• Please be sure to read the rules and adhere to them. Some banned members have complained that they are not spammers. But they spammed us. Some even tried to redirect our members to other forums. Duh. Be smart. Read the rules and adhere to them and we will all get along just fine. Cheers. :beer: Link to the rules: https://www.forumsforums.com/threads/forum-rules-info.2974/

An Inconvenient Question

XeVfTEUtaAqJHTqq

Master of Distraction
Staff member
SUPER Site Supporter
Not a surprise . . .

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cf-fzVH6v_U&feature=player_embedded"]YouTube - Daring to Question Al Gore[/ame]

BoneheadNW

The video is produced by the MacIver Institute, who's blogger made news by posting racist comments at his Twitter feed as reported by Pundit Nation:
Barack Obama's continues to bring out the worst among some conservatives, and the latest is the MacIver Institute's Fred Dooley. According to Dan Bice, Dooley offered this "joke" recently at his Twitter feed:

"Got my stimulus package in the mail today. It contained watermelon seeds, cornbread mix, and ten coupons to KFC."

Now that might pass as funny at a MacIver Institute staff meeting or at a cocktail party for their donors, but for most people it's extremely offensive. Asked by Bice to explain himself, Dooley offers up the classic, "I was under the influence of pain medication and I'm from the South excuse:"

In an e-mail today, Dooley said he took the tweet from somebody else and re-posted it on his page. In addition, he said he did all this shortly after having gall bladder surgery and while he was still under the influence of painkillers and anesthesia.
"In that state I didn't notice any racial connotations. I'm from the deep south and to me that's not a racial thing, it is a southern thing. If I had not been under the effects of anesthesia I would have likely noticed that could have been taken the wrong way and would have passed on it."
As seems to be usual in these cases, Dooley does offer an apology, but not for the joke itself, only that anyone saw it.

"I do regret posting it and hope no one took any offense form it. In the future I'll not Tweet under the influence."

Dooley joins a growing list of Republicans and conservatives making racist jokes at the expense of the President and the First Lady. I'm not sure if it's some kind of strategy to win back the White House in 2012, but it could be. One can never tell with these people.

Dooley's been tolerant with racism at his own blog in the past. This post contains a rant from an anonymous blogger who's obsessed about identifying Obama as a "mulatto."

So far, at least, there's been no statement from the leadership of the MacIver Institute. I'm sure they're delighted this matter has come to light at the start of a long holiday weekend. Nevertheless, I've asked for a comment and I'll let you know how they respond.
Interesting to know where you got your video from.
Bonehead

JEV

Mr. Congeniality
GOLD Site Supporter
The video is produced by the MacIver Institute, who's blogger made news by posting racist comments at his Twitter feed as reported by Pundit Nation:

Interesting to know where you got your video from.
Bonehead

What has racism to do with the video? It was two white guys and no mention of race was exhibited or implied. Bringing racism into the debate is uncalled for, and meant to deviate from the theme of journalists protecting politicians. I thought even Obama said the racism issue needs to stop.

JEV

Mr. Congeniality
GOLD Site Supporter
I don't mean to take the thunder away from thread, but here is one of Obama's czars in conflict (?) with Gore. Gloom & Doom vs Gloom & Doom. Will this shit ever stop? Which liar do we believe? It almost sounds like they are complimenting each other where global warming will cause the upcoming ice age. Am I the only one confused by this rhetoric?

header_exclusive.gif
[FONT=Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif][SIZE=-1]CZAR WARS[/SIZE][/FONT]
[FONT=Palatino, Georgia, Times New Roman, Times, serif][SIZE=+2]Holdren: Ice age will kill 1 billion[/SIZE][/FONT]
[FONT=Palatino, Georgia, Times New Roman, Times, serif][SIZE=+1]Obama's science chief blames man-made carbon emissions[/SIZE][/FONT]

White House science czar John Holdren has predicted 1 billion people will die in "carbon-dioxide induced famines" in a coming new ice age by 2020.
As WND previously reported, Holdren predicted in a 1971 textbook co-authored with Malthusian population alarmist Paul Ehrlich that global over-population was heading the Earth to a new ice age unless the government mandated urgent measures to control population, including the possibility of involuntary birth control measures such as forced sterilization.
Holdren's prediction that 1 billion people would die from a global cooling "eco-disaster" was announced in Ehrlich's 1986 book "The Machinery of Nature."
Holdren based his prediction on a theory that human emissions of carbon dioxide would produce a climate catastrophe in which global warming would cause global cooling with a consequent reduction in agricultural production resulting in widespread disaster.
On pages 273-274 of "The Machinery of Nature," Ehrlich explained Holdren's theory by arguing "some localities will probably become colder as the warmer atmosphere drives the climactic engine faster, causing streams of frigid air to move more rapidly away from the poles." (Emphasis in original text.)
"Global Warming or Global Governance? What the media refuse to tell you about so-called climate change"
The movement of the frigid air from the poles caused by global warming "could reduce agricultural yields for decades or more – a sure recipe for disaster in an increasingly overpopulated world," Ehrlich wrote.

More at source.

BoneheadNW

What has racism to do with the video? It was two white guys and no mention of race was exhibited or implied. Bringing racism into the debate is uncalled for, and meant to deviate from the theme of journalists protecting politicians. I thought even Obama said the racism issue needs to stop.
I think you misread my post:
I did not say that the video was racist as your bolded words above imply.
Bonehead

JEV

Mr. Congeniality
GOLD Site Supporter
Are not these your words preceding the quote? If not, then I apologize. If they are, the words "...who's blogger made news by posting racist comments at his Twitter feed..." were not pertinent to the post, and serve to distract from the theme or to discredit by implying that MacIver is a racist, which still has nothing to do with journalists protecting politicians regardless if they are right or wrong.