet away (with scrapes/broken bones). The driver wasn't so fortunate. He was partially decapitated (if there is such a thing) but there wasn't much connecting his head. I literally tried to hold/keep his head attached to the rest of him but he lost too much blood and didn't make it.

bczoom

Super Moderator
Staff member
GOLD Site Supporter
Gerard said:
I noticed that too. Look at this guy in rush hour traffic. Totally insane!
Guys that drive like that give people on bikes a bad reputation. :mad:
I wish he had a rear-facing camera so at the end of the day he could see how many accidents he caused since people had to react to his insanity.

Gerard

"You have to"
Site Supporter
Hey BCZoom.... I know all to well about what can happen as I crashed back in 1985. I can tell you that it's not fun losing it at triple digit speeds! :pat: I'll try to dig up the photos.

Last edited:

Gerard

"You have to"
Site Supporter
This one here is about the Suzuki Hayabusa. At about the minute and a half mark of the 3 minute total they travel the highway. This one has front AND rear cams! :thumb:

Av8r3400

Gone Flyin'
As a biker with several hundred thousand miles under my wheels, these are dumbasses, one and all, who deserve the pain and suffering they get.

:stroke: :raz: :finger2: :loser: :loser:

Gerard

"You have to"
Site Supporter
Av8r_2230 said:
As a biker with several hundred thousand miles under my wheels, these are dumbasses, one and all, who deserve the pain and suffering they get.

:stroke: :raz: :finger2: :loser: :loser:

To make a statement as you did doesn't say much of your being a biker.

I would also hope that the cute red smiley wasn't intended for me :nono1:.

HGM

Gerard said:

Have to say I agree with him... I'm a biker, although currently without a bike... These guys are reckless morons with no respect for anyone or anything(even their bikes).. With that said, its interesting veiwing and have enjoyed the videos you posted..

Av8r3400

Gone Flyin'
Gerard said:

My appologies if you were offended. The comment was not directed at you, Gerard. It is a statement of frustration that mindless future cripples like these deserve what they get. They are why motorcyclists are looked down on and cheated by insurance companies. Do it on the track.

I cannot ride a wheelie for miles, nor can I do a "stoppy" on the front wheel of my 700 pound Harley, but as a BIKER I am a thousand times better than any of these mindless zombies.

So, yes. That statement does say alot of my being a biker. Thank you.

Gerard

"You have to"
Site Supporter
My personal opinion is that I believe it was/ is all the biker gangs that give/ gave motorcyclists a bad name/ reputation (looked down on).
When I lived in western NY, the Hells Angels were everywhere you looked. Pretty scary bunch of fellas but I managed to met a few (which wasn't easy) that would watch my back even though I had a Rice Rocket. TRUE BIKERS.

Now, todays riders are considered jerks, idiots, stupid, morons and the list can go on. None-the-less they are still BIKERS that are in a gang of their own. Get the point? :thumb:

Doc

Bottoms Up
Staff member
GOLD Site Supporter
....I have to think some of the riders in those videos are riding like they are because they know they have the cam going. They are trying to do a killer daredevil ride to show off on the internet. To me this is dead wrong. One of them will end up dead, cripple or injuring others because of their actions.

But .... I can't help but watch the videos.

So am I in an indirect way encouraging them to make more videos?

Av8r3400

Gone Flyin'
Gerard said:
My personal opinion is that I believe it was/ is all the biker gangs that give/ gave motorcyclists a bad name/ reputation (looked down on).
When I lived in western NY, the Hells Angels were everywhere you looked. Pretty scary bunch of fellas but I managed to met a few (which wasn't easy) that would watch my back even though I had a Rice Rocket. TRUE BIKERS.

Now, todays riders are considered jerks, idiots, stupid, morons and the list can go on. None-the-less they are still BIKERS that are in a gang of their own. Get the point? :thumb:

Excellent point Gerard. However, in my part of the country the "hell's angles" type crowd are not the ones getting the bad press. They seem to mostly be lawyers and orthodontists trying to re-live their wasted youth. It is the groups of young guys (and girls) doing these tricks and show-off manuvers on the public streets which are the focus of the public.

But, things may be different outside of my little corner of the world.

Dargo

Like a bad penny...
GOLD Site Supporter
I have 38 years experience on motorcycles. I raced motocross for several years. Hmm, I'll bet that Working Woman can recall when I terrorized the neighborhood back in the mid 70's on my racing bikes. :eek: I can do most all of the long wheelies and even stand a bike on the front wheel with the front brake. However, public highways are not the place to learn or practice such stunts. Most all of my lingering (and returning) aches and pains are from crashing on bikes while racing or practicing. In retrospect, with the injuries etc., I would not have done the same. That is why none of my kids have raced, and the only motorcycle they have is a Honda Trail 50.

I've whacked a 20,000 pound tree before, but I seriously doubt that it pulled out in front of me as I may have claimed. It certainly didn't run me over when I was down on the ground trying to figure out why my full faced Bell helmet was in 2 pieces.

When in Kalifornia on business, I'm still amazed at the idiots on bikes there. Yes, I said idiots. When you go cutting between two cars (whose drivers are not paying a lick of attention to the road; and are likely chatting on the cell phone), you deserve to be road kill. Riding like that and like the morons in some of the clips tell me that the riders understand that they will very likely sustain serious injury or death. Heck, while in California a few months ago a biker zipped by me on the highway and cracked my side mirror. I actually wished that he had gone down. I nearly decided to try to chase him down and run him over and give him his deathwish. :whistle:

JimR

Charter Member
Gerard said:
I noticed that too. Look at this guy in rush hour traffic. Totally insane!

Gerald, I too ride a motorcycle. That guy in this video is a complete a-hole. It is only a matter of time before he kills someone due to his stupidity. I would think nothing of putting him into a guardrail with my pichup truck if I saw him coming at me like that. Damn fool is going to kill some poor defensive person someday. We have morons just like that here in Ma. They drive the same way without video cams. They would make good road fodder for a semi.

Last edited: