• Please be sure to read the rules and adhere to them. Some banned members have complained that they are not spammers. But they spammed us. Some even tried to redirect our members to other forums. Duh. Be smart. Read the rules and adhere to them and we will all get along just fine. Cheers. :beer: Link to the rules: https://www.forumsforums.com/threads/forum-rules-info.2974/

For Sale: 1993 BR60+ with Mogul Master drag

KSK_User

1993 Bombardier BR60+ with 8X18 Mogul Master Drag, 3000 hours, excellent condition, just been all serviced
owned since new and well maintained by the Kemptville Snowmobile Club.
$25,000 or best offer
Located in Ontario near the New York border.

Attachments

• BR60+_1.JPG
    BR60+_1.JPG
    87.9 KB · Views: 1,466
  • BR60+_2.JPG
    BR60+_2.JPG
    95.8 KB · Views: 1,856
  • BR60+_3.JPG
    BR60+_3.JPG
    87.4 KB · Views: 1,381
  • BR60+_4.JPG
    BR60+_4.JPG
    114.6 KB · Views: 1,375

300 H and H

Bronze Member
GOLD Site Supporter
Very nice looking BR!!

You can tell it has been well kept...

Just have to ask about your new one. What is it? Maybe you could start a post about it in the snow cat usage thread? Many of us wonder about the Ag tractor based cats we are seeing now days. We rarely hear of anyone commenting about how well they work on your trails....

Thanks, Kirk

KSK_User

Kirk,

We have 2 groomers and will be replacing our BR60+ with a new Piston Bully we will be getting in the fall. The AG unit we have is a Massey 4270 with a Marcel drag. The Massey works very well, and isn't as bad on fuel as some of the New Holland unit I have seen, but not as good as the BR60+ we have. The tractors are good but have a few downfalls. They are heavier so we are usually leery on taking them in any swampy areas till late in the season. They are larger and tall so not as well suited to the smaller trails and dont go through very deep snow or up steep inclines as well as a Husky, Bombardier or Piston Bully unit. They are cheaper to purchase is one of the biggest benefits to them. We also have the option to remove the track conversion, put the front wheels back on in the summer and use it with a brush trimmer on the trails.

Cheers,

Dale

steamguy

Farm tractors for grooming

I do a little grooming here in northeast wisconsin. Our club has a 6400 John Deere (about 90 horsepower ) on oversize tires pulling a lite weight 8 X16 drag. It is OK if conditions are good with no cross drifting and a decent base. It is used mainly on a section of railroad grade. We use our Terra Tucker for most of our trail work,the John Deere was HELPED out of the snow a number of times again this year with the Tucker.The next club south of us just finished up their first season with a 4 track ag tractor setup, have not talked to the operators as of yet but their trails looked good from what I saw.If you have an older trail system the bridges usually are a bit on the lite side for a tractor.I hope to go for a ride in some of the newer tractor set ups in the future.Kind of partial to our Tucker rite now-
steamguy

300 H and H

Bronze Member
GOLD Site Supporter
Thanks for the comments guys,

Our system is like so many others. A mix of old rail road beds, with narrow bridges, and wide open trails and road ditches. For each at times we have wished for a particular grooming device. Not to tall, or too heavy, or too wide for the area we are working on.....I suppose none are perfect for each area.

Tuckers seem to be the way to go. Tall enough to cross streams, and hard to get stuck with. Our Ski Dozer is gettin an overhaul again, but we hope to keep in on the RR bed that is a bike trail in summer. The bridges are soo narrow that my Snow Trac feels crowded on them, and the balde on the Dozer has about 4" on each side while crossing them.

One more question, how do you steer the Ag units? As a farmer, I am hoping your not going to tell me with the turning brakes.... I don't see another way, and I am wondering if this will be good long term, on the brakes and the rear ends.

Thanks, Kirk

MNoutdoors RIP

Gone But Not Forgotten
GOLD Site Supporter
Thanks for the comments guys,

Our system is like so many others. A mix of old rail road beds, with narrow bridges, and wide open trails and road ditches. For each at times we have wished for a particular grooming device. Not to tall, or too heavy, or too wide for the area we are working on.....I suppose none are perfect for each area.

Tuckers seem to be the way to go. Tall enough to cross streams, and hard to get stuck with. Our Ski Dozer is gettin an overhaul again, but we hope to keep in on the RR bed that is a bike trail in summer. The bridges are soo narrow that my Snow Trac feels crowded on them, and the balde on the Dozer has about 4" on each side while crossing them.

One more question, how do you steer the Ag units? As a farmer, I am hoping your not going to tell me with the turning brakes.... I don't see another way, and I am wondering if this will be good long term, on the brakes and the rear ends.

Thanks, Kirk

300 H and H. They are steered by ram steer two hydraulic cylinders mounted to the drag basically pointing the driving unit in the direction you want to go
Pretty basic but it works there are some other two tracked units that work the same way. And some clubs have done this on Bombis and the BR60 and even
The SV252 skidozers it saves on steering bands and no loss of power in the turns

steamguy

To Mr 300 H & H from Steamguy. Just to clarify the comment from Mr Boogie. Of the ag rigs that I have seen, normally the ram steer is used if it is a two wheel drive tractor with full tracks (like a cat crawler ). A 4 wheel drive ag tractor with either tires or 4 individual tracks should pull a conventional hitched drag just like we all have been pulling since the beginning of this whole grooming thing. The ram steer hitches are pretty interesting to look over.
On a related subject can I ask who if any are running stiff hitched with their drags. We have experimented a bit with our drags and have completely removed the front pan and wheel assembly. It lightened up the drag, and made a 16 footer into about a 21 footer. I know Mr Tucker is not happy about us doing it but as we all know the longer the drag the SMOOOOOTHER the trail.
thankyou for a great site Mr Doc,Mr Boogie and the rest of you
steamguy

Gentlemen, stick to the post or go to agriculture this is the for sale thread not how does your Ag tractor work in the snow, pm each other and spare us the drama and the clutter!
thank you and be safe!

1993 Bombardier BR60+ with 8X18 Mogul Master Drag, 3000 hours, excellent condition, just been all serviced
owned since new and well maintained by the Kemptville Snowmobile Club.
$25,000 or best offer
Located in Ontario near the New York border.
Very nice looking machine and drag and the price is very good! thank you for posting your pics but why are they sitting outside uncovered? uuuggghhhh! at least build a shed to park them under or tarp them up, this is how the new gets old really fast!

Melensdad

Jerk in a Hawaiian Shirt & SNOWCAT Moderator
Staff member
GOLD Site Supporter
Very nice looking machine and drag and the price is very good! thank you for posting your pics but why are they sitting outside uncovered? uuuggghhhh! at least build a shed to park them under or tarp them up, this is how the new gets old really fast!

Not everyone is able to park their machines inside. Just sayin....