• Please be sure to read the rules and adhere to them. Some banned members have complained that they are not spammers. But they spammed us. Some even tried to redirect our members to other forums. Duh. Be smart. Read the rules and adhere to them and we will all get along just fine. Cheers. :beer: Link to the rules: https://www.forumsforums.com/threads/forum-rules-info.2974/

"Mental" Cats

Dutch-NJ

My wife and I take in stray animals.

Three years ago we found a mangy, half starved cat (Mama). She blossomed into a long haired beauty.

She turned out to be an unbelievably good mouser (moler). So, before we had her spayed, she had two litters (two years ago).

Crazy Cat was from the first litter. Sweetie from the second litter.

Mama knows how to open the screen door and goes in and out constantly (every 5-10 minutes). Every time she comes in, she runs to the food bowl to make sure the food is still there. Okay, maybe that’s because she was starved at one time.

Crazy Cat will only come into the house if she climbs up on the roof and my wife lets her come in the bathroom window.

Crazy Cat will only eat in my wife’s bedroom and will not come into the rest of the house. If either my wife or I enter the room, Crazy Cat runs and hides in terror. However, Crazy Cat wants to sleep in bed with my wife.

When the second litter was born, one of the kittens always came to me whenever I entered the room. This was when their eyes were barely open and they were staggering around. All the kittens looked the same and I didn’t know if it was the same or different ones. I marked the kitten and learned it was the same one all the time. I named her Sweetie.

Sweetie still follows me around like a puppy, and is very possessive and territorial. Sweetie will lay in bed with me and hiss at my wife or other cats if they enter my room.

Why is Crazy Cat terrified of my wife and I? We have raised her since the day she was born.

Why has Sweetie always been attracted to me? Body odor, voice?

johnday

The Crazy Scot, #3
SUPER Site Supporter
Dutch, you ask some difficult questions. I don't believe any two cats are the same, unlike dogs. All of ours amaze me daily, the things they think up, who is upset at who, etc.
We've two calicos, they only come to me, and I call them by name. 3 black cats, they're real clever, and all three talk.
We have some that want nothing to do with me, but crawl all over Jan. One of them sleeps with her at the head of the bed as if protecting her.
Well, no real answer for you, just enjoy them!:tiphat::beer:

Doc

Bottoms Up
Staff member
GOLD Site Supporter
Your crazy cat sounds alot like one of my wife's cats. Smokey Joe. He's a Himilayan Lilac Point (I'm told). But he comes in the door instead of a window. But you can open the door for him, and he'll just sit there. He's not sure the coast is clear I guess. We also have a Great Dane, smokey joe has to watch out for, he doesn't trust the Dane or anyone else. Pretty cat, but scared of his own shadow.

P

Pigtails

Geez, we've had some real mental cats. One New Years Eve. It was snowing and awful outside. Below zero and we looked out our slider door and seen a pure white long haired cat. Poor thing.. So we let it in and the poor cat was so "scrongy" looking, we ended up calling him Scronge. He had Burrs stuck to his long fur, so we took and cut them all out. Man, you talk about REALLY looking scrongy when we got done with him. But he loved it. He stayed around our subdivision for 2 years. Then left. We had several in between times. But now we have Tippi. A long story short. We agreed "no more animals" but a friend raised and sold siamaise. She called me one day and wanted me to come over. She ended up giving me Tippi as he was the last one in a litter that she couldn't sell. So, I took him. Geez, he looked like a little rat. My husband was on the road on business, when he came home Tippi about attacked him as he came in the door. His fur was all fluffed up and he growled like a tiger. I had to yell at him to stop.. Now it is funny. At the time, my husband didn't think so... LOL

P

Pigtails

Junkman said:
There is no understanding the way the minds of pussies work. :yum: :yum:

Yep, You just can't turn your back on them..You never know what their going to do..:smile: