• Please be sure to read the rules and adhere to them. Some banned members have complained that they are not spammers. But they spammed us. Some even tried to redirect our members to other forums. Duh. Be smart. Read the rules and adhere to them and we will all get along just fine. Cheers. :beer: Link to the rules: https://www.forumsforums.com/threads/forum-rules-info.2974/

More double standards from the left in Charlottesville

tiredretired

The Old Salt
SUPER Site Supporter
Here we go again. Now don't get me wrong, I am no fan of the KKK or the stinking nazis for that matter. While I agree with them that General Bobby Lee's statue should stay right where it is, as he is a great American and a hero after all, there is little else I have in common with them.

Now the typical double standard loving, blow smoke up your ass liberal governor of VA only puts the blame on the right wing protestors, forgetting all those liberal douche bag groups that are worse then the KKK played a large part in the riots.

I say worse, because at least the KKK will tell you up front and to your face what they believe in. You may not agree, but at least you know. The left wing douche bags will not tell you they are black supremacists who are hell bent on destroying the white race and changing history to suit their agenda as well as cop killer lovers and anarchists of the first order. In other words, domestic terrorists.

I wish Trump and Sessions had the balls to declare ANTIFA as terrorist organization and start rounding up those ass holes.

http://www.breitbart.com/big-govern...rica-for-alt-right-refuses-to-condemn-antifa/

mla2ofus

GOLD Site Supporter
In the cases with protesters and counter protesters the cops should inquire who is the leader of each side, put the two in a ring and let them duke it out. When the winner is declared everybody goes home.
Mike

Melensdad

Jerk in a Hawaiian Shirt & SNOWCAT Moderator
Staff member
GOLD Site Supporter
I made, what I thought, was a logical comment on Facebook today on a friend's timeline about the protest. I simply wished both sides could go off on an island somewhere and leave the sane people alone.

Apparently now I am a neo-nazi and the protestors, which were, in large part, communists from AntiFa, are 'true American patriots' :sad:

tiredretired

The Old Salt
SUPER Site Supporter
I made, what I thought, was a logical comment on Facebook today on a friend's timeline about the protest. I simply wished both sides could go off on an island somewhere and leave the sane people alone.

Apparently now I am a neo-nazi and the protestors, which were, in large part, communists from AntiFa, are 'true American patriots' :sad:

It is all very easy to figure out as this type of mindset is prevalent in the left today. Stifle free speech, condemn those who have differing views then you do and use labels such as nazi, racist to label you and discredit you because they cannot win the discussion based on the merits of their argument. Their last line of defense is violence and rioting as witnessed in virtually every demonstration that involves the left.

There is an old saying that goes like this. “The philosophy of the classroom in one generation will be the philosophy of government in the next”.

So what philosophy is being embraced by this current generation in the public school system and our colleges and universities?

BTW any so called friend of mine who calls me a neo nazi will be considered a former so called friend.

Melensdad

Jerk in a Hawaiian Shirt & SNOWCAT Moderator
Staff member
GOLD Site Supporter
Well,................. Heck!!!

Hit them where they live, UNFRIEND them.:yum:

.... and watch the snowflakes snivel.

Actually I made the comment on my friend's page. Someone who is not my friend, but his friend, has made about a dozen rebuttal posts making claims, but stating no facts.

Catavenger

SUPER Site Supporter
I don't suppose they would send me any of the statues of Robert E. Lee?
I suppose they will melt them down.
Apart from his place, (like him or not) in history, the statues they are removing are great works of art.

Catavenger

SUPER Site Supporter
http://www.nola.com/politics/index.ssf/2017/06/confederate_monuments_another.html

Confederate monuments: Another city chooses words over wrecking balls

removing the statues from Monument Avenue would be logistically challenging. The entire 14-block district has been designated a national historic landmark, and the monuments enjoy a prominent place in the city's landscape.
These memorials are not tucked inside a public park; they stand, block after block, as architectural anchors for Richmond's most stately stretch of tree-lined real estate. The avenue was the city's historic parade route. It is a place where runners - Stoney among them - compete in the annual Monument 10K. And the boulevard still plays host to an old-fashioned Easter parade.

jimbo

Bronze Member
GOLD Site Supporter
Actually I made the comment on my friend's page. Someone who is not my friend, but his friend, has made about a dozen rebuttal posts making claims, but stating no facts.

Claims is what the liberal agenda is all about.

There are few liberal facts.

jimbo

Bronze Member
GOLD Site Supporter
http://www.nola.com/politics/index.ssf/2017/06/confederate_monuments_another.html

Confederate monuments: Another city chooses words over wrecking balls

Don't kid yourself. Richmond has already formed a committee to see what can be done about our horrendous reminders of an intolerable side of he war between the states'

Monument Avenue has rightly been called the most beautiful Avenue in the US. But none of that matters.

Some photos:

http://www.richmond.com/news/local/...n_f483c3cc-b7af-11e3-84f6-0017a43b2370.html#3

But none of that matters. Last year the city hosted a world class bicycle race, and there were waves about relocating the route to avoid Monument.

Another point. A decade or so ago, the city decided to build a monument to Ashe. There argument was 180 from today's argument. Ashe had to go at the butt end of a row of losing generals. Never mind that there were better locations, like where he actually played tennis.

mla2ofus

GOLD Site Supporter
The statues along with confederate flag are a part of our history. Do people think they can change or erase history by getting rid of them?? I guess they figure out of sight out of mind!!
Mike

Catavenger

SUPER Site Supporter
I saw this over at the National Review:

by Deroy Murdock May 20, 2017 4:00 PM
Americans should embrace the good, the bad, and the ugly of U.S. history — rather than shove statues down the memory hole. New Orleans — Robert E. Lee lost again. The statue of the Confederate Army’s general in chief vanished Friday from atop a 60-foot-tall column in the middle of Lee Circle. This work is the fourth of four Confederate-oriented statues that the city of New Orleans has removed in recent weeks, amid considerable and well-deserved controversy. During my annual pilgrimage to the Crescent City early this month, I saw Lee rise above well-tended grounds, including grass and flowers, although the concrete at his monument’s base was badly broken. Interestingly enough, the man who led one side of the Civil War to defeat stood just two blocks north of the spectacular National WWII Museum, which chronicles a unified America’s triumph in that mammoth struggle. Along the landmark’s side, a graffito demanded: “Take It Down Now.” That ultimately victorious sentiment was popular around here, but not unanimous.

They should leave it,” said Marquis, a black man in a white T-shirt. A couple of weeks back, he sat at the statute’s base and listened to music on a small speaker wirelessly connected to his cell phone. He breathed a whiff of disgust at those who wanted Lee toppled. “As someone said, ‘Ain’t no blood in him.’” Marquis took a drag off of his cigarette and continued. “He’s just standing there. So, they’re going to take him down. And who are they going to put up there? Donald Trump?” Even then, Lee was not long for the circle that bears his name. In what seems like a major act of virtue signaling, New Orleans’ Democratic mayor Mitch Landrieu led the effort to purify the Big Easy of these four Confederate-era artworks. The first honored a bloody white rebellion against the city’s biracial government during Reconstruction. Workers then swept a
depiction of Confederate president Jefferson Davis from a pedestal on Jefferson Davis Highway. Tuesday saw General P. G. T. Beauregard’s retreat. And now, Lee has achieved his rendezvous with obscurity. This exercise is reminiscent of former Governor George Elmer Pataki (R., N.Y.). In his own massive act of virtue signaling, he secured federal funds from G. W. Bush’s EPA to dredge up and remove PCBs that had sat quietly for decades at the bottom of the Hudson River. This noxious industrial runoff was from General Electric factories in upstate New York. Rather than let sleeping toxins lie, Pataki had the riverbed vacuumed. The result? PCB levels shot up, and the Hudson’s relatively clean waters were befouled anew. Likewise, this episode has stirred up the relative tranquility in New Orleans, with long-healed wounds being scratched open. Just blocks from the ever-delightful New Orleans Jazz and Heritage Festival, which I savored for the 23rd consecutive time a few weeks ago, a group of Confederate sympathizers waved the South’s Battle Flag beside Beauregard’s striking statue at City Park. A year ago, Beauregard sat in splendor beneath the sun, all alone. Confederate flags were nowhere in sight. This year’s display of Rebel sympathies and banners did not signal progress. And now, Beauregard has been scraped from his pedestal and whisked to an undisclosed location.

Say what you will about these statues, they tend to be excellent works of art. Despite the horrors at their roots, they beautifully capture the human physique and, very often, the equestrian form. If nothing else, they added vivid, dramatic images to this lovely city. This effort to — ahem — whitewash history is chilling and, indeed, Orwellian. It echoes Winston Smith, the protagonist of 1984, as he sits at his desk in the Ministry of Truth, clips politically incorrect articles from old newspapers, and stuffs them down the memory hole — never to be seen again.

Likewise, removing these figures snatches them and all that they did from public view and, eventually, from the collective recollection of the people. Out of sight, out of mind. “You can’t sanitize history,” a white man in a black shirt at Lee Circle lamented to CBS affiliate WWL-TV last night. “Our history is not all good. And it’s not all bad. But it’s all true.” So, who’s next? Once those who fought to maintain slavery have been erased, what about those who owned slaves? Why should their tributes be spared? American slave owners included George Washington, Thomas Jefferson, and even Ulysses Grant. Why not remove all of the landmarks to Washington and Jefferson, starting with the Washington Monument and the Jefferson memorial on the National Mall? Grant’s Tomb? Who needs it? Manhattan’s Upper West Side really could use a new parking lot. The recently celebrated Alexander Hamilton also owned slaves. The Annapolis-based Maryland Gazette’s April 10, 1783, edition announced the sale of “a number of valuable slaves; consisting of men, women, and children; late the property of Alexander Hamilton.” Perhaps it’s time to wind down Hamilton’s smash-hit Broadway run. Cities and thoroughfares also bear the names of slave owners and other evildoers. Take Washington, D.C. Let’s just call it the District of Columbia. Oops! Columbia refers to Christopher Columbus, the white imperialist who first injected the virus of Western Civilization into this hemisphere. So, we better call it District. As for Columbus, let’s yank him down from high above Columbus Circle. We can re-name that part of Manhattan simply Circle.
Here is a better idea: Let’s stop this Stalinesque historical airbrushing and leave the damn statues in place. Instead, where controversial statues still exist, organize contests for high-school students to compose the best 250-word essays that sum up the good, the bad, and the ugly about these historical figures. This 250-word limit parallels America’s 250th birthday — July 4, 2026. These competitions could preview that momentous occasion. There already is talk about excising the magnificent statue of Andrew Jackson that dominates Jackson Square, in the heart of this city’s world-famous French Quarter. Before that outrage ensues, this contest should reward the best 250 words about him. It likely would cite the good: Jackson stymied British invaders at the War of 1812’s Battle of New Orleans. The bad: He owned slaves. The ugly: His Trail of Tears forcibly relocated some 100,000 American Indians from their homes in the South in the 1830s. An estimated 15,000 died in the process. Before another statue of Robert E. Lee disappears elsewhere, a winning essay on him might mention that he commanded the Confederate military, defended the ownership of slaves (of which he was guilty), but also served as president of what is now Washington and Lee University. In a spirit of post-war reconciliation, he welcomed students from the North. Lee also expelled white students from his school who attacked local black men and successfully promoted state-funded schools for black students. A panel of historians would judge these essays for their accuracy, thoroughness, and give the winning high-school students generous college scholarships. At $10 per word, $2,500 per winning entry would be a decent starting point. More important, each such essay would be cast in bronze and placed adjacent to its corresponding statue. Visitors could weigh the pros and cons of these individuals while viewing their statues in their greater (if summarized) context. Eventually, a coffee-table book of these works could present a color photograph of each monument on one page with its attendant essay on the page opposite. Sales of these books could finance additional scholarships for students of American history, particularly slavery, the Civil War, and Reconstruction. Proceeds and donations would help send copies of this book to high-school and college libraries across America. And the name for this initiative? Bronze Plaques Matter.
Deroy Murdock is a Manhattan-based Fox News contributor and a contributing editor with National Review Online.

Read more at: http://www.nationalreview.com/artic...onfederate-monuments-robert-e-lee-memory-hole

pirate_girl

legendary ⚓
GOLD Site Supporter
Conservative author Ann Coulter praised Trump on Tuesday after he publicly denounced the "alt-left" for contributing to violence during a white supremacist rally in Charlottesville, Va. this weekend.

"We were Gideon's army without Gideon. Today, we got our leader back," Coulter tweeted following the president's remarks.

Yes Ann, I think we did.

Trump blamed "both sides" for the violence in Charlottesville, Va. this past weekend, doubling down on his prior statements against the "alt-left."
"What about the alt-left that came charging at, as you say, at the alt-right? Do they have any assemblage of guilt?" Trump told reporters at Trump Tower.
"What about the fact that they came charging with clubs in their hands swinging clubs? Do they have any problem? I think they do. That was a horrible, horrible day."

http://www.foxnews.com/politics/2017/08/15/ann-coulter-cheers-trump-today-got-our-leader-back.html

CNN is reporting that Trump's comments have David Duke "gushing."
Gee whiz!

http://www.cnn.com/2017/08/15/politics/donald-trump-david-duke-charlottesville/index.html

Last edited:

mla2ofus

GOLD Site Supporter
I know I'm stepping on the 1st amendment but if the news media, and I mean all, would give less 24/7 coverage of these events there would be less violence and lower attendance because this fire just loves to be fed via all media. I also point this same finger at facebook, youtube, et al. Too many of the radicals on both sides just love to have their little "moment of fame"!!!
There's been questions raised as to whether LEO's were told to stand down by law enforcement management and/or politicians. Law enforcement was aware of possible trouble when permits were issued. If they're too stupid to see this coming they shouldn't be doing the job!!
Mike

tiredretired

The Old Salt
SUPER Site Supporter
The left came to Charlottesville looking for a fight and they found it. When you show up to counter protest wearing helmets, body armor and carrying baseball bats, you only have one thing in mind and it sure as hell ain't singing Kumbaya. They knew the media would protect them and cover for them just like they always do.

