• Please be sure to read the rules and adhere to them. Some banned members have complained that they are not spammers. But they spammed us. Some even tried to redirect our members to other forums. Duh. Be smart. Read the rules and adhere to them and we will all get along just fine. Cheers. :beer: Link to the rules: https://www.forumsforums.com/threads/forum-rules-info.2974/

Who got the Freighter?

GYPSY

Jimbo - Thanks for the truck ID. I found out that trucks in that year range had beds available that were wider and longer than later trucks and especially today's models. My Kitten still wouldn't have fit though.

JimVT

Bronze Member
GOLD Site Supporter
my 1 ton stude would haul it.
DSC00969.jpg

sno-drifter

Bronze Member
GOLD Site Supporter
Think I see the roof of an orange burban through the window of a crevasse finder. The Tucker deal of the century! So which cat should I bring home? Decisions, decisions, descisions.

Attachments

• DSCN1937.jpg
    DSCN1937.jpg
    97 KB · Views: 600

DAVENET

Bronze Member
GOLD Site Supporter
Decisions??? Not so much. You bring BOTH home! Because one is the only one of it's kind (you'll hear a pretty odd coincidence story about that one) and the second is a rolling piece of history who's sistership is in New Zealand!

jask

Now that is a GREAT idea!!:brows:
I would like to hear any information about this red rig, was the body a modified auto body? or was it a preproduction prototype? That little "vent" window just brought back memories of long road trips and my Dad using the "ashtray" window in his '66 Caprice.

jimbo

Bronze Member
GOLD Site Supporter
Now that is a GREAT idea!!:brows:
I would like to hear any information about this red rig, was the body a modified auto body? or was it a preproduction prototype? That little "vent" window just brought back memories of long road trips and my Dad using the "ashtray" window in his '66 Caprice.

I was wondering about that body. It looks to me like a 35-36 Ford, although a lot of bodies looked the same at that time. Especially without the fenders and grill.

sno-drifter

Bronze Member
GOLD Site Supporter
Still working on it and found that it was orange before it was this wine color.

Here is your sign:

"O Lord grant me patience, and I want it right NOW"

Pontoon Princess

Cattitute
GOLD Site Supporter
as we continue to research the history of this one-off tucker 423, it is beginning to look like it was built with tucker inc involvement, given several details that are clearly tucker, and just maybe, just maybe tucker sr had it built, the custom body work was done by an outside company, will update as more is learned about this very special tucker!

Pontoon Princess

Cattitute
GOLD Site Supporter
word has it, the twin turbo orange burban is leaving town again, some, say idaho, others think utah, while, it has been rumored to be wyoming, pleased report all sightings

JimVT

Bronze Member
GOLD Site Supporter
any incentive for getting the correct answer, like maybe a drive in an oldie?

Pontoon Princess

Cattitute
GOLD Site Supporter
ah the orange twin turbo burban, is home with tucker in tow, another trip is already in the works, stay tune for the next burban adventure

Attachments

• DSCN1985.jpg
    DSCN1985.jpg
    179.2 KB · Views: 740

Lyndon

Bronze Member
GOLD Site Supporter
DID ONE HELL OF A JOB "BEAT-N AROUND THE BUSH',... BUT NEVER REALLY FESSED UP TO WHO STOLE THE FREIGHTER?

Snowtrac Nome

member formerly known as dds
GOLD Site Supporter
sounds like a krusty owner bragging about how fast his krusty can go they all forget that's the trailer speed.