• Please be sure to read the rules and adhere to them. Some banned members have complained that they are not spammers. But they spammed us. Some even tried to redirect our members to other forums. Duh. Be smart. Read the rules and adhere to them and we will all get along just fine. Cheers. :beer: Link to the rules: https://www.forumsforums.com/threads/forum-rules-info.2974/

What are you doing today?

Status
Not open for further replies.

m1west

GOLD Site Supporter
Hello all I had to go to the field this morning, still trying to get my late job back on track. After that I went and washed the outside of the boat as I have someone interested it. Took 3 hours I have another day this week sometime to clean the helm and inside. The rest of the day I'm going to do nothing. Marty

pirate_girl

legendary ⚓
GOLD Site Supporter
Uhmm,,,; Now I know what my problem has been in life.

It is why we have FIVE cats and a dog.:hammer:

It is why I making two house payments and the rent on an apartment.:hammer:

It is why I don't have a house on my Ozark place.:hammer:

It is why my son has a new girlfriend, and a new life, and I am stuck raising his kids.:glare:

All I can say is everyone else seems happy with the arrangements. At least I have that.:shit7:

I drew the line at raising my grandkids 2 years ago.
I've now drawn it at many things.

When did I ever stop putting myself first up until now?
Supposedly that is selfish behaviour.
Well call me selfish then.

Had a nice time with the gals.
It's just what the doctor ordered.
They know how to slap me awake.
:toilet::yum:

NorthernRedneck

GOLD Site Supporter
I took my oldest boy for a 20 mile ride in the side by side at camp this afternoon. We also cut a face cord of wood earlier for the campsite.

Sent from my SM-G965U1 using Tapatalk

m1west

GOLD Site Supporter
I think I am going to work on getting the old motor in my 4X4 disconnected and ready for removal. if everything goes right it will be running again in October just in time. Marty

m1west

GOLD Site Supporter
I think I am going to work on getting the old motor in my 4X4 disconnected and ready for removal. if everything goes right it will be running again in October just in time. Marty
Hi all just came in from prepping my old motor for removal. Everything is ready except removing the hood. Tomorrow I pick up the new engine and plan to remove a main bearing cap and a rod cap to inspect bearings. Then swap the cam from the 114 degree computer cam to a 110 lobe center 223 degrees @ .050 with .498 lift being custom ground by comp cams that should bump power up considerably in the 800 rpm- 5000 rpm range. Idle will be choppy but its a 4 speed so who cares. Then an Edelbrock RPM air gap topped with a 600 cfm carburetor for good throttle response And a 8 quart pan. When that is done I can swap it in in a day. Marty

Attachments

• IMG_0060.jpg
    IMG_0060.jpg
    173.1 KB · Views: 56
  • IMG_0062.jpg
    IMG_0062.jpg
    213.1 KB · Views: 56

FrancSevin

Proudly Deplorable
GOLD Site Supporter
Sounds like a good plan.
With the exception of my 2006 Crossfire, I haven't done motor work in decades. I don't have the time and the wife doesn't have the patience.

Best of luck with your endeavors.

FrancSevin

Proudly Deplorable
GOLD Site Supporter
I drew the line at raising my grandkids 2 years ago.
I've now drawn it at many things.

When did I ever stop putting myself first up until now?
Supposedly that is selfish behaviour.
Well call me selfish then.

Had a nice time with the gals.
It's just what the doctor ordered.
They know how to slap me awake.
:toilet::yum:

I wish I had.

We were just the two of us setting out on a new chapter, centered on just each other. Like newlyweds ya know.

Lasted about a month.

In the hopes of a regenerated love life, I couldn't say no when it started. By the time we got the kids and the pets and diverted all our emotions, energies and funds to that, the love life got nixed.

So here I am typing about it at after Two A.M. in the morning.

I'm not happy about it. Can you tell?

Last edited:

nixon

Boned
GOLD Site Supporter
Good morning ! Today is fix a couple of Stihl ms290’s day . One has a fried P&c due to bad gas and trying to lean the carb out to gain the last rpm out of it . The other ate the starter rope ,had bad gas in it ,and the previous owner thought running used motor oil in it was a good idea ... Both need a carb kit as well .
Saw#1:
FC306345-6698-4136-9D62-B70DCD0157DF.jpg

BCADA4F8-106B-451A-8AA1-6F9D1D911280.jpg

NorthernRedneck

GOLD Site Supporter
Ah the fun of small engines. I'm planning on messing with both of mine. I had a 36cc poulan with a 16" chain. It was alright for basic small stuff but bogged down under a bigger load. My wife bought me a new 42cc poulan. I know....they are cheap disposable chainsaws. After about 2 tanks of gas through it, it began bogging down on high idle as soon as the throttle is applied. Easy fix. Just turn the high idle screw out a quarter turn. Except that the screws are a 21 tooth spline that need a special tool. I ordered one in which arrived last week. I turned it out a touch and it runs fine. Today I'm tackling the old one to give it the same treatment. This way I'll have one both at home and at camp.

m1west

GOLD Site Supporter
Hi all just came in from prepping my old motor for removal. Everything is ready except removing the hood. Tomorrow I pick up the new engine and plan to remove a main bearing cap and a rod cap to inspect bearings. Then swap the cam from the 114 degree computer cam to a 110 lobe center 223 degrees @ .050 with .498 lift being custom ground by comp cams that should bump power up considerably in the 800 rpm- 5000 rpm range. Idle will be choppy but its a 4 speed so who cares. Then an Edelbrock RPM air gap topped with a 600 cfm carburetor for good throttle response And a 8 quart pan. When that is done I can swap it in in a day. Marty

Tis is paperwork Monday until around 10am then I am going to pick up the motor for the truck and if I have time I will crack it open for a look inside before I commit to putting it in the truck. Marty

NorthernRedneck

GOLD Site Supporter
Ah the fun of small engines. I'm planning on messing with both of mine. I had a 36cc poulan with a 16" chain. It was alright for basic small stuff but bogged down under a bigger load. My wife bought me a new 42cc poulan. I know....they are cheap disposable chainsaws. After about 2 tanks of gas through it, it began bogging down on high idle as soon as the throttle is applied. Easy fix. Just turn the high idle screw out a quarter turn. Except that the screws are a 21 tooth spline that need a special tool. I ordered one in which arrived last week. I turned it out a touch and it runs fine. Today I'm tackling the old one to give it the same treatment. This way I'll have one both at home and at camp.

47dc6d71149b79c37153aed3eed6d498.jpg

pirate_girl

legendary ⚓
GOLD Site Supporter
I wish I had.

We were just the two of us setting out on a new chapter, centered on just each other. Like newlyweds ya know.

Lasted about a month.

In the hopes of a regenerated love life, I couldn't say no when it started. By the time we got the kids and the pets and diverted all our emotions, energies and funds to that, the love life got nixed.

So here I am typing about it at after Two A.M. in the morning.

I'm not happy about it. Can you tell?

Yes, I can tell.
My problem this time isn't grandchildren.
It's more that my DIL Aimee was misusing the money I was giving her for us to go half on rent, utilities etc.
So.. last month I was stuck with it.
My son Ty told me to get the hell out of there and find your own place.
I did.
I should be in my OWN apartment after the 15th as they are repainting, installing new carpet in the livingroom.
This is it.
No more living with family and friends.
It's a tiny place on a cul de sac.
Right across from where I work.
God answered my prayers perfectly.

NorthernRedneck

GOLD Site Supporter
I took a drive to the city this morning for a few things. Came home. Fixed the brakes on the atv. Painted the bus shelter.

Scouts started tonight. We went on a 2 hour nature hike. We lost 4 scouts from last year but gained 4 new ones. It was a pretty intense hike first climbing a ski hill then onto some cliffs overlooking the city.
1e4b51718c9b155900b6b6ebaf498f49.jpg
3f5077be63c603288ce51b21a3fbd0fc.jpg
b14fd0a95b7e85dd4b5abb0e81595fda.jpg

pirate_girl

legendary ⚓
GOLD Site Supporter
Working my butt off again today.
As long as the dollahs keep adding up, I'm not complaining lol
By the way, who in their right mind buys an extra wide recliner for over $1,000?
Me.. that's who.
My teensy apartment is going to look like a showcase by the time I'm done.
:smile:

pirate_girl

legendary ⚓
GOLD Site Supporter
Matters not how wide it is or what it cost as long as it’s comfortable! :thumbup:

That's right.
Just like the red sofa I was looking at.
Very comfortable, but one of my girlfriends exclaimed in a very loud voice: RED??? ARE YOU CRAZY?
yes!
My digs, my decor.
:yum:

FrancSevin

Proudly Deplorable
GOLD Site Supporter
Working my butt off again today.
As long as the dollahs keep adding up, I'm not complaining lol
By the way, who in their right mind buys an extra wide recliner for over $1,000?
Me.. that's who.
My teensy apartment is going to look like a showcase by the time I'm done.
:smile:
I see nothing wrong about a beautiful lady sitting comfortably in a red recliner.

You go girl!

NorthernRedneck

GOLD Site Supporter
I decided that I deserve a day of rest today since it's cold and raining. I did go into the city to deal with a few things but came back to rest my back. This cold damp weather is taking its toll on me.

Doc

Bottoms Up
Staff member
GOLD Site Supporter
HOME!!!! Home sweet home.
Went to Vegas to see Elton John. Decided to do a road trip instead of flying so we could take in some sights along the way. Will post pics once I get caught up. Sure is nice to be home. :D

pirate_girl

legendary ⚓
GOLD Site Supporter
Welcome back to Ohio, Doc.
Sounds like a fun time.

I was in bed and zonked by 11pm last night.

Today I'll relax as it's a day off.
There is a sweet little vegetarian cafe down the street and around the corner.
That's where I'll grab either lunch or dinner.
Then a bit more shopping for the new apartment.

Ross 650

Site Supporter
Howdy P.G.,
I have been liking your latest improvements up until the time that you said that you are going to a vegan cafe. Here in Texas we always go to meat serving cafes or Bar B Q joints. Vegan eateries are on the endangered list down here. Enjoy eating your cow feed!!!!!

NorthernRedneck

GOLD Site Supporter
Looking outside and thinking there's stuff I can be doing but trying to find the motivation to part ways with the warm fireplace to venture out to the cold damp weather outside

pirate_girl

legendary ⚓
GOLD Site Supporter
Howdy P.G.,
I have been liking your latest improvements up until the time that you said that you are going to a vegan cafe. Here in Texas we always go to meat serving cafes or Bar B Q joints. Vegan eateries are on the endangered list down here. Enjoy eating your cow feed!!!!!

I know about Texas and your meat.
Ty couldn't stop talking about it after he was down there after hurricane Harvey.

The place I'm going to has wonderful soups and salads, fresh baked breads too.
It's not all corn and fake meats.
It's healthy stuff.

m1west

GOLD Site Supporter
Hi all, I had a full day yesterday, I went to the field 5am in Antioch then stopped by the boat, I cleaned the outside over the weekend and did most of the inside yesterday. I got it about 3/4 done and the outside can use a once over again due to the bird shit ( anyone know a good way to keep birds off your boat? Ive tried most everything except wrapping it in chicken wire ) put in another 3 hours on it. The screen shot of the drunken sailors is of my dad and his drunken buddies in some dive bar in WW2. He is the one on lower left. Marty

Attachments

• IMG_0063.jpg
    IMG_0063.jpg
    99.7 KB · Views: 61
  • IMG_0066.jpg
    IMG_0066.jpg
    93.3 KB · Views: 62
  • IMG_0067.jpg
    IMG_0067.jpg
    121.4 KB · Views: 62
  • IMG_0070.jpg
    IMG_0070.jpg
    105 KB · Views: 63
  • IMG_0072.jpg
    IMG_0072.jpg
    105.3 KB · Views: 62
  • IMG_0074.jpg
    IMG_0074.jpg
    72.6 KB · Views: 61
  • IMG_0077.jpg
    IMG_0077.jpg
    61.7 KB · Views: 59
  • IMG_0080.jpg
    IMG_0080.jpg
    99.1 KB · Views: 61
  • IMG_0083.jpg
    IMG_0083.jpg
    72.2 KB · Views: 61
  • IMG_0084.jpg
    IMG_0084.jpg
    46 KB · Views: 57
  • IMG_0086.jpg
    IMG_0086.jpg
    114.3 KB · Views: 58

Doc

Bottoms Up
Staff member
GOLD Site Supporter
Hi all, I had a full day yesterday, I went to the field 5am in Antioch then stopped by the boat, I cleaned the outside over the weekend and did most of the inside yesterday. I got it about 3/4 done and the outside can use a once over again due to the bird shit ( anyone know a good way to keep birds off your boat? Ive tried most everything except wrapping it in chicken wire ) put in another 3 hours on it. The screen shot of the drunken sailors is of my dad and his drunken buddies in some dive bar in WW2. He is the one on lower left. Marty

Nice boat Marty. Where bouts do you boat?

m1west

GOLD Site Supporter
Nice boat Marty. Where bouts do you boat?

I have the boat on the California Delta, its an inland waterway that comes in from S/F bay to Sacramento and Stockton ports plus all of the sloughs. The location is on the Delta loop near Rio Vista Ca. where the Sanjoaquin and the Stanaslaus rivers come together. I haven't boated much in the last couple of years as the kids grew up and have there own lives so for the most part I lost the crew and its not that much fun or easy to go by yourself. Most of my spare time is now directed at the cabin, the wife and my son both like it there so I have transitioned from boater to mountaineer. Its time to pass it on thats why I'm doing the big clean up. Marty

rugerman

To keep birds out of my garden I used rubber snakes and fake owls, but you have to move them around or the birds will get used to them .

Status
Not open for further replies.