We now have a President who is not afraid to call those pieces of shit out for what they are. He's not afraid of the media either. That is what pisses them off the most. He does not back down from them, as a matter of fact, he goes after them.

We finally have a President with a set of balls and I love every minute of it. If there is any hope left for this country, it lies in Mr. Trumps hands. God bless him.

300 H and H

Bronze Member
GOLD Site Supporter
Yup it is pretty hard to argue Trump hasn't got big balls.

The left wing media is breaking new ground the way they paint the picture of lies about what went on at that rally. Trump is calling them out on it to. Good for him.

2020 is looking better all of the time!

Regards, Kirk

tiredretired

The Old Salt
SUPER Site Supporter
The first response the liberals in the media show on the news this morning is the response from David Duke.

They have no soul.

jimbo

Bronze Member
GOLD Site Supporter
The statues along with confederate flag are a part of our history. Do people think they can change or erase history by getting rid of them?? I guess they figure out of sight out of mind!!
Mike

History can't be changed, but it can be erased. That's what this is all about.

FrancSevin

Proudly Deplorable
GOLD Site Supporter
“Black people who were never slaves are fighting white people who were never Nazis over a confederate statue erected by Democrats…. because Democrats can’t stand their own history anymore... yet somehow it’s Trump’s fault.” </SPAN>— Jeff Laffite Jones

tiredretired

The Old Salt
SUPER Site Supporter
If Hillary were President, would we be tearing down statues? No, we would not! Why not? Those statues would still be there, be it Hillary or Trump in the White House. Is there some magic spell that now has liberals and the media aware of those statues that have been up for decades. No. The left could give a hoot about statues. The libs need someone to blame for Trump's win and it looks like the Russians aren't it, so they have to find someone else. Trump won all of the rural white middle class southern vote, so lets blame them. The media intends to help them. The media will associate any White supremacist org with Trump voters/supporters anyway they can. Every times a statue gets ripped down, the left and the media have a silent gleeful feeling because they are taking their revenge on Trump voters.

The left wing fake stream media is the driving force behind all of this. They are the enablers that focus on a few right wing radicals while ignoring and justifying the violent actions of the alt left. It is an agenda to destroy and silence the right in this country and so far it is working as intended. They lost the election, but are willing to steal it away from those that did. Us.

FrancSevin

Proudly Deplorable
GOLD Site Supporter
If Hillary were President, would we be tearing down statues? No, we would not! Why not? Those statues would still be there, be it Hillary or Trump in the White House. Is there some magic spell that now has liberals and the media aware of those statues that have been up for decades. No. The left could give a hoot about statues. The libs need someone to blame for Trump's win and it looks like the Russians aren't it, so they have to find someone else. Trump won all of the rural white middle class southern vote, so lets blame them. The media intends to help them. The media will associate any White supremacist org with Trump voters/supporters anyway they can. Every times a statue gets ripped down, the left and the media have a silent gleeful feeling because they are taking their revenge on Trump voters.

The left wing fake stream media is the driving force behind all of this. They are the enablers that focus on a few right wing radicals while ignoring and justifying the violent actions of the alt left. It is an agenda to destroy and silence the right in this country and so far it is working as intended. They lost the election, but are willing to steal it away from those that did. Us.

This nonsense was created to replace the Russian nonsense who's life span could no longer be extended. This is abut making it impossible for President Trump to accomplish anything before the elections of 2018.

Desperate move by the DNC who would sacrifice the important work of the nation to regain the power they squandered in 2009 and 2010.

tiredretired

The Old Salt
SUPER Site Supporter
This nonsense was created to replace the Russian nonsense who's life span could no longer be extended. This is abut making it impossible for President Trump to accomplish anything before the elections of 2018.

Desperate move by the DNC who would sacrifice the important work of the nation to regain the power they squandered in 2009 and 2010.

Of course. Despicable creatures each and every one. Funny thing you know, when I wear my Trump T-Shirts the responses I get are about 10-1 in favor of it and this is in one of the most liberal states in the nation. I find that very interesting.

Outside of the phony media, the liberal elitists and the alt left, 3 groups that are capable of making more noise then their numbers indicate, Trump is not that despised. Not at all.

rugerman

The reason that this statue crap is blowing up is that it is on the media's agenda, none of the tear it down folks gave a damn until the media started pushing it as symbol of the white supremacist movement. No matter how good a argument you have that the statues are not a symbol of white supremacy it won't be heard because the media has a stranglehold on what is broadcast.