• Please be sure to read the rules and adhere to them. Some banned members have complained that they are not spammers. But they spammed us. Some even tried to redirect our members to other forums. Duh. Be smart. Read the rules and adhere to them and we will all get along just fine. Cheers. :beer: Link to the rules: https://www.forumsforums.com/threads/forum-rules-info.2974/

email Send broken on a Mac ?

pixie

SUPER Site Supporter
I can't send email suddenly. It says it can't connect to the server but when I go to the "connection doctor" it says it's connected ??
I restarted the Mail function and it didn't help. Anyone have any ideas ?

And, no, I won't be changing to Windows :doh:

Thanks

muleman

Gone But Not Forgotten
GOLD Site Supporter
I have had that happen on my pc and it is a problem with the email server not my machine. My email has failed to connect twice tonight. Since you are on here you have internet connection but their server must be down.

joec

GOLD Site Supporter
Ah perhaps your mail server itself isn't working for some reason.

pixie

SUPER Site Supporter
Thanks. I was wondering if it was the server.... but incoming mail worked :mellow:

pixie

SUPER Site Supporter
A friend uses the same server and his works ???

His message came in. This is what my connection dr says

Attachments

• mail.jpg
    mail.jpg
    13.8 KB · Views: 62

joec

GOLD Site Supporter
I have no idea then but don't think it is the fact you are using an Apple or a PC really. Both systems pretty much handle email without problems. The only other thing is perhaps a setting got changed for out going that still works for incoming.

pixie

SUPER Site Supporter
Guess I'll just shut it all off overnight and let it think about it ...

Thanks

Big Dog

Large Member
Staff member
GOLD Site Supporter
If your running a router, it has a diagnostic test feature that will tell you if it's the server or not!

pixie

SUPER Site Supporter
Thanks BD. I'm not even sure what a router does !!!

It works this morning :unsure: