• Please be sure to read the rules and adhere to them. Some banned members have complained that they are not spammers. But they spammed us. Some even tried to redirect our members to other forums. Duh. Be smart. Read the rules and adhere to them and we will all get along just fine. Cheers. :beer: Link to the rules: https://www.forumsforums.com/threads/forum-rules-info.2974/

Main Stream Media

Who do you think is the most reliable news source

• ABC

Votes: 1 2.9%
  • CBS

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • CNN

• FOX

Votes: 15 42.9%
  • NBC

Votes: 2 5.7%
  • PBS

• INTERNET

Votes: 3 8.6%
  • None They're all liars

Votes: 12 34.3%

• Total voters

Cowboyjg

Country Club Member
Site Supporter
I recognize that most all of us here have a dim view of the media and it's ability to provide accurate and unbiased information about the events of the day. I was curious as to what news provider you believed the most. Since most of our information comes from non print related sources except individual stories that get re-presented I will include the internet to represent all non tv/video entities.

Big Dog

Large Member
Staff member
GOLD Site Supporter
FOX, only other one I seldom do is CNN because of Lou Dobbs. I like his views on guns and IMO the fairest of the CNN anchors.

bczoom

Super Moderator
Staff member
GOLD Site Supporter
Of what's listed, I'll have to go with Fox since it's MSM. "Internet" is to vague. I'm a little disappointed that FF isn't listed there as a source of news and views.

mtntopper

Back On Track
SUPER Site Supporter
It is simple for all MSM: Big News = Big Ratings = Big Dollars

The MSMs all lie out their a$$ while preaching to a special audience of followers/listeners/viewers to get ratings which make dollars for their networks. Each network has a special agenda and speaks accordingly knowing that the viewers/listeners will react to their favorite side of the political equation with equal stupidity and religious zeal............:ermm:

California

Charter Member
Site Supporter
What a bunch of cynics!

You always have to compare opposing viewpoints and reach your own conclusions before you learn anything. If you stick loyally to a single news source because it matches your own bias you are going to have a crackpot view of the world. I'm beginning to understand FF better.

I'll add two news sources that should have been listed:

Rush Limbaugh. The present situation where he quite effectively slaps down any opposing viewpoint illustrates how powerful he is in shaping public opinion. No one dares cross him. Anyone who says he is mean and ignorant has to apologize the next day. He limits what many politicians can say. Like it or not, many Americans including major opinion leaders never look beyond what Limbaugh has declared is Politically Correct and they have to wait for his pronouncements before they believe anything.

McClatchy News is a favorite of mine for broadening my view. Their international correspondents are first rate. I don't think they are on TV; you have to look for their newspaper articles online.

Big Dog

Large Member
Staff member
GOLD Site Supporter
I'm not going to listen to anyone that endorses gun control. I'm not going to listen to anyone that endorses larger government. I'm not going to listen to anyone that endorses hand outs. I'm not going to listen to anyone that won't listen to me.

ghautz

Bronze Member
Site Supporter
I figure Fox is the least biased, but not perfect. I watch Fox, ABC and two or three local channels regularly. I am surprised that NBC got any votes, but then I quit watching their news many years ago because of their slant on the news. Maybe they have changed.

daedong

FOX:yum: the Aussie lying bastard has twisted and convoluted news for decades. I pity you Yankees if you vote him as reliable. He will control every election result, believe me!

I remember Bob S telling me Murdoch was only tiny or some thing similar yet Fox has way out votes the others here.:yum:

fogtender

Now a Published Author
Site Supporter
Rush Limbaugh. The present situation where he quite effectively slaps down any opposing viewpoint illustrates how powerful he is in shaping public opinion. No one dares cross him. Anyone who says he is mean and ignorant has to apologize the next day. He limits what many politicians can say. Like it or not, many Americans including major opinion leaders never look beyond what Limbaugh has declared is Politically Correct and they have to wait for his pronouncements before they believe anything.

Isn't telling the truth Grand. That is why much of the non Fox Media hate him, he tells the truth for the most part and that cuts off their slants on it, that includes most of the politicians.

Obama's staff have started to cut on him as the leader of the Republican Party, they may be regretting that jab shortly in the next general elections.