• Please be sure to read the rules and adhere to them. Some banned members have complained that they are not spammers. But they spammed us. Some even tried to redirect our members to other forums. Duh. Be smart. Read the rules and adhere to them and we will all get along just fine. Cheers. :beer: Link to the rules: https://www.forumsforums.com/threads/forum-rules-info.2974/

What are you doing today?

Status
Not open for further replies.

tiredretired

The Old Salt
SUPER Site Supporter
Attempted to work on the picture window, but rain put an end to that. 33 degrees cooler today than it was on Saturday!! Saturday was 94, today it is 61 and it actually felt chilly out there. LOL.

NorthernRedneck

GOLD Site Supporter
Sitting in the sun out on the prairies outside of Winnipeg Manitoba. It's supposed to be 27 celcius. We're going to a water park this afternoon.

Sent from my SM-G965U1 using Tapatalk

Ross 650

Site Supporter
Howdy,
down here we have a cool front coming through tonight. Gonna be a cold one!!! We are going all the way down to 90. Time to get out the heavy coats and long johns!!!!!!!!

FrancSevin

Proudly Deplorable
GOLD Site Supporter
Got the dich in front of the building line done and full of pipe. Tonite I'll finish putting back the sod.

Tuesday afternoon I start on the back half. First I have to remove the old deck before I can dig anything. It's treated lumber form Lowe's. Not six years old but completely shot. 15' X 10' I'll just go at it with a chain saw and a sledge hammer.

tiredretired

The Old Salt
SUPER Site Supporter
Got the dich in front of the building line done and full of pipe. Tonite I'll finish putting back the sod.

Tuesday afternoon I start on the back half. First I have to remove the old deck before I can dig anything. It's treated lumber form Lowe's. Not six years old but completely shot. 15' X 10' I'll just go at it with a chain saw and a sledge hammer.

I never buy lumber from Home Cheapo or Lowes. It is crap. I stick to locally owned home centers. Their prices are competitive (not hard) and better quality,for the most part, they have a much better sense of community and do not sell shit.

pirate_girl

legendary ⚓
GOLD Site Supporter
Been doing some running downtown and all around, the weather is perfect today.
Thanks again, Doc for resetting my password.
I went to log in this morning and noted the auto highlighted area was gone.
Tow boy wreckmaster thought he broke his wrist out on a roll over.
Nope, just a nasty sprain.
I think that's his first official injury on the job aside from cuts and scrapes.
When I called to talk to him, I said awww Mommy's baby, you ok?
He always says Motherrrrrr!! Lol

FrancSevin

Proudly Deplorable
GOLD Site Supporter
I never buy lumber from Home Cheapo or Lowes. It is crap. I stick to locally owned home centers. Their prices are competitive (not hard) and better quality,for the most part, they have a much better sense of community and do not sell shit.

I've been buying from Menards of late. Their treated "soil contact" lumber has a guarantee. The deck was, of course, not in contact with the soil. So I should get my money back.
Nope.
Lowes did offer a discount if I bought the same crap all over again.

Nope.

m1west

GOLD Site Supporter
Got out the gate at 6am worked till it got hot its another 98 degree day so I'm doing paperwork and shopping for an antique Winchester in 45-90. Plan to go to the mountain cabin later in the week its suppose to be high 90's to 100 all week it will be around 80 there with a nice breeze. its still the work cabin but better than sitting in the house here all day because its too hot to go outside.

NorthernRedneck

GOLD Site Supporter
After a relaxing day at the campground and even the water park, I spent some time preparing everything to hit the trail tomorrow to head towards devils lake north Dakota for 2 nights. It's only a couple hours from here but that's how we roll now since my accident. 2-3 hour driving days most days with a day of rest in between. I could just say f it and not travel but we needed to get away. Plus it brings the kids closer together.

Ross 650

Site Supporter
Well, the cold front came in this morning. We are down to 88 this morning. Think I am gonna start wrapping the pipes. BRRRRRR Have a goodun!!

m1west

GOLD Site Supporter
Well the day is mostly over now, yesterday I successfully traded a Antique Starr D/A revolver and $400.00 for a Antique Winchester 1886 in 45-70 with a good bore. Got the Starr and payment shipped off and will see the Winchester in about 2 weeks. The rest of the day was the normal and some honey do done. Marty

rugerman

Dialysis today, they started back using my new fistula (my perm catheter is acting up so my surgeon had to declot my fistula, my arm is bruised from my arm pit to my elbow, but they were able to get me stuck with two needles, hope it continues to work, just tender as hell.

Jim_S

Gone But Not Forgotten
GOLD Site Supporter
Dialysis today, they started back using my new fistula (my perm catheter is acting up so my surgeon had to declot my fistula, my arm is bruised from my arm pit to my elbow, but they were able to get me stuck with two needles, hope it continues to work, just tender as hell.

Glad to hear it worked today. Sorry about the pain.

Jim

rugerman

Jim according to my rheumatologist I have a pain threshold from hell, otherwise I would be taking pain meds too often, before I take a pain med I always ask myself do I really need it, and I normally talk myself out of taking one, plus I am goofy enough and they constipate the hell out of me.

Jim_S

Gone But Not Forgotten
GOLD Site Supporter
Jim according to my rheumatologist I have a pain threshold from hell, otherwise I would be taking pain meds too often, before I take a pain med I always ask myself do I really need it, and I normally talk myself out of taking one, plus I am goofy enough and they constipate the hell out of me.

Understand about the pain meds. Same thing here :(

m1west

GOLD Site Supporter
its a 100 now and I'm done for the day. Tomorrow we are going to the cabin until Sunday. Ill fill you in when we return. Marty

tiredretired

The Old Salt
SUPER Site Supporter
its a 100 now and I'm done for the day. Tomorrow we are going to the cabin until Sunday. Ill fill you in when we return. Marty

Enjoy. I've finished up a bunch of projects around the house and plan on taking some time cruising around in the two seater topless.

The car that is, not me. :th_lmao:

NorthernRedneck

GOLD Site Supporter
Just pulled into our campground for the night. We're in Dickinson ND. It's HOT. My arms are tired from fighting that prairie wind all day hauling the camper.

Doc

Bottoms Up
Staff member
GOLD Site Supporter
Just pulled into our campground for the night. We're in Dickinson ND. It's HOT. My arms are tired from fighting that prairie wind all day hauling the camper.

Welcome to the USA big boy. Enjoy!!!!!!

NorthernRedneck

GOLD Site Supporter
Thanks. We've been in the states for 3 days now. We'll be going through sturgis at some point tomorrow.

rugerman

Today I am recovering from dialysis yesterday (I don’t remember if I told my invisible family but my declotted fistula is working, it’s a good thing because my perm-catheter is acting up). Now if it just won’t rain maybe I can get my lawn/jungle mowed.

Jim_S

Gone But Not Forgotten
GOLD Site Supporter
Today I am recovering from dialysis yesterday (I don’t remember if I told my invisible family but my declotted fistula is working, it’s a good thing because my perm-catheter is acting up). Now if it just won’t rain maybe I can get my lawn/jungle mowed.

Glad to hear everything worked yesterday!

Be careful mowing. Have to do the same here.

Jim

Ross 650

Site Supporter
Howdy,
Sounds great!! You hang in there, and keep looking up, the best is yet to come!!! Dont have a goodun, you have a greatun!!!!!!!!!

NorthernRedneck

GOLD Site Supporter
We rented a utv and went out riding designated trails a couple miles from mount Rushmore for 3 hours this morning. It was fun. Just me and the 3 boys. Lots of rocks. Some mud. Climbing and dropping. A spot where you can stop and explore an old gold mine.

rugerman

If I don’t get it mowed soon I might have to buy a herd of goats to keep it in check, told my wife the goats could eat the weeds/grass and then we could eat them, now she isn’t talking to me, and I thought it was a great solution, there I go thinking again.

m1west

GOLD Site Supporter
Hi all, when we left the Mountain yesterday it was 75 degrees when we got home in the valley 104. Over two mornings I was able to get the septic drain field trench dug. I could have done it in one day but the whole area is filled with football sized irregular rocks, also I was able to get the gravel delivered for the drain field. Next trip should finish the septic project which is a biggie checked off the list. Then back to the bathroom install and cabin remodel. The rest of the time was spent enjoying the mountain and cool weather, we even had time for a little exploring. Marty

Attachments

• photo-179.jpg
    photo-179.jpg
    144 KB · Views: 47
  • photo-181.jpg
    photo-181.jpg
    158.9 KB · Views: 46
  • photo-180.jpg
    photo-180.jpg
    181.5 KB · Views: 47
Last edited by a moderator:

rugerman

Another day of not getting my grass cut, my arthritis is holding me hostage, my hips, knees, and ankles are hurting real bad today, even my shoulders are painful. Maybe Wednesday.

NorthernRedneck

GOLD Site Supporter
Must be something in the air today. I woke up at 5 am in pain. I let the wife do all the driving as I hurt too much. Then we got the idea to explore a cave. It was cool but being bent over trying not to hit my head for an hour killed whatever strength I had in my back. Nice area but I'm ready to get back to flat ground. Hills everywhere make for hard walking with a cane and little strength in the legs.

Status
Not open for further replies.