• Please be sure to read the rules and adhere to them. Some banned members have complained that they are not spammers. But they spammed us. Some even tried to redirect our members to other forums. Duh. Be smart. Read the rules and adhere to them and we will all get along just fine. Cheers. :beer: Link to the rules: https://www.forumsforums.com/threads/forum-rules-info.2974/

Friggin Enclosed Cab !!!

BigAl

Gone But Not Forgotten
SUPER Site Supporter
Why do they have to cost so damn much ??? $5000 seems outta sight for a DK45 Kioti Enclose Cab .

Guess its another year wearing a snow suit when I move snow . I may try making one . :unsure:

BRGTold

Bronze Member
SUPER Site Supporter
I'm sure for $5000 bucks..you could come up with a home built cab..that serves the same purpose....:wow:

Big Dog

Large Member
Staff member
GOLD Site Supporter
Just a FYI, local dealer just advertized a DK50 with cab for $28K

Trakternut

The upside to that is when you fart you don't have to sit in the stink. Unless you like that. :hide:

Never done it in a full "union suit" style of coveralls, have ya? :unsure: It just keeps wafting up, past the collar for, what seems like, hours. :doh:

muleman

Gone But Not Forgotten
GOLD Site Supporter
Al really only needs a roof and side shields for blowing snow. If you go to make one do a complete door frame first and build the cab to that.

EastTexFrank

GOLD Site Supporter
Go pay the damned money you tight wad, then you can go move snow wearing a Speedo. Oh, Good Lord, what have I just said. Burn my eyes out with a hot poker somebody!!!!! Please!!!! :yum::yum::yum:

Honestly though Al, I got a cabbed tractor for the a/c during the Texas summers but that heater during the winter is darned nice too and well worth whatever it costs. We need a little pampering as we get older.

muleman

Gone But Not Forgotten
GOLD Site Supporter
Once you have a cab the open tractor will be parked in the winter time. My days of piling snow in the old JD are over with.

thcri

Gone But Not Forgotten
Go pay the damned money you tight wad, then you can go move snow wearing a Speedo. Oh, Good Lord, what have I just said. Burn my eyes out with a hot poker somebody!!!!! Please!!!! :yum::yum::yum:

Does this help Frank. Geez it kind of does look like Al :whistling:

Attachments

• speedo.jpg
    speedo.jpg
    28 KB · Views: 191

DelawareDevil

Do what I did. Bought a canopy off of E-bay for $269.00 Then when winter rolled around bought a golf cart cover to hang over it. Works good at keeping the wind and snow out and me dry inside. I stiill need the warm clothes, but have been known to come out of the coat if the sun comes out. I'll try to post pics.

Attachments

• 084.jpg
    084.jpg
    80 KB · Views: 159
  • 086.jpg
    086.jpg
    76.3 KB · Views: 159

Melensdad

Jerk in a Hawaiian Shirt & SNOWCAT Moderator
Staff member
GOLD Site Supporter
I've given some thought to putting a fiberglass sun canopy on my tractor, the idea of adding a the golf-cart enclosure is a great addition for wintertime snow blowing! The cold really doesn't bother me, its more the blowing/wind chill that gets my semi-old bones creaking.

Hello Big Al,
I know,cabs are very expensive. I checked on one for my little Kubota G2160 Lawn/Garden tractor, about 3K, plus if I wanted hard doors,that was a extra cost. Just too expensive for me, so I home built my own snow cab. Bought new 1-1/4" SQ. tube, cut & welded up the frame, used 1/4"tinted lexan for sides, had roof made at a local sheet metal shop.Have not figured the total cost yet, but think I have approximately $1,300 in it at this time, including nuts/bolts, new lights,electric supplies & switches, strobe becon,new radio.hand operated windshield wiper. I got the tented glass windshield at a local salvage yard for $50. Thanks for looking, Russ

Check it out in my Photobucket ( this is the only way I know how to do this ). http://s547.photobucket.com/albums/hh465/JackOfAllTradesRuss/

TOMLESCOEQUIP

Just Plinkin Away the $$
Russ..........That's not a cab it's a f'n greenhouse !

Got any tomatoes growin' in there ?

Nice build by the way !

Snowtrac Nome

member formerly known as dds
GOLD Site Supporter
Al i know you are about as tight as i am but some of the cost of the cab is that it is also a rollover protective structure and that comes with a loyds of london insurance policy some one has to pay for. in the plus side i just installed an arctic kit on one of our bob cats the new enclosers are nice it's well sealed and the heater will blow the toupee off the top of your head it's a lot nicer than the old one we have .

Dargo

Like a bad penny...
GOLD Site Supporter
Why do they have to cost so damn much ??? $5000 seems outta sight for a DK45 Kioti Enclose Cab .

Guess its another year wearing a snow suit when I move snow . I may try making one . :unsure:

Dang, how things change. That is about how much extra my full cab with heat,A/C and a 2nd seat with a seatbelt cost on my 100 hp John Deere tractor. I moved from Kubota back to JD because the cab was nearly twice the size. Once I went with a factory cab I've never owned any tractor without one. You will regret it if you don't go with a cab. I know I would.

BigAl

Gone But Not Forgotten
SUPER Site Supporter
Al, have you got your cab yet?

No , I got side tracked and we been gettin very small amounts of snow that did not need plowing . It would probably be best just to enclose my existing tractor with a plexi glass encloser and put vinyl doors on it , like they install on the soft top CJ5 jeeps .
I already have a nice compact 12 volt heater a friend gave me off his old tractor that he sold. I could easily set up a windshield wiper system and add more lights for night time . I need to get a cost on some tinted 1/4 " plexi glass sheets .I already have the fiberglass top so all I guess i need is a little frame work to hold the glass .:unsure:

bczoom

Super Moderator
Staff member
GOLD Site Supporter
Poobah,

Do you have any marinas or other places that sell boats in your area? Most boats get custom covers and there's a guy/company that goes around the various dealers & marinas and makes the custom covers. Building a tractor cab (soft sided) would be a piece of cake for these guys.

grizzer

No , I got side tracked and we been gettin very small amounts of snow that did not need plowing . It would probably be best just to enclose my existing tractor with a plexi glass encloser and put vinyl doors on it , like they install on the soft top CJ5 jeeps .
I already have a nice compact 12 volt heater a friend gave me off his old tractor that he sold. I could easily set up a windshield wiper system and add more lights for night time . I need to get a cost on some tinted 1/4 " plexi glass sheets .I already have the fiberglass top so all I guess i need is a little frame work to hold the glass .:unsure:

Double check the btu output of that 12v electric heater. it's about nothing. if it runs on engine coolant ur good to go.

Doc

Bottoms Up
Staff member
GOLD Site Supporter
Come on Al, you know you want it. Buy a new tractor with a factory cab and get er done. You are making money on your apartments so you can spend some to help save your back and your teeth from chattering. you know you need another tractor anyway. Why procrastinate. You are reminding me or me. :hide:

Go get er big guy, you deserve it.

BigAl

Gone But Not Forgotten
SUPER Site Supporter
Come on Al, you know you want it. Buy a new tractor with a factory cab and get er done. You are making money on your apartments so you can spend some to help save your back and your teeth from chattering. you know you need another tractor anyway. Why procrastinate. You are reminding me or me. :hide:

Go get er big guy, you deserve it.

I know , but I have always had a hard time paying big bucks for something I know I can build just as well . The problem is that old tractor is like a old comfortable shoe . I know it so well and getting another rig will take me a while to learn again .

Doc

Bottoms Up
Staff member
GOLD Site Supporter
I know , but I have always had a hard time paying big bucks for something I know I can build just as well . The problem is that old tractor is like a old comfortable shoe . I know it so well and getting another rig will take me a while to learn again .
At least go sit in a few seats so you can make a fair comparison. You owe that to yourself. nudge nudge :poke:
(might get a few good ideas for the cab you'll make if you decide not to buy)

Snowtrac Nome

member formerly known as dds
GOLD Site Supporter
Allen don't use plex on the windshield use aviation lexan plex will discolor in short time and will shatter the lexan wont its only a couple bucks more expensive so your tight asse can afford it as for 12 v electric heaters i'm not impressed get a espacher or wabesto fuel burning unit it will keep you nice and toasty while consuming your dr rums